Has any team ever not allowed a goal through district play?

eyeonu

The good thing about soccer in the East and Middle is the teams do not have to travel anywhere to get good soccer.

I'm thinking you are just being proud of the quality of teams in the East and Middle and not suggesting that that going West of Nashville has no benefit. I think that there's enough good teams in the West to give each other all the competition they would want, but travel has many more advantages than "good" soccer. I know that many of our trips were less challenging than playing the JV Team at home, but that's not what it's about. Playing the same teams over and over will not get you ready for playing the big game, if so fortunate, where you could meet a team or play on a field you would have never been able to prepare for, had you not traveled.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ND did travel over to the Rivals tourney.....was my point. For some reason, I though CC would know that, then again, perhaps not.

And they do yearly, as does Baylor, Bearden, Siegel, etc. I was just giving him a chance to think out what he said and giving benefit of doubt on the negative implication. I would look for some "great" teams, beyond the good teams, as well. I think he was suggesting, the West must travel to find any really strong opponents, what ya think?? Really does not compute for me, but it doesn't have to. :thumb:

Don't get your panties in a wad, Canes. I wasn't being negative or positive. Just saying that East and Middle have more quality teams and therefore do not have to travel. The better teams, and the ones with better budgets like ND or Baylor, do. It is a shame that Tennessee is challenged geographically that travel from East to West is so far.

i think two years ago, ND went from district to state semis, only scored on by boyd in region. =]

i want to say that they weren't scored on by district opponents during regular season either, but im not positive

You can look on Eurosports for history. Don't know who is district or not. In 2006 ND had 9 scored on them in total with 3 in state games. So only 6 all year. Didn't look at other years.