Division II

coulibaly

My Predictions for Division II this year:

1) McCallie- Always strong but this year I just think they have too much to be beaten.

2) Baylor- Another Chattanooga school that's always strong; if they get lucky they just might have a chance, but I'm goin' with McCallie.

3) M.B.A.- The Simpson boys and their 215(sorry, don't know his name) will be the strong points; the rest of their team is very solid but they don't have enough to win.

4)Father Ryan/ CBHS- both teams will be solid and each will have at least one state champion, but neither is spectacular.

6) Brentwood Academy- hard to believe but they just might compete some this year. Some pretty good wrestlers but not enough experience in the lower weights. New coach could help. :D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bringit09

Regardless of whether Father Ryan or MBA 215 pounders are there, Knox Catholic is in the running to take this weight class. Besides Knox Catholic beat Father Ryan last year in a 3rd place match. And Catholic never wrestled MBA during season or state tounement, but alot of people felt that Catholic could have won if he ever faced MBA. I also understand that this kid from catholic has only wrestled 2 years going into his 3rd. He also was suppost to wrestle 189 last year then bumped to 215 at last second giving up 26lbs. and still took 3rd. I think he will be a force to contined with. I also heard hes a solid 215lbs this year! We'll see though? Who knows what could happen!

[Edited by bringit09 on 10-1-02 10:26A]

[Edited by bringit09 on 10-1-02 10:27A]

Posted by bringit09:Regardless of whether Father Ryan or MBA 215 pounders are there, Knox Catholic is in the running to take this weight class. Besides Knox Catholic beat Father Ryan last year in a 3rd place match. And Catholic never wrestled MBA during season or state tounement, but alot of people felt that Catholic could have won if he ever faced MBA.

"alot of people felt...." Blah. What teams were these guys watching. Come on dude Knox Cath. should be glad that they got a place medal. Ian is a lot better than this guy.

Hey thats pretty funny considering he pinned the Baylor, CBHS, Brentwood Acd. 215 pounders. He lost to the Mccallie kid but never wrestled the MBA kid. Then he decisioned the Ryan kid by one point. He is so much more athletic than Thornhill. It will be close finals match but Springer will come out on top! Mabey you shouldn't talk about things your not knowlegdeable in! SO YOU ZIP IT....ZIIIIPPPPIIITTT!!!!

[Edited by topfootballfan6 on 10-2-02 1:28P]

hey knox catholic guy, the baylor 215 was pinned by the ba 215 and did not place, the cbhs 215 did not place, and the ba 215 only placed 6th. man it sure is a big accomplishment to beat those guys. turner held close matches to mostly everyone because he stalled, which was effective sometimes and others not. thornhill pinned the ba guy in the first period everytime they wrestled. thornhill and pennington were the only real contenders in that weight class. maybe you and the rest of your team should do their homework before they spout off at the mouth and look ignorant.

oh and you zip it

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Coyote8
Posted by coulibaly:

My Predictions for Division II this year:

1) McCallie- Always strong but this year I just think they have too much to be beaten.

2) Baylor- Another Chattanooga school that's always strong; if they get lucky they just might have a chance, but I'm goin' with McCallie.

3) M.B.A.- The Simpson boys and their 215(sorry, don't know his name) will be the strong points; the rest of their team is very solid but they don't have enough to win.

4)Father Ryan/ CBHS- both teams will be solid and each will have at least one state champion, but neither is spectacular.

6) Brentwood Academy- hard to believe but they just might compete some this year. Some pretty good wrestlers but not enough experience in the lower weights. New coach could help. :D

I think you're almost exactly right. McCallie has finally balanced talent and experience this year, and They'll be th powerhouse. I kinda think that Ryan and MBA will be alittle stronger than CB, but otherwise, good ranking