whats wrong with haywood

big_mike0307

i was at the westview game this past fri. night and i was wondering if anyone could explain haywoods coaching decisions. it was a great game the game went to ot and westview scored on the first play and hits the extra point. haywood gets the ball scores on 1st paly as well the kicker had already missed 2 or 3 extra points so they line up for a 2 point play and westview calls a timeout.westview had not stoped haywoods running game all night but the coach sends out the kicker and they dont even get the kick off it was about to b blocked so the holder throws a pass that ends in a int. my question is why didnt they go ahead with the 2 point play

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at this game as well and will go on and say that Haywood, ya'll are some men. Def one of the best team that Westview has played this year. Team reminds me alot of Memphis Tresvant.

Haywood as the same problem that Tresvant has however, and that is that football is a secondary sport and the coaching isn't what it should be at all. Had haywood had westviews coaching staff then the game would have been a mercy rule before the half and i truely believe that.

Hang in there, ya'll ALWAYS have the players, sooner or later a good coach will come around and fix the aliments that are there. you guys arent the only team with that problem

I was at the game also, though on the other side, and have been wondering the same thing. If #5 could score up the middle ten yards out, why wouldn't the coach go for it when only 2 yards out? BTW, I was very impressed with Haywood.

yea haywood played one of there best games all year thats why some of the players left and didnt shake hands because it was such a hard loss which i dont agree with at all and again that comes back to coaching the kids from what i have heard have no respect for the coaches. at the end of the game when haywood players were throwing there helments down and walking off the field without shaking hands i heard the head coach saying you cant do that. im a haywood fan but in my perspective the young men who throw there helments should sit out next game but it wont happen because the coaching staff has not instilled discipline in these young men.

I was at this game as well and will go on and say that Haywood, ya'll are some men. Def one of the best team that Westview has played this year. Team reminds me alot of Memphis Tresvant.

Haywood as the same problem that Tresvant has however, and that is that football is a secondary sport and the coaching isn't what it should be at all. Had haywood had westviews coaching staff then the game would have been a mercy rule before the half and i truely believe that.

Hang in there, ya'll ALWAYS have the players, sooner or later a good coach will come around and fix the aliments that are there. you guys arent the only team with that problem

yea with some good coaching adjustments they could have stoped the fullback dive

on westview's last drive of the 4th quarter when they called timeout and came back and lined up in a 4 wide set with #9 in the backfield i was yelling watch the dive. 22 yards later after the dive td westview. i buy all means am not a coach but if i can tell that from the stands why didnt the coaches make adjustments. i think westview is a great team but talent wise haywood was head over hills better

good luck to the chargers the rest of the way :roflol:

I am sure Haywood was having a flash back of the game the week b4 when they lost to Ripley with a couple minutes left by 1 point. They went 4 two and did not get it therefore they lost by 1 point. This is tough call to make as coach!!! Who knows what is the right call to make. If you make the two point conversion you win and you are the HERO and if you dont then everybody says you should have kicked the extra point. This was a great game to watch and my hat is off to both teams. The luck will fall Haywoods way if they keep playing like they have played the last couple of weeks. This team is headed in the right direction.

I am sure Haywood was having a flash back of the game the week b4 when they lost to Ripley with a couple minutes left by 1 point. They went 4 two and did not get it therefore they lost by 1 point. This is tough call to make as coach!!! Who knows what is the right call to make. If you make the two point conversion you win and you are the HERO and if you dont then everybody says you should have kicked the extra point. This was a great game to watch and my hat is off to both teams. The luck will fall Haywoods way if they keep playing like they have played the last couple of weeks. This team is headed in the right direction.

i agree with what your saying but ripley d was stoping haywood neither d had much luck last fri

I'm a long time Haywood supporter, Former player and Captain of the team. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Haywood or it's Head Coach. People expect a complete turn around in just one year, if it happens, Great!! if it don't, that's the process. On the issue of discipline, you must understand some of the bad weeds from last years team is still there. You must give the coach time to implement his system and philosophy, usually it don't happen over night. Haywood County is not a very patient county when it comes to Football, just look at their Junior High Program (for those of you that are familiar), a group of volunteer coaches came in and turned a team around that haven't had a winning season in 4 yrs to a winning program and the Head Coach was let go because he didn't win a Championship in his first year. It's not the coaches or programs of Haywood it starts in the stands with people that are only in it for their kids and "good ole boy" ways of doing things. It filters into the program.

I'm a long time Haywood supporter, Former player and Captain of the team. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Haywood or it's Head Coach. People expect a complete turn around in just one year, if it happens, Great!! if it don't, that's the process. On the issue of discipline, you must understand some of the bad weeds from last years team is still there. You must give the coach time to implement his system and philosophy, usually it don't happen over night. Haywood County is not a very patient county when it comes to Football, just look at their Junior High Program (for those of you that are familiar), a group of volunteer coaches came in and turned a team around that haven't had a winning season in 4 yrs to a winning program and the Head Coach was let go because he didn't win a Championship in his first year. It's not the coaches or programs of Haywood it starts in the stands with people that are only in it for their kids and "good ole boy" ways of doing things. It filters into the program.

i know if u would have benn coaching you would have stoped the dive play coach you in my opinion you are the BEST COACH IN HAYWOOD COUNTY everyone i know that has played for you are kids have played for you have had nothing but good to say about you

Thanks Mike for the compliment. Let's hope Haywood can erase the past tonight with a victory over Dyersburg and former Head Coach, Bart Stowe. Do you know or not if they win, should they be in the playoffs or will we still have to wait on Saturday morning and the "Z" plan to take effect?

Thanks Mike for the compliment. Let's hope Haywood can erase the past tonight with a victory over Dyersburg and former Head Coach, Bart Stowe. Do you know or not if they win, should they be in the playoffs or will we still have to wait on Saturday morning and the "Z" plan to take effect?

Rodney, best I can tell is if Haywood wins they are 100% in due to being in the top half of 4A teams in the district (3-3 while Ripley and Dburg 2-4) due to Obion beating Ripley last night.

If Dburg beats Haywood those 2 plus Ripley would be 2-4 in region, 4-6 overall. And they all went 1-1 against the other two, however the Ripley-Dburg game was non-region, so dont know how that will impact the tiebreakers. That could get messy.

Rodney, best I can tell is if Haywood wins they are 100% in due to being in the top half of 4A teams in the district (3-3 while Ripley and Dburg 2-4) due to Obion beating Ripley last night.

If Dburg beats Haywood those 2 plus Ripley would be 2-4 in region, 4-6 overall. And they all went 1-1 against the other two, however the Ripley-Dburg game was non-region, so dont know how that will impact the tiebreakers. That could get messy.

Sorry, let me correct myself. If Dburg wins they will be 5-5 overall but they'd all still be tied in region. I guess in that scenario Dburg would be in since they would have beaten both teams head to head and have the better overall record. I may be going out on a limb, but I think this game is a "winner in, loser out" game.