Smith Co. at York Oct. 30

owlgolf09

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most coaches will do what they can at this time of year because of the no tommorrow thing. We know what to expect from these games and most the time it happens. Just proud to be part of the process. I was just wishing everyone one from our district good luck in the playoffs. We may fight like cats and dogs during the season but I like them to do well during playoffs or tournaments.

Good job YAI. I saw the game and was very impressed by the dragons. Smith County got taken out to the woodshed. They were outplayed in all phases of the game, The Dragons should have scored two more times. York's QB had an excellent night, He never got hit...... He was the one delivering the blows. I was suprised to see the owls shy away from contact. They looked really "soft". The owls were out coached, outplayed, and outhit. The indoor practice facility could be the problem. The elements are a big part of football. Also, maybe too many coaches. How does Maynard keep up with all of them. They had at least 15 coaches there tonight. York's field was in great shape and the popcorn was great. Can not wait to read the excuses from the smith county fans. Hope they didn't get behind any horse and buggies on their ride home.It had to be a really long ride regardless. Good luck to the Owls and Dragons in the playoffs. Good job 72/52, you are the main reason you guys won 7 games. You held the program together when it could have fallen apart. 5 shutouts, awesome!!!!!! :excl::lol:size]

I think most coaches will do what they can at this time of year because of the no tommorrow thing. We know what to expect from these games and most the time it happens. Just proud to be part of the process. I was just wishing everyone one from our district good luck in the playoffs. We may fight like cats and dogs during the season but I like them to do well during playoffs or tournaments.

Good job YAI. I saw the game and was very impressed by the dragons. Smith County got taken out to the woodshed. They were outplayed in all phases of the game, The Dragons should have scored two more times. York's QB had an excellent night, He never got hit...... He was the one delivering the blows. I was suprised to see the owls shy away from contact. They looked really "soft". The owls were out coached, outplayed, and outhit. The indoor practice facility could be the problem. The elements are a big part of football. Also, maybe too many coaches. How does Maynard keep up with all of them. They had at least 15 coaches there tonight. York's field was in great shape and the popcorn was great. Can not wait to read the excuses from the smith county fans. Hope they didn't get behind any horse and buggies on their ride home.It had to be a really long ride regardless. Good luck to the Owls and Dragons in the playoffs. Good job 72/52, you are the main reason you guys won 7 games. You held the program together when it could have fallen apart. 5 shutouts, awesome!!!!!! :popcorneater::bored:[/img]

I guess the saying idiot doesn't cover it would apply here. :D

Great game. Hope you guys enjoyed the popcorn and the bleachers! I was dissappointed to not see the horn tonight. (not that you would have needed it :popcorneater: ) sorry, couldn't resist. Great game York. They came out determined. SC got their heads down, and never was really in the game. After the Interception return for a TD, it kind of slid downhill. No excuses for bad field or weather here. Just a well played game. Really hope SC picks it up in the playoffs. I would like to see them go deep. Wish us luck with our draw. Very good possibility of CAK, Goodpasture, and Alcoa. Haha. Great game York, and seniors, it's been a joy to watch you guys play and have a good time.

Great game. Hope you guys enjoyed the popcorn and the bleachers! I was dissappointed to not see the horn tonight. (not that you would have needed it :popcorneater: ) sorry, couldn't resist. Great game York. They came out determined. SC got their heads down, and never was really in the game. After the Interception return for a TD, it kind of slid downhill. No excuses for bad field or weather here. Just a well played game. Really hope SC picks it up in the playoffs. I would like to see them go deep. Wish us luck with our draw. Very good possibility of CAK, Goodpasture, and Alcoa. Haha. Great game York, and seniors, it's been a joy to watch you guys play and have a good time.

Did you play on the 1979 York team? That bunch would knock people's helmets off. I recall the BGA game in Nashville. They were ranked, dressed out 98 players, and had anall state tight end and linebacker. York dresses 18 players that night and wins 40-0. If you were on that team you know what it takes to be a winner! May have been york's best team....ever,

Did you play on the 1979 York team? That bunch would knock people's helmets off. I recall the BGA game in Nashville. They were ranked, dressed out 98 players, and had anall state tight end and linebacker. York dresses 18 players that night and wins 40-0. If you were on that team you know what it takes to be a winner! May have been york's best team....ever,

Nah, wasn't on the team, graduating class, but, yeah, I do recall that. =)

Way to go Dragons! Smith Co. looked the weakest of all the district teams except for Upperman. They had one good play all night...a great 50 year run. But, they never threatened to score all night or even came anywhere close. Where were all these Smith Co. fans? Of the 12 bleacher sets provided, the ones across the field were only 2/3rds full...200 people at most, and maybe 20 people in the other set of 5 stands. Like I said in an earlier post, York has more stadium seats than Smith Co. fans to fill them. It was clear York was fired up before the game started and then scored on their 1st possession going right down the field.

As for being "mad" about the Amish comments...no, I knew it was just humor, but being a former teacher I don't like to see that kind of thing. It was acceptable at one time to do that about blacks too and few would do that now. And by the way, the Mennonites do use technology such as cell phones and computers. I was surprised a few years ago to see many cell phones at a Mennonite auction and I didn't have one yet...less tech savvy than the Mennonites.