4A Playoff Scenario After Week 8

FultonGrad

Read this on the Chatt Times Free Press website today:

"Red Bank (8-0, 5-0) officially claims the district title with a win in either of its last two games, or a Tyner loss. The Lions do have an automatic berth into the 4A bracket and as of now would also have a first-round bye. Tyner (4-4, 4-1) has claimed a spot in the 3A bracket."

---Does anyone know if the playoff system set up with teams having BYEs in the first round? Or is this just an error by the writer/reporter?

...I don't think it's a misprint...he also mentioned a BYE in District 6-A(S.Pitt)...in 5-AA he stated that "Polk is not guaranteed a first-round bye".

...I'd like to know how they will navigate the brackets with bye's!!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Red Bank (8-0, 5-0) officially claims the district title with a win in either of its last two games, or a Tyner loss. The Lions do have an automatic berth into the 4A bracket and as of now would also have a first-round bye. Tyner (4-4, 4-1) has claimed a spot in the 3A bracket."

---Does anyone know if the playoff system set up with teams having BYEs in the first round? Or is this just an error by the writer/reporter?

...I don't think it's a misprint...he also mentioned a BYE in District 6-A(S.Pitt)...in 5-AA he stated that "Polk is not guaranteed a first-round bye".

...I'd like to know how they will navigate the brackets with bye's!!!

I answered your question on the 3a bracket.

:roflol: no byes in 4A; just 1A and 2A. :?: