D9 Sycamore (4-4) #29

D3 Carter (4-5) #30

D15 Trezavant (4-4) #35

**Tell me how you think the Teams will be divided up in the 4 Brackets??**

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how you came up with your scenario but its not accurate, for instance Dyersburg and Haywood both are eliminated from the playoffs.

It is all outlined on the TSSAA website (link: http://www.tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/index.cfm) If you examine their criteria, you will see that if the season ended this past week, these are the exact teams that would make the playoffs. How they are Seeded and to which Quadrant are a different story...subject to TSSAA geographical descretion.

In their District there are six 4A teams (see the district Standings tab), thus the top three 4A teams make it: 1 Crockett Co, 2 Haywood Co, 3 Obion Co

Of the teams not eligible, Dyersburg has one of the top Wild Card rankings (see Wild Card Tab).

I don't know how you came up with your scenario but its not accurate, for instance Dyersburg and Haywood both are eliminated from the playoffs.

Looks like Haywood, Ripley, and Obion Central all have 2-2 district records. I don't see how 1ftbldad can say Haywood has been eliminated. With Crockett County winning the district and getting one of the automatics the other two would come from the three teams who are currently 2-2. It just depends on what happens the last two weeks.

Here is how East Tn playoffs might look if season ended on Week 8:

Scenario 1:

-Since there are 4 Knox/Upper East Teams and 4 Chatt Area teams, I think they will be lumped together and here is what the bracket will look like. (Remember that the teams are seeded first on how they finish in district--1s seeded, then 2s...down to Wildcards, AND teams can not play a team from their district in the first round):

Seeding

1 Red Bank

2 Claiborne

3 Greenville

4 Fulton

5 Brainerd

6 Gibbs

7 East Ridge

8 Chatt Central

Bracket would look something like this:

1st Rd

1 Red Bank vs

6 Gibbs

3 Greenville vs

7 East Ridge

2 Claiborne vs

8 Chatt Central

4 Fulton vs

5 Brainerd

Scenario 2 would involve Knox/Upper EastTN lumped in with East Middle Teams (Chatt teams would play East Nash area teams). This will probably only happen if Carter makes the playoffs (they need to beat GP and then Sycamore, Dyersburg and Ripley lose one or both of their games):

Seeding

1 Claiborne

2 Greenville

3 Dekalb Co

4 Fulton

5 Gibbs

6 Scott Co

7 Livingston

8 Carter

1st Rd

1 Claiborne vs

8 Carter

4 Fulton vs

6 Scott Co

2 Greenville vs

7 Livingston

3 Dekalb Co vs

5 Gibbs

Since the Scott County/Livingston winner is from District 4 and the Chattanooga teams are in District 6, I would think that the District 4 winner would be lumped with the rest of the east tennessee teams.

Just my two cents worth.

Livingston is actually in District 8...Scott in District 4. If the lump Scott in, they will have to split up Chattanooga schools to different Quadrants. This is the first year, so who knows what they will do with teams geographically.

Read this on the Chatt Times Free Press website today:

"Red Bank (8-0, 5-0) officially claims the district title with a win in either of its last two games, or a Tyner loss. The Lions do have an automatic berth into the 4A bracket and as of now would also have a first-round bye. Tyner (4-4, 4-1) has claimed a spot in the 3A bracket."

---Does anyone know if the playoff system set up with teams having BYEs in the first round? Or is this just an error by the writer/reporter?