Arbys Classic

JIMA6578

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that MAY wrap this year up then. I don't think White Station has the guns or the big men inside to match Melrose. Ridgeway has the big man and the experience, but lack depth on that front line. Southwind has the most depth, but don't really have that banger, but J3 and Darrian Gray could cause some major fits. Germantown is really a two man team which won't get you anywhere against Melrose and Central may have the best chance due to it being a rivalry and they may be able to control the tempo. All the above teams like to push it.

GC I'm with you on that one I'll be there...However If WS don't solve their rebounding issues this one won't be close. Even though Joe will get his...

Sounds like White Station is having an even TOUGHER time replacing (graduated) big man, Farakahnn Hall and his enormous contributions.

Evidently, Nino Johnson (who transferred from Melrose) has not been able to completely fill Hall's shoes.

Well that MAY wrap this year up then. I don't think White Station has the guns or the big men inside to match Melrose. Ridgeway has the big man and the experience, but lack depth on that front line. Southwind has the most depth, but don't really have that banger, but J3 and Darrian Gray could cause some major fits. Germantown is really a two man team which won't get you anywhere against Melrose and Central may have the best chance due to it being a rivalry and they may be able to control the tempo. All the above teams like to push it.

Excellent summary of our top teams, Jody Joe! :o

----------------------------------------

Can you (or anyone) give us the detailed "4-1-1" on this McAfee kid's "game" ( i.e. size, position, PPG, RPG, grade, etc)?

I've never seen him play but I get the sense, from the general comments posted, that McAfee is a serious 'baller!

Thanks.

McAfee is 6'4 combo guard. He's a consesus top 70 player in the nation. He's an explosive scorer and superb athlete. He can shoot the rock well, penetrate, and really can rise up on anyone. He's a high major prospect and has shown alot of improvement since middle school. In the '11 class he may be a little underrated, but I think he is better than Andre Hollins.

As for Nino Johnson, I think he's an ok replacement for Ferrakhon, but he doesn't provide nearly as much offense. He gets some transition points and some garbage buckets, but can't really be realied upon as that 3rd or 4th option. Rebounding may not be White Station's main problem as their offense is very stagnant when only Joe is scoring the ball. Hollins has a knack for sometimes disappearing and Harry Green's shot hasn't fallen consistently. I know last year you disagreed with me on Julian Burton at the point, but they NEED Burton back seriously. Defensively Marvin will be a liability. I think Rucker may be to strong and athlethic. J3 and Tarik already had very good games against him. J3 attacked from the perimeter and Black did alot of damage with his strength and quickness.

JodyJoe I would have to disagree about McAfee. In my opinion he isn't close to Hollins. In the games that I have seen personally I have yet to see McAfee be productive. NOw during the summer aau circuit I have seen him be virtually unstoppable at times but not at Craigmont with more structure....As far as F. Hall and Nino Johnson it's a big difference. F. Hall gave WS a little mean streak but Nino Johnson/Big Marvin and the other 6'8 kid are serviceable high school players. White station still has enough fire power with Burton back to give any teams in Memphis fits...

Well I've never seen Craigmont play in person and I watch McAfee during the summer so thats probably why I would feel that way, but I guarantee you Nino Johnson is also a beast during the summer. Probably why so much was expected of him, but he rarely scored double digits at Melrose.

Well I've never seen Craigmont play in person and I watch McAfee during the summer so thats probably why I would feel that way, but I guarantee you Nino Johnson is also a beast during the summer. Probably why so much was expected of him, but he rarely scored double digits at Melrose.

McAfee -vs- Hollins

Better Athlete (McAfee)

Better Shooter (McAfee)

Better Ballhandler (draw)

Better Defender (Hollins)

Better Strength (Hollins)