Collierville Head Coaching Job

God1Football2

Now that Paul Cox decided to step down at the end of this year, who will be the coach in waiting??? I know that they will probably hire in house, but I wish they would give an African American a chance for that job!!! I know a lot of coaches who would probably go insane for that job. For instance, Coach Sutton at Kingsbury(University of Memphis ex-player) is a good coach that has a very calm demeanor. Coach Slocumb at Fairley has changed that program to a household name. He is very demanding and believes in discipline. Coach Crutchfield (University of Memphis ex-player)who is now an assistant at Wooddale who has helped that program do a 360 degree turn overnight. Glen Rogers assistant at MUS(University of Memphis ex-player) he has been over there for a long time, and they have won several state championships. Collierville booster club open your eyes to the 21st century. :thumb:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Paul Cox decided to step down at the end of this year, who will be the coach in waiting???

I know that they will probably hire in house, but I wish they would give an African American a chance for that job!!! I know a lot of coaches who would probably go insane for that job.

For instance, Coach Sutton at Kingsbury(University of Memphis ex-player) is a good coach that has a very calm demeanor. Coach Slocumb at Fairley has changed that program to a household name. He is very demanding and believes in discipline. Coach Crutchfield (University of Memphis ex-player)who is now an assistant at Wooddale who has helped that program do a 360 degree turn overnight. Glen Rogers assistant at MUS(University of Memphis ex-player) he has been over there for a long time, and they have won several state championships. Collierville booster club open your eyes to the 21st century. :thumb:

My friend,

I grew up in the Southern town of Collierville. My parents, many relatives and friends still live there. I am acutely aware of Collierville's "mood," for better or worse. So, trust me when I tell you -- your wish ain't about to happen, not in a million years!

Unfortunate, but true.

No details. Please use your imagination.

-------------------------------------------

Personally, I don't give a rat's-behind about the race of Collierville's new Head Coach. He can be green and from the planet Mars, as far as I'm concerned! I'm just eager to see some "new blood" get that job, not some old re-tread Coach or one of Coach Cox' Assistants. I want to see an intelligent, aggressive young Coach with new ideas, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, creativity and good moral and ethical values....

If one of the Coaches that you mentioned fits the above criteria, then I say--HIRE THAT MAN TODAY!!! :D

It will not happen, though. You can take that to the bank.....unfortunately.

It'll happen just as quickly as the Memphis City Schools hire a white football coach. It just ain't gonna be a happening!

I suspect that you are correct, Visionaire.

Sad, but true.....again.

Bottom line: Both situations are an awfully sad commentary about the state of race relations in these school systems.

Now that Paul Cox decided to step down at the end of this year, who will be the coach in waiting??? I know that they will probably hire in house, but I wish they would give an African American a chance for that job!!! I know a lot of coaches who would probably go insane for that job. For instance, Coach Sutton at Kingsbury(University of Memphis ex-player) is a good coach that has a very calm demeanor. Coach Slocumb at Fairley has changed that program to a household name. He is very demanding and believes in discipline. Coach Crutchfield (University of Memphis ex-player)who is now an assistant at Wooddale who has helped that program do a 360 degree turn overnight. Glen Rogers assistant at MUS(University of Memphis ex-player) he has been over there for a long time, and they have won several state championships. Collierville booster club open your eyes to the 21st century. :lol:

Duron Sutton isn't the head coach at Kingsbury anymore. He is currently the Defensive Coordinator for the Craigmont Cheifs.

Go Trojans!

Duron Sutton isn't the head coach at Kingsbury anymore. He is currently the Defensive Coordinator for the Craigmont Cheifs.

Go Trojans!

I'm pretty sure that's not right. He may be on staff there, but I think Dodson is the DC.

Thanks for the correction guys... I can't beleive that Sutton isn't a head coach somewhere. He is a heck of a coach. Look what he did with the Kingsbury program.

It'll happen just as quickly as the Memphis City Schools hire a white football coach. It just ain't gonna be a happening!

Sad, but true.....again.

Bottom line: Both situations are an awfully sad commentary about the state of race relations in these school systems.

I would venture to say that the same can be said in middle and east tn.

Sad, but true.....again.

I would venture to say that the same can be said in middle and east tn.

Wrong because Oak Ridge had a black coach but he could not cut it as a Head Coach and was given every opportunity to do so.

Another Prime example is Hillsboro this year in Metro Nashville of a Black coach given a team that has historically had a white coach and has done NOTHING this year with a team that WON the Gold Ball last year.

So much for saying it is the same in middle and east Tn.

I do not care what 'color' a coach is as long as his main color is WINNING and he does the most he can to help his players get ahead in life and school.