Lawrence County vs Tullahoma

fballfan101

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blow out. Lawrence County 34 Tullahoma 13

I have been lucky enough to catch both these teams this week due to the TV game on Thursday. What a shame games are not played on every day of the week! Superfly I agree with the 34 points you have for LCHS but I really don't see T'town scoring 13 points. I put them with one score at the most. Luckily T'town got away with some fake punts last game to keep it much closer than it should have been! I will say that was good coaching to just keep it close. Unless T'town has some kind of secret weapon they have not shown all year then I am afraid it could get ugly for them in Lawrence County! I figure since they knocked LCHS out of the playoffs last year the players will be fired up and looking for a little payback. This is a huge game for both teams...LCHS palying for home field and T'town fighting for a wildcard. In conclusion, I have seen T'town play three times and LCHS play four times and both teams are much improved from the start of the season but the running game for LCHS will dominate this matchup! I say the score will be 34-6 LCHS.

Lawrence County has only beaten Tullahoma once since 1986 (1992).I thinkl that streak gets broken this year.Lawrence Co.is much bigger much more physical than Tullahoma.Lawrence Co. wins 42-20 although it could be much closer if Tullahomas qb is healthy.

I for one never saw the QB play that you are talking about. I saw the second game, the game he got hurt against Shelbyville and the Siegle game. What does this kid give T'town? If he is indeed healthy will he get the start over the backup? I know history and tradition is on T'town's side but I for one am not convinced that have a real shot at winning this last game. I guess they could toss some trick plays out there but I still feel as this one could get ugly. Davis or Bowles? Which one gives them the best chance to win Friday??

Having seen every Tullahoma game since 1984, obviously most games against Lawrence Co. have been fairly predictable wins.

However, each of the last two seasons featured a LC team that you could just see was getting better and better. Each of the last two seasons these two teams played in Week 10, with the winner advancing to the playoffs and the loser going home. Tullahoma won both of those but both games were within a touchdown. In other words these two teams were pretty evenly matched.

This year is a little different story. Lawrence Co. is going to the playoffs either way. If they win it Friday then they have a pretty good chance of hosting a first round game. If not they will travel as a wild card, but still be seeded pretty strong in whatever quadrant they are put in.

Tullahoma on the other hand is probably fighting for its playoff life. Even though they are listed today as a wild card team, they will need some help to get in if they fall to Lawrence Co.

Lawrence Co. has got to be super pumped up that this is their year to beat Tullahoma and get over that hump. They have won seven in a row and are coming off a 28-0 pasting of Hardin Co. The only losses this year have come to Columbia and Giles Co., two teams that are a combined 16-2.

That is a mighty strong resume' and set of circumstances for Tullahoma to go up against. The Wildcats lost their best athlete (Jordan Milleville) before the season began. They lost their middle linebacker and leading tackler (Dillon Crouch) midway through the season, and now it appears they have lost their starting QB. Tough obstacles for a team that is young and does not have a lot of depth.

So all factors point to this being Lawrence Co.'s year. As always, when all factors point to one team and everybody is picking one team......watch out.