Millington-Craigmont

MarkH

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not at the Arlington /Craigmont game so maybe someone close to the programs can answer this.

I saw the film and could not figure out why Craigmonts #60 went after Arlingtons QB way after a play was over and the QB was at least ten yards from the play.

Also I so the flag but was anything else done.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea why he did it. I mean the QB doesn't play D or special teams, I don't know what might have transpired throughout the game. I never saw the two of them at each other at any point though.

All I can say is, it was one of the most disappointing acts I have ever seen on a high school football field. I hope he is straightened out, because actually the young man is a good player based on what I saw that night.

I was not at the Arlington /Craigmont game so maybe someone close to the programs can answer this.

I saw the film and could not figure out why Craigmonts #60 went after Arlingtons QB way after a play was over and the QB was at least ten yards from the play.

He let issues off the field get to him and he made the decision to take it out on someone that didn't deserve it. He has had his problems during his time at Craigmont and Coach Van Hooks has done everything he can to try and keep at least one stable environment in the young man's life. Not a while lot of people know the off the wall issues that city school coaches have to deal with on a daily basis, but I feel Coach Van Hooks has done an outstanding job with the hand he has been dealt.

He let issues off the field get to him and he made the decision to take it out on someone that didn't deserve it. He has had his problems during his time at Craigmont and Coach Van Hooks has done everything he can to try and keep at least one stable environment in the young man's life. Not a while lot of people know the off the wall issues that city school coaches have to deal with on a daily basis, but I feel Coach Van Hooks has done an outstanding job with the hand he has been dealt.

If the coach has taken care of it in a proper manner thats fine. He probably should have been ejected but for some reason the refs didn't see the need. Your right a lot of coach's have to be dad and some time mom to. Unfortunatley the law has to deal with them later when they let their emotions take over when they get older. I said a year or so ago that after coach v has been their for awhile he get it turned around.

Looking forward to a very good game Friday.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

GoChiefs - I would like your assessment of Arlington after seeing them up close. I know you are disappointed in the loss - but Craigmont played a heck of a game and it was a playoff type atmosphere. I think Craigmont has a chance to go deep in the 5A playoffs. The defense is athletic and salty and the running game has the ability to control the clock.

I appreciate you comments regarding the city school issues faced by some coaches. I applaud them for doing everything they can to provide mentorship and leadership in the lives of the ones that need some guidance.

I was not glad to see the incident after the play, but just glad no one was injured. Everyone makes mistakes.Hopefully the young man will continue to get guidance and it will have an impact in his life.

GoChiefs - Your team's effort has made another fan - I hope the Chiefs go far in the playoffs and good luck against Millington - Should be a heck of a ballgame.

My Bad Ace yes they did. And that is okay if you do you should. :roflol:

But we know you are, too many ties between the schools.

Why would Arlington celebrate 10-0 when I'd be willing to bet that 15-0 is the goal. I guess I could see them celebrating the district championship if they finish 10-0, but that's normal, right?

Not going to be able to create any bulletin board material from Arlington. I am pretty close to these players and they have a lot of respect for Millington and know how difficult a challenge next friday will be. These kids remember 1-9 and one reason for the success this year is they do not overlook anyone or take anything for granted.

As I have said before, Millington is the king of the region until someone knocks them off.

Looking forward to a great Craigmont-Millington game. Good luck to both teams.