Super 32 results

HCWC

Cole Hayes - what a competitor, tough as nails, 6-2 record and was a match away losing to the eventual champ and 4th place guy both by a point. 130 lbs

Stuart Doster - Very consistant, great tournament, 6-2 135 lbs

Marvin Lopez - I believe he may have won or lost all his matches by a point, 5-2 130 lbs

Aaron Lopez - Freshman in a TOUGH tournament, 3-2 with two pins 135lbs

Austin Oliver - Another Freshman, 3-2 with one loss coming to eventual champ 103lbs

Brandon Brunner - Another Freshman, 2-2 103lbs

Tyler Toon - Guy is a beast, went I believe 3-2 beign a match away from placing. 215 lbs

Chase Martino- Chase is getting better every day and will get his state title, 1-2 160lbs

T.J. Duncan - Tough kid, just knows how to win, I am not sure his record something like 4-2 152lbs

Will Moreland - paying his dues, tough day but wrestled hard 0-2 171lbs

Haden Hamilton - Tough Freshman tough draw, 0-2 119 lbs

Trey Stravum - Great kid great wrestler tough draw losing to two Fargo AA's in close matches, 0-2

Not sure all the middle school records but Austin Stevinson at 85lbs placed 7th in a loaded weight class

I know CWC took plenty more so just add them.

Also another great showing by Michael Kennedy i know he was wrestling for 5th place, not sure what he finished.

Josh Bosken

Cleveland Wrestling

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle Tennessee Resluts:

Caleb Little: Lost his first match to the eventual runner up, tough day 1-2

Kevin Bratt: Hard nosed wrestler, came down to the wire every match, 1-2

Austin Hethcock: Tough draw, lost by 1 point both matches. 0-2

McCoy Newberg: Looked good early on, ran into two studs tho, 1-2

Eric Fuerbacher: 25 was probably the toughest bracket in the entire tourney, a couple of returning champs there, looked very strong despite though, 0-2

Mike Kennedy: Not quite sure on his final record, dominating people left and right, looked very solid, i think he finished the day 5-2 at 5th place

All in all, this was a very tough tourney, studs left and right.

More Super 32 Results

Levon Miller Jr Red Bank 2-2 @ 119 lbs

Won by default over Sr Ricky Jorge Conn

Lost to Soph Christian Olanoski Va 4th in state

Won 3-1 over Soph Austin Mobley Va

Loss Soph Joey Stoy Pa

Has improved lots with all the preseason hard work he has put in !

Logan Sharpe Soph Red Bank High 1-2 @ 140 lbs

Loss to Sr State placer CARRILLO-GARCIA (GA) 10-7

Won 9-2 over Soph Mikeal Loyd Ga

Loss to Sr Santonio Thompson NC

Kid that has worked hard in preseason and it showed !!

Madison Martin Soph Red Bank /CWC Member 2-2 @ 112 lbs

Lost to Jake Smith 2nd Va. 08 103 /5th @ Super 32 08 / 7th 09 @112

Won 2-1 over Sr State Placer Brian Cavey Maryland

Won 7-0 over Sr State Placer Kyle Tart NC

Lost 4-0 to Clay Moates Sr State Champ from Hoover Al.

More results:

Chattanooga area middle schoolers

Nick Boyett-Scottsboro/Chattanooga wrestling Club. 2nd place 136 lbs, lost 6-2 in finals. great tournament for a very hard working young man.

Blake Sutherland-Baylor/Chattanooga wrestling Club. 8th place 112 lbs, missed 7th,8th place match, lost to champion and overtime loss to 4th place finisher on controversial call. great effort after a long absence from the mat.

Josh Deckelman-baylor/chattanooga wrestling club incredibly tough draw, finished 2-2 with loss to champion and 7th place finisher

Chris Debien,Michael Murphy,Aaron Oliver,Jonathan Ragsdale, Tyler Hill all wrestled extremely hard and represented the Chattanooga area well. Overall I believe we were about .500 for the tournament and lost several heartbreakers and overtime matches that would have kept them alive. A great effort by all wrestlers from Cwc.

The consensus among College and High School Coaches attending Super 32 that I spoke with there the last couple of years is that this is tougher because its a day before weigh in and the kids are huge and don't have to make weight every day.Add in 128 man bracket done in one day... so that is tougher than spread out over several days. Fargo is very tough... I agree with you... but my bet is that you have never attended this tourney ...and haven't seen how big the guys are the next day after making weigh ins. You can wrestle 8 matches in a day and not even place here.

MANY guys that place at Fargo don't even place here.I would give you examples but dont want to call any wrestlers out by names.

Bottom line SUPER 32 is TOUGH...

:roflol:

The consensus among College and High School Coaches attending Super 32 that I spoke with there the last couple of years is that this is tougher because its a day before weigh in and the kids are huge and don't have to make weight every day.Add in 128 man bracket done in one day... so that is tougher than spread out over several days. Fargo is very tough... I agree with you... but my bet is that you have never attended this tourney ...and haven't seen how big the guys are the next day after making weigh ins. You can wrestle 8 matches in a day and not even place here.

MANY guys that place at Fargo don't even place here.I would give you examples but dont want to call any wrestlers out by names.

Bottom line SUPER 32 is TOUGH...

:roflol:

Sexynasinglet,

You are nuts if you or anyone you talk to considers the Super32 to be tougher than Fargo. Super32 is a very tough tournament for many of the reasons you specified however it isn't even typically considered a top 3 folkstyle tournament, let alone as tough as Fargo. Typically your number 1 and 2 folkstyle events are considered to be The Ironman and The Beast of the East. After that you get a little flexibility with events like RToC, Powerade, 5 Counties, Cheesehead, Walsh Ironman, Dvorak, Toshiba Midwest Classic / Kansas City Invitational, etc. Super 32 fits best in with that last group and will be up and down depending on the year. The key thing to remember is that all of these are major, national level in-season tournaments and Super 32 is a pre-season tournament... just different levels of importance. You will get better by wrestling at any of them.

Now anyone can come up with examples of a Fargo placer who didn't place at Super 32 or vice versa. Look at 130, the Super 32 champion Frank Cagnina did not place at Fargo at 130 freestyle, and one of his loses was to another wrestler who didn't place. Plain and simple, Fargo has more depth than the Super 32. You may not wrestle as many matches in a single day, but the tournament is tougher. Most Fargo placers are wrestling 9-11 matches over a 2 day period. Many would argue the fact that you have to make weight both days makes that tournament even more draining. Super32's format rewards a big weight cut which is something wrestling as a whole needs to move away from.

Yes I am nuts Ghouse ...lots of people will agree with you on that. Just like your opinion;I have one as well and I shared mine and some others as well. I compared the 2 tourneys... and I also agree with those other tourneys being tough if not tougher than these 2. Olympic style wrestling and Folkstyle wrestling are not the same and often wrestlers at one of these styles dont always excel at both styles ...How many triple Crown Winners are there every year?

Thanks for your input ...sorry that you felt so passionate about your opinion to go on the attack.

Good Luck too all West Tn guys as we get into the season and thanks for all of your hard work to make Tn wrestling better.

I have not had time to talk to Mr. Kennedy myself. But it looks like Michael was the only High School wrestler to medal in the Super32. Is that correct??? I am very proud of all the Tennessee High School wrestlers that competed , but there is only 2 lines talking about Michael and he placed. The internet says he made it to the semis and scored takedown and had him on his back, before losing. And that kid won last year and this year. Michael is the Rodney Dangerfield of wrestling.

GREAT JOB MICHAEL!!!!!!!!