West TN teams that could make some noise

NSHSIndian20

Teams that should represent the West at state:

Single A

Lake Co. - They lost Renita Kinney, however they return some great young talent in TT Flowers and Carnation Hart. I really think Lake Co. can win them a state championship in girls basketball within the next 3 years. They're going to be a force to be recogned with.

Bradford - People look at Bradford as a team that lost alot of talent off of last years team, which is true. What people fail to see is the fact they still have alot of talent on that team. Molly Wallsmith will lead Bradford as Jackilann Street and Sarah Combs will do what they have to do. I expect Bradford to lose a couple during the regular season, however I believe Coach Eddings will have this team ready for a late post season run.

Double A

Westview - Westview returns practically everything from last years state semi-final team. Rechis, Swaim and Olds will lead Westview back to the state tournaments for another late post season run. Westview is well coached and has the one of the best 3 point shooters in the state in Amber Rechis. Westview is going to be a tough team for anybody to beat this year.

Gibson Co. - Gibson Co. lost 2 starters off of last years team, however they return almost all of their scoring. GC will be led by Butler, Griffin, and Reedy and will look to make a back-to-back state championship run. GC will have to have players fill in the shoes of Jennings and Garner who graduated last year. I believe those 2 spots will determine whether GC will make it a back-to-back run.

Triple A

Jackson North Side - Jackson NS was a great team last year and will be a great team this year. They took Westview down to the wire in the region semi's last year. North Side has some very good talent on their team and will be led by a Junior in Jalita Fason and a Senior in Alex Hill. North Side moving to Triple A is probably the best thing to happen to their girls basketball program.

Memphis Central - Memphis Central is coming into this season coming off of a 35-2 season last year with 1 of those losses being in the state championship by 1 point to Hillsboro. Memphis Central is very athletic and has size at all positions. If Memphis Central stays healthy this year, I really expect them to be back contending for another state championship.

Teams that should represent the West at state:

Single A

Lake Co. - They lost Renita Kinney, however they return some great young talent in TT Flowers and Carnation Hart. I really think Lake Co. can win them a state championship in girls basketball within the next 3 years. They're going to be a force to be recogned with.

Bradford - People look at Bradford as a team that lost alot of talent off of last years team, which is true. What people fail to see is the fact they still have alot of talent on that team. Molly Wallsmith will lead Bradford as Jackilann Street and Sarah Combs will do what they have to do. I expect Bradford to lose a couple during the regular season, however I believe Coach Eddings will have this team ready for a late post season run.

I agree with you in thinking that Lake Co has a great chance..maybe not this year but next year or the year after if nothing major happens..I believe I'd put Greenfield in the mix with those other single A teams.A bunch of blue collar workers that doesnt mind playing physical and are fundamentally sound.I wouldnt want to play them in a loser go home game..Another team could be Gleason.I havent heard much about them but they're always one of the premeir Single A teams and I believe they have most everyone back except one player..But I'm not sure if that's true.Just what I think..I believe Jenna Frazier is back..Going to be some great games this year.I'm looking forward to watching Gibson Co and Westview and Central play.Going to try my best to be there.Have you heard when the Martin playday will be.I usually go to those games and then later that night go to Dyersburg to watch the Lake Co teams.We usually play Dyer Co in the jamboree at Dyersburg but played Dyersburg last year.With us playing Dyersburg in a regular season game,I thought maybe we'd play Dyer Co..But I'm being told that Dyer Co wasnt going to play at Dyersburg this year in the jamboree..Heard that Dyer Co was going to play at Obion Central or somewhere else..Didnt know Obion Central had anything.I know Gibson Co use to..Do you know of anything?

GCPioneer,

Your comment is pretty good, but you left out a few. In single A, Greenfield is gonna make a lot of noise this year. They are senior and junior dominated, and they are very deep on the bench. Greenfield is gonna be a very, very good team. In fact, dont be surprised if they win 14A. I do think that Lake Co. is the team to beat, and Bradford is gonna be a very good team as well; but watch out for Greenfield.

Also, Gleason in 13A is gonna be very good this year. Frazier, Stout, and Edenfield will see to that.

In double A, you left out Obion Central. How can you leave out Obion Central with the Fussell girl? They will be very good, I'll guarantee you.

Mr. Bigster,

Great minds think alike!! :lol: I was typing at the same time that you were.

I guess they do..I know Greenfield has a lot of talent.Lake co won fairly handidly the first two games last year as far as I can remember but in the tournament the Jackets came in to Lake Co and had the Lady Falcons very very scared in a game that could have went yalls way..Jordan Gailey isnt very flashy but she is an athlete..And I like your other girl as well..seems like her name is Hailey..And I believe Porter is back..District 14A is going to have some excellent teams..And I'm really not meaning to leave out Humboldt.They have several good athletes..And Union City had 1 girl that I guess I'm the only one impressed with her..When Ward was out in the last part of the season and in the tournaments there was a girl that I thought was a good player..may have been a sophomore or a junior..I'm not sure..She had a good game against us.If she gets a couple girls go with her..they could be a pretty good team..

Those were teams that I thought would make it to the state tournaments. Don't get me wrong, there are several other great teams in West TN.

I'm going to change my pick in Single A. I'll take Bradford off of that list to make it to state and replace them with Middleton making it to the 'boro. Middleton is extremely athletic and well coached. They are exactly like Lake Co. except they don't have that star player like TT. They only lost one player off of last years team and really they were a better and quicker team without her on the floor.

Greenfield is going to be good. I watched them play in team camp this summer at Gibson Co. I'm just not sure they'll be able to knock of Lake Co. If I were an opposing team to Greenfield, I really wouldn't want to play them in a win or go home game. I also saw Greenfield's middle school girls the other night at Gibson Co. They're well coached and have some bright talent coming up.

In AA, I know all about Fussell and Obion Co. They return Fussell, Pate, and Macy Wright who are all 3 very good players. They lost a great player in Casey Eaves though. OC could upset some teams this year, but I believe Westview and GC will represent the west part of the state in AA in the 'boro. Fussell might be bringing home a Ms. Basketball trophy this year if she stays injury free.

I'm not sure if Central is having a jamboree this year or not. I know for a fact that Gibson Co. isn't have a play day or jambo. Westview has a playday on November 7th I believe. I'm heading down to Millington Saturday to watch their playday. It'll be mostly inner-city Memphis schools and then schools around Millington. I plan on checking out the Westview playday on the 7th and going to check out the Dyersburg jambo that night.