Grundy County at Goodpasture (1st Round of playoffs)

GOODPASTURE

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to GC but Goodpasture should take this one. I have a little conspiracy theory for the GP fans to chew. I think GP is going to really open up the passing game this post season. When you think Goodpasture you think run, run, run. I'm sure they will, but I think they have not shown their entire passing attack in the last few games, to set teams up. This staff has shown more willingness to try different things, such as changing defences against Lipscomb. DL thought they knew what GP would do, and GP totally caught them off guard. I think the same is going to happen in the playoffs. Teams are expecting GP to run the ball down their throats, but I think they are going to try to open it up. I don't think they have the speed to get to the edge or pound the middle against Pearl, Milan, ect. Just a thought.

No disrespect to GC but Goodpasture should take this one. I have a little conspiracy theory for the GP fans to chew. I think GP is going to really open up the passing game this post season. When you think Goodpasture you think run, run, run. I'm sure they will, but I think they have not shown their entire passing attack in the last few games, to set teams up. This staff has shown more willingness to try different things, such as changing defences against Lipscomb. DL thought they knew what GP would do, and GP totally caught them off guard. I think the same is going to happen in the playoffs. Teams are expecting GP to run the ball down their throats, but I think they are going to try to open it up. I don't think they have the speed to get to the edge or pound the middle against Pearl, Milan, ect. Just a thought.

Goodpasture does have alot of team speed. They just have not been able to do anything with it the last couple of weeks due to the playing conditions. Look at last night for an example. I do think that Goodpasture has a very nice combination of size and speed. They have not had to pass much because of there power running game, but dont worry, they will pass. I do agree that there are a couple of athletes that have speed that they could be using more. I just think Coach Martin and his staff are setting something up. I do know that they wont put someting on tape if they do not have to. What about Grundy County? What type of offense and defense do they run?