Greenbrier?

sball23

Is it true that the point guard for Greenbrier has decided to forgo her senior year because she signed a college scholarship?

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 pm under 'College Signees, Softball'

Nina Dever SS (Greenbrier 2010) verbally committed to MTSU

No, it's not true. She hasn't signed yet (can't until Nov. 11th), but she's done with volleyball and is excited to start the basketball season...God-willin'.

I heard the same thing, that Dever quit basketball. Why would somebody start that rumor? Was there talk of her leaving the team at some point?

DEVERS A VERY GOOD PLAYER . I WATCHED HER DURING HER SOPH YEAR AND KNEW SHE COULD PLAY. I HOPE SHE PLAYS THIS YEAR. I ENJOY WATCHING HER PLAY AGAINST WHITE HOUSE. SHE PLAYS A GOOD ALL AROUND GAME BUT SHE DOES NEED WORK ON HER JUMPER. SHE MUST BE A GOOD ALL AROUND ATHLETE IF SHE PLAYS VOLLEYBALL AND IS GOING TO PLAY AT MTSU IN SOFTBALL.

I heard the same thing, that Dever quit basketball. Why would somebody start that rumor? Was there talk of her leaving the team at some point?

DEVERS A VERY GOOD PLAYER . I WATCHED HER DURING HER SOPH YEAR AND KNEW SHE COULD PLAY. I HOPE SHE PLAYS THIS YEAR. I ENJOY WATCHING HER PLAY AGAINST WHITE HOUSE. SHE PLAYS A GOOD ALL AROUND GAME BUT SHE DOES NEED WORK ON HER JUMPER. SHE MUST BE A GOOD ALL AROUND ATHLETE IF SHE PLAYS VOLLEYBALL AND IS GOING TO PLAY AT MTSU IN SOFTBALL.

Why do people ever start rumors? Makes them feel special or smart or important I guess. Perhaps we'd all be better off if everybody just kept their noses in their own business.

It's Dever, btw, and you are right. She can play. All State Volleyball Team in 2008. Starter in BB and softball since her freshman year. Too many All District, All MTSCA, All Tournament, and academic awards to list. It's been difficult for me to fit all her accomplishments onto the one page Player Profile format I use for every player (I have to use smaller font sizes to cram it all in). Trevecca wanted her badly to come in as a two sport athlete. DI schools have continued to show interest in her even after she verballed to MTSU. Hard nosed, aggressive, full blast type player. Even at 6'3" and 240 lbs. I don't want to be the defensive player trying to cut her off when she drives to the hole because if I could keep her from blowing past me, she'd just run over me and knock me on my butt - and flash me a big ole smile when she put the ball in the hole and went to the line for the "And One". You might think she needs some work on her jumper, but she's doing something pretty well since she has scored some 910 points through her junior year and should pass the 1000 point milestone well before Christmas.

Nina has played travel softball for me the past two years. I can guarantee you that if I were to take a college team, I'd take her with me in a heartbeat. She can play for any team in the country. MTSU and Sue Never have found a gem, and she'll sign her National Letter of Intent scholarship papers on November 11th. She'll likely be a 3 or 4 year starter at the collegiate level. And if I was ever in a position to need a partner to cover my rear in a fox hole on the front lines of combat, I wouldn't hesitate to pick Ms. Dever.

We'll take her at Cornersville in a Heartbeat. Just leave Dad back in Greenbrier! :roflol: LOL!!! Seriously, I've had the pleasure of coaching many outstanding young ladies over the past several years. Nina Dever is without question one of the BEST!! :roflol: Have a GREAT senior year Nina! Can't wait to see you play this year and in the future for Coach Nevar at Middle.

We'll take her at Cornersville in a Heartbeat. Just leave Dad back in Greenbrier! :roflolk: LOL!!! Seriously, I've had the pleasure of coaching many outstanding young ladies over the past several years. Nina Dever is without question one of the BEST!! :roflol: Have a GREAT senior year Nina! Can't wait to see you play this year and in the future for Coach Nevar at Middle.

How can you say that? The situation with her dad has nothing to do with Nina and should not be brought up when you talk about her. Nina is a great ball player and should not be remembered by what her dad did which she had no control over.

We'll take her at Cornersville in a Heartbeat. Just leave Dad back in Greenbrier! :roflolk: LOL!!! Seriously, I've had the pleasure of coaching many outstanding young ladies over the past several years. Nina Dever is without question one of the BEST!! :roflol: Have a GREAT senior year Nina! Can't wait to see you play this year and in the future for Coach Nevar at Middle.

How can you say that? The situation with her dad has nothing to do with Nina and should not be brought up when you talk about her. Nina is a great ball player and should not be remembered by what her dad did which she had no control over.

Seriously dude? Read the post... note the smiley, laughing face and the LOL Escape17 used. Her dad and Escape17 are close friends and talk almost daily. LOL - laugh out loud/on line.