Cumberland Gap @ Cosby 10-23-09

veerman8133

Seems like CG is limping to the finish line this year. Does anyone have a report on CG's qb Shipley? He was injured friday vs. claiborne and returned, but was obviously hobbled. If he can't go, i guess we will get to see what the future holds at qb with freshman blake franklin takin over. I thought the kid came in and played great in a pressure situation on friday. I don't know much about Cosby. I think CG has played them in some scrimmages in the past. Any insight from cosby fans or anyone they've played would be greatly appreciated. No clue how the playoff situation will work. I know CG has 2nd in 3A pretty much locked up in the district with west beating south on friday. What a year for the panthers. One thing after the next...but they still seem to play hard and overcome. Hang in guys. Finish strong! :thumb:

CG - 30 (with Shipley at qb)

20 (with Franklin at qb)

Cosby - 14

Go Panthers! :thumb:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like CG is limping to the finish line this year. Does anyone have a report on CG's qb Shipley? He was injured friday vs. claiborne and returned, but was obviously hobbled. If he can't go, i guess we will get to see what the future holds at qb with freshman blake franklin takin over. I thought the kid came in and played great in a pressure situation on friday. I don't know much about Cosby. I think CG has played them in some scrimmages in the past. Any insight from cosby fans or anyone they've played would be greatly appreciated. No clue how the playoff situation will work. I know CG has 2nd in 3A pretty much locked up in the district with west beating south on friday. What a year for the panthers. One thing after the next...but they still seem to play hard and overcome. Hang in guys. Finish strong! :blush:

20 (with Franklin at qb)

Cosby - 14

Go Panthers! :blush:

Cosby and CG scrimmaged each other for about 3 years in a row before scheduling each other this season. The scrimmages were always very competitive.

I think the game will be very close regardless of who's at QB for CG. I know shipley is a great player but I hear the young QB is pretty talented , and you guys are fairly big up front. We have the ability to be pretty good but we are very young this year.

I say Cosby 21 Gap 7

Seems like CG is limping to the finish line this year. Does anyone have a report on CG's qb Shipley? He was injured friday vs. claiborne and returned, but was obviously hobbled. If he can't go, i guess we will get to see what the future holds at qb with freshman blake franklin takin over. I thought the kid came in and played great in a pressure situation on friday. I don't know much about Cosby. I think CG has played them in some scrimmages in the past. Any insight from cosby fans or anyone they've played would be greatly appreciated. No clue how the playoff situation will work. I know CG has 2nd in 3A pretty much locked up in the district with west beating south on friday. What a year for the panthers. One thing after the next...but they still seem to play hard and overcome. Hang in guys. Finish strong! :blush:

20 (with Franklin at qb)

Cosby - 14

Cosby and CG scrimmaged each other for about 3 years in a row before scheduling each other this season. The scrimmages were always very competitive.

I think the game will be very close regardless of who's at QB for CG. I know shipley is a great player but I hear the young QB is pretty talented , and you guys are fairly big up front. We have the ability to be pretty good but we are very young this year.

I say Cosby 21 Gap 7

Yeah we are fairly big up front. And CG is very young this year as well. Especially now! What is Cosby like up front?

20 (with Franklin at qb)

Cosby - 14

I say Cosby 21 Gap 7

Yeah we are fairly big up front. And CG is very young this year as well. Especially now! What is Cosby like up front?

Young , talented , athletic ............small.

I really hate to hear that about Shipley. That's a tough break for him and his team. The Rebels wish him a speedy recovery and the good luck to the Gap the rest of the season.

Thanks a lot 1st. I'm sure the kid is down pretty bad. Senior season, senior night, against the biggest rival. Hopefully he can help young franklin out and maybe coach him up. And i hope that the rest of the panthers will rally around the young freshman signal caller. Best of luck to the Rebs the rest of the season as well.

Heard Shipley led a couple of scoring drives AFTER he broke his leg...OUCH, that's called wanting it. Blake Franklin may only be a freshman but he does play some meaningful varsity snaps on offense and defense. I don't think the speed of the game will be an issue for him and he's probably a bit faster than Shipley. As long as Blake doesn't come out and swing for the fences I believe the Gap, for the most part, doesn't change a thing and plays CG football.

CG-30

Cosby-14

Heard Shipley led a couple of scoring drives AFTER he broke his leg...OUCH, that's called wanting it. Blake Franklin may only be a freshman but he does play some meaningful varsity snaps on offense and defense. I don't think the speed of the game will be an issue for him and he's probably a bit faster than Shipley. As long as Blake doesn't come out and swing for the fences I believe the Gap, for the most part, doesn't change a thing and plays CG football.

CG-30

Cosby-14

yea, he threw for bout another 100-150 yards and a td after he broke his leg, very very tough, bad break for him and for the team but thats football its happens, they have to bounce back

I think this will be an interesting game, not sure what the weather is going to be like, hope its nice but it doesn't look good :thumb: Hope all the Cougars have a safe trip down, and I know this sounds goofy, but if all the Gappers would wear pink it would be nice. We'er having a Breast Cancer awareness thing and we're looking to PINK out the stadium, both teams will be wearing pink ribbons on their helments, and the coaches will also wear them on their hats or shirts. So if you've been touched by this terrible disease, PLEASE show your support for a cure and wear your PINK!! :flower:

I think this will be an interesting game, not sure what the weather is going to be like, hope its nice but it doesn't look good :thumb: Hope all the Cougars have a safe trip down, and I know this sounds goofy, but if all the Gappers would wear pink it would be nice. We'er having a Breast Cancer awareness thing and we're looking to PINK out the stadium, both teams will be wearing pink ribbons on their helments, and the coaches will also wear them on their hats or shirts. So if you've been touched by this terrible disease, PLEASE show your support for a cure and wear your PINK!! :flower:

Ok first Bigblue...we are the Panthers!! Secondly...that sounds awesome!! I don't think enough schools do this sort of thing. Pink Out in Cosby! Will def be wearing mine if i'm able to make the trip! :thumb:

I think this will be an interesting game, not sure what the weather is going to be like, hope its nice but it doesn't look good :thumb: Hope all the Cougars have a safe trip down, and I know this sounds goofy, but if all the Gappers would wear pink it would be nice. We'er having a Breast Cancer awareness thing and we're looking to PINK out the stadium, both teams will be wearing pink ribbons on their helments, and the coaches will also wear them on their hats or shirts. So if you've been touched by this terrible disease, PLEASE show your support for a cure and wear your PINK!! :thumb:

Ok first Bigblue...we are the Panthers!! Secondly...that sounds awesome!! I don't think enough schools do this sort of thing. Pink Out in Cosby! Will def be wearing mine if i'm able to make the trip! :flower:

Please wear your PINK , and when you show up buy some more! We will be donating the proceeds to cancer research. It is a great thing that I am very proud to be a part of. Not only donating the money but helping teach young kids the importance of helping out in any small way you can.