Montgomery Central @ Waverly Date Change

As weird as it sounds with a win in this one Waverly Central still has an outside shot at making the TSSAA State Playoffs at 4-6. I am sure that their seniors will fight hard. Bercik, Fuller, & Vogel are all very good players who are playmakers on offense. McLeod is a young one but he is a fun player to watch at the QB position. It will be interesting to see what the Tigers do with Hale next year when he is healthy enough to return to the field. I personally would expect for him to take over at the RB position because McLeod is a very good player at the QB position who is going to start there for the next 2 years (2010 & 2011).

Very complicated but possible for WCHS to keep playing. I'll let someone with more knowledge on the subject than me explain it.

What a fantastic game last night. Considering some of the "behind the scenes" stories with some of the young people I am ready to label it the best HS football game I have ever seen. Congratulations to the team for finishing the regular season with a win. Thank you to the coaches as well. We are BLESSED to have the coaching staff that we do. These guys do so much more than teach football. I can't say enough about what they do and how they conduct themselves off the field.

Tigers have an outside shot at playoffs as a wild card. It is a long shot. But I'm really proud of the Tigers the last couple of weeks. Defense has played lights out. The Tigers have only allowed 6 pts in the last two games. Gave up 78 yds on the first drive to Montgomery Central but only allowed 102 the rest of the way including 21 total yards in second half. A lot of young players really coming on.

What a fitting finish for Alex Shumake to hit the quarterback with a sack to finish the Indians off last night. Enjoyed watching Alex "the freak" Shumake all year. Great kid.

also thanks coaches, you did a great job overcoming a lot of adversity by getting hit with two major injuries early and a lot of youth. Trey Graves and his staff do a great job.