Playoffs if they started after Week 9

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a 3-class system because that's how they're grouped to get to the 6-class playoffs. If not, you'd have a 6-class regular season with none of the results of 1A vs 2A, etc, affecting the playoffs. They're having A, AA and AAA Mr Football awards this season instead of in each playoff class, the way I saw it.

Guys, I think the TSSAA is about to throw us all a curve ball here. In reading their literature that they put out. It said teams would be seeded if they finished 1st or 2nd in the district. Then those seeded that finished in the top half of their district. Then wild cards. Here is the link that shows that. It is under Section III Letter D a. and b. Someone tell me if I am reading it wrong. http://tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

But here is how I feel it goes down. They are going to place teams in by how they finish in their district. If you finish 1st you are seeded, 2nd and so on. The problem with that is you have districts that maybe have 2 4A teams making it easier for 3A to finish higher, then you have a district with 4 4A making it more difficult for teams to finish higher. It is not consistent across the board and is different from what I am reading. I understand rewarding teams for finishing 1st or 2nd in the district, but don't punish teams cause of unbalanced 3a/4a districts. Wildcards will always be seeded last. Typical TSSAA. :blush::hungry:

So take quad 4 for example. It would look like this after week 9.

# 1 Manassas (Would finish # 1 in their district of 5 teams) 3 4a schools

# 8 Westview (Wild Card)

# 4 Stewart County (Would finish # 3 in their district of 7 teams) 2 4a schools

# 5 Oakhaven ( Would finish # 3 in their district of 6 teams) 3 4A schools

# 3 Camden (Would finish # 2 in their district of 7 teams) 2 4a schools

# 6 Fairview (Would finish # 4 in their district of 8 teams) 4 4a schools

# 2 Milan (Would finish # 2 in their district of 9 teams) 6 4A schools

# 7 Lewis Co. (Would finish # 5 in their district of 8 teams) 4 4A schools

Gerry - I think you been been holding on to the brown jug a little too long...Just kidding....Seriously, I do think you are over analyzing this thing. If you did the Eastern quads similar to quad 4 it might be possible for Alcoa not to be a 1 seed in that quad. We all know how wrong that would be... they might as well burn down the TSSAA office. I don't see anyway that Manassas with a loss could be a higher seed. Of course you may be assuming that Milan will loose this Friday night. B) In my opinion the format you have on page 1 is what we will see after Saturday morning.

5 wins is a lock for a wild card slot in 3a this year...so you can add these teams to the list. Some of these may get in as a 2 seed opening another spot.

Stewart Co.

York

Westview

Kingston

Johnson County

East Lit.

Fairview

5 wins is not necessarily a lock. It's possible for a 5 win team to not make it. In 3A, there are currently 26 teams with 5 or more wins. There are 10 teams with 4 wins. If all 10 teams with 4 wins get another win, then there is 36 teams with 5 or more wins and only 32 playoff spots.

Most of those teams are probably in, but 5 wins is not a lock.

You are forgetting teams that are already in with 5 or less wins...such as B.T Washington or Oakhaven. Also...Hickman or Lewis Co. will get in also. Hickman has 4 wins...Lewis has 2. There are others. There could be a couple of 5 win teams left out...but not over 1 or 2 if at all.

bt washington, oakhaven, hickman and lewis are not in yet. only 2 of the 4 have a chance to make it. theres 17 potential 5 win teams. only 3 are in as of now. theres 12 playoff spots left. again i looked at this quickly so correct me if im wrong.

Cumberland Gap is in with 4

Tyner is in with 5

Cannon Co. is in with 5

East Lit. or Pearl Cohn is in with 5 & 4 respectively

Fairview is in with 5

Booker T. Washington or Oakhaven is in with 3 or 4 respectively

Hickman or Lewis is in with 4 or 2 respectively

5 wins is a lock for a wild card slot in 3a this year...so you can add these teams to the list. Some of these may get in as a 2 seed opening another spot.

Stewart Co.

York

Westview

Kingston

Johnson County

East Lit.

Fairview

5 wins is not necessarily a lock. It's possible for a 5 win team to not make it. In 3A, there are currently 26 teams with 5 or more wins. There are 10 teams with 4 wins. If all 10 teams with 4 wins get another win, then there is 36 teams with 5 or more wins and only 32 playoff spots.

Most of those teams are probably in, but 5 wins is not a lock.

You are forgetting teams that are already in with 5 or less wins...such as B.T Washington or Oakhaven. Also...Hickman or Lewis Co. will get in also. Hickman has 4 wins...Lewis has 2. There are others. There could be a couple of 5 win teams left out...but not over 1 or 2 if at all.

All I said was that 5 wins is not a lock... Thank you for agreeing with me.

Gerry - I think you been been holding on to the brown jug a little too long...Just kidding....Seriously, I do think you are over analyzing this thing. If you did the Eastern quads similar to quad 4 it might be possible for Alcoa not to be a 1 seed in that quad. We all know how wrong that would be... they might as well burn down the TSSAA office. I don't see anyway that Manassas with a loss could be a higher seed. Of course you may be assuming that Milan will loose this Friday night. :thumb: In my opinion the format you have on page 1 is what we will see after Saturday morning.

Assuming that Alcoa beats CAK Friday, they would get a #1 seed in any of the 4 quads. Winning Friday will give them 10 wins and 7 wins over teams greater than .500 ... nobody can match that.