1A - Quad 2

CoffeeBreak

Well from some sources we have heard Quad #2 could look exactly like you have, but another option they are looking at is S. Pitt, Lookout, Eagleville, Wayne County, Perry County, and Collinwood.

Quad #3 would be Jo Byrns, McEwen, Gordonsville, Clay, Montery, MTC.

Would Perry Co still be in there even though they got beat tonight? Or would Cornersville take their place? I'm so confused...

Cornersville lost to Mt pleasant which counts as a region game too dont it? That gives them

three losses as opposed to PC's two??? This new system makes no sense to anyone although

I like the region, it seems well suited to limit the long road trips

But since MtP is 2A, I don't think any time a 1A team plays them it should affect their playoff chances.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornersville lost to Mt pleasant which counts as a region game too dont it? That gives them

three losses as opposed to PC's two??? This new system makes no sense to anyone although

But since MtP is 2A, I don't think any time a 1A team plays them it should affect their playoff chances.

but I think it does...on the plus side, if Mt Pleasant had beat Collinwood and Waynesboro this

year it would have had no bearing on the 1a playoff seeding for the wayne co teams

just like them losing to Collinwood and Waynesboro and Pc had no bearing on Mt plesant

getting a high 2a seed...funky

system fer real but it kinda makes sense if your a little drunk

to be honest I have no idea what im talking about...I do think Cville deserves a shot after

the big win tonight, they really fought their guts out and looked good out there

Would Perry Co still be in there even though they got beat tonight? Or would Cornersville take their place? I'm so confused...

Here is how it looks to me...

Cornersville beats PC and has a district record of 4-3. PC has a district record of 5-2. If WC beats Collinwood then the district finished WC, PC (because they own head-to-head tie-breaker vs. Collinwood), Collinwood, Cornersville.

If Collinwood beats WC then the district finishes Collinwood (6-1), WC (6-1), PC (5-2).

Cornersville's win moves them up on the wildcard list and could give them the last wildcard spot depending on what happens in other games. It makes them a 5 win team with 1 win over an opponent winning 50% or more of their games. I think they need sunbright to lose to Wartburg Central and Copper Basin to lose to Boyd Buchanan.

That is how I read it.

Well from some sources we have heard Quad #2 could look exactly like you have, but another option they are looking at is S. Pitt, Lookout, Eagleville, Wayne County, Perry County, and Collinwood.

Quad #3 would be Jo Byrns, McEwen, Gordonsville, Clay, Montery, MTC.

That would all but guarantee JB a spot in the semi-finals...not sure how good Gordonsville is though.

Says the guy from the team that only beat MTCS by 8 at home last year. Do not think anything is guaranteed big guy.

but I think it does...on the plus side, if Mt Pleasant had beat Collinwood and Waynesboro this

year it would have had no bearing on the 1a playoff seeding for the wayne co teams

just like them losing to Collinwood and Waynesboro and Pc had no bearing on Mt plesant

getting a high 2a seed...funky

system fer real but it kinda makes sense if your a little drunk

to be honest I have no idea what im talking about...I do think Cville deserves a shot after

the big win tonight, they really fought their guts out and looked good out there

The, kinda makes a sense if your a little drunk, MAN I think the ones that changed the system to this crap was alot drunk!!!!!!!! One more day and we will a see how it comes out. I think its crazy for a 2a team to even have a part in decideing how a 1a team (that has played them) ends up in the playoffs, and then again i might not even know what im talking about. I do like playing the bigger schools because i think it helps the boys see a bigger picture and helps them on the field. Who knows it want be long till we all find out. :blink:

Last night's Cornersville win over Perry County and Wartburg's win over Sunbright changes things up a little bit for the wildcard picture. I think the wildcards now will be: Lookout Valley, Gleason, Lake County, Collinwood, Monterey, Cornersville and Sunbright. Copper Basin is a 5 win team (like Cornersville) but the Cornersville win over PC gives them a win over a team winning 50% or more of their games (next tie-breaker after overall victories).

If that is true, then the quads change as well. Perhaps moving Monterey or Lookout Valley to Quad 1. Also, it could move Eagleville and MTCS into the same Quad if they do an East-West split in Middle TN.

More games tonight could make changes to the wildcard teams and the make-up of the quads.

It looks like this Quad is going to include: South Pitt, MTCS, Eagleville, Gordonsville, Lookout Valley and Monterey.

It looks like South Pitt and MTCS get the byes, but how does MTCS get a bye over Gordonsville.

And how is Clay Co. not in the playoffs. They finished second out of the 1A teams in our region.