Tentative AAU Tournament schedule

DoctorEvil

Michael,

We attended the afternoon session also and I left with the same impressions as yourself. This was the second teamgeorgia tourny we've tried having gone 2 weeks earlier. They're obviously using these tournys as training sessions for new officials which is good. My complaint besides the unreasonable amount of dead mat time is the lack of matches. Both weekends my son was placed in a 4 man bracket, yet they didn't do round robin format. Only 2 matches each weekend. There appeared to be enough wrestlers there where you should have been able to group in a 6 man bracket round robin and provided each wrestler 5 matches. Can't say that its worth the time or the money for what you get. Is your experience similiar and are you going to attend any others?

Tim Manley

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the state aau tournament will be held at Roane State Community College, march 15-16 2003. any aau card holder is welcome to sign-up for this tournament. also, for you usa wrestlers, you can purchase an aau card at the tournament site to be able to wrestle. last year we had over 600 wrestlers and are planning for more this year. hope to see you there.

i have been told by daryl l. from south eastern aau that roane state will still be the location and that the tournament date wouldn't change from the original date. an attempt was made to change the date with roane state, but they couldn't due to prior agreements with another organization. sorry, silverbullet. you must be from future champions? were you the gentleman that was at our meeting at seymour?

i believe that the changes that were discussed at that meeting will take place next year. these changes could have been made this year if the discussion about the change had of been during our summer meeting. at this point, the change would hurt the hosting organization, as far as funds, too badly. i am all for other organizations participating in the aau state tournament, but i feel strongly about there being a pre-qualification of a wrestler having to compete in at least one aau tournament prior to the state tournament. i'm sure many do not agree with this, but, as a coach myself, i have to look out for my wrestlers.

The site of the AAU State Tourney will be Roane State Community College. Currently our TNAAUWRESTLING web site is under construction. This site will allow anyone to check out our schedule of events, tournament contact names/numbers, and dates of our camp next June. Our site will also allow anyone to register for AAU on line.

It should be up and running within the next 2-3 weeks.

Lauderdale

Tim, we are taking this weekend off. I am crisp around the edges. The brackets last week was so bad they gave my money back (they said we had no one to wrestle). I wanted to see

some wrestling and I soon spotted kids we wrestled the week before. After talking with 5 people and being told no by four of them it was discovered my wrestler was put in the wrong class and the class closed. The USA offical came to me and said a error was made, this was while as they called out the first place winner over the P.A. system. I was not a happy camper. My son did get to wrestle, two matches, 6 hours after we got there. Was this fair to any of the wrestlers in his class? My son was upset, the people he wrestled had all ready done there best and one kid said he had his metal and was done.

Michael Morelan

P.S. round robin is the only way to wrestle 5 or less.

[Edited by morelanmn on 11-6-02 8:04A]

[Edited by morelanmn on 11-6-02 8:42A]