Chatt Central at Greeneville Round 1

DevilMan03

LoL...I'm not trying to be a downer but it's just the feeling I got while watching the game, especially in the beginning. I would say 30-40% of the home stands were empty at the start of the first quarter. It translates onto the field; the players feed off of the energy of the crowd. But after a few big hits by our defense (in particular a Mr.Quarles and 44, sorry bud don't know your name but keep flyin around to the ball) the greene devils created their own energy. Good job Defense, I called you out and you showed me up...thank you. Spradlin showed great heart on his big touchdown run, he basiclly willed his way into the endzone; great effort by that kid. Barb you're right, Burley was electric the night of the SG game and it was awesome. But do you think that last Friday even compared to that night? It's the playoffs folks, have some PRIDE!

As for the cannon, I have never got to see it in person but have heard it over the radio, and I think it's a pretty cool idea. Maybe we can build a blowtorch out of a propane tank that spits massive flames into the air since we're the devis :thumb: ! I've seen it done before, and think it would be a crowd pleaser.

Maybe T$$AA could come up with a few more regulations. I think there might be a loophole left out there where a team could possibly do something fun and creative :huh: . Congrats guys...glad to see it's still about the kids. How bout the schools start instituting their own rule where we keep OUR gate money from playoff games until they fix a flawed system. The Z Plan? Really? Obviously plans A-Y didn't work very well either; makes me lose nearly all confidence in any decision left to the "powers that be".

I think the 7:00 start had people showing up late....I have not seen a specific rule for the play-offs that would pertain to the cannon...maybe someone could help me out. Would the rule apply say to Cherokee and their little horse or Boone's fireworks? Could be a liability issue. It was uber-cool though.... I like your blow torch idea...maybe a cool name for our field. Burley stadium is bordered by a funeral home and a cemetary...surely we could call the field some cool nick-name...like Purgatory or something.On a high note, its good to see the student section show some spirit... :lol:

K. No explosive devices shall be allowed in regular season or play-off games.

This comes from http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

So if we fire it from the adjacent cementary or parking lot we shoud be ok

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of where it is fired from I think it should be aimed directly at T$$AA headquarters :hungry: .

I had forgot about the early kickoff...I bet you're right. And the student section is starting to get it's "swagger" back. (atleast I think that is what the kids are callin it these days...haha) But seriously, whatever we call the field I think we should have t-shirts made that say [Friday night lights-Greene Devil style] on the front, with an arial photo of the stadium on the back that says [between a rock and a tombstone] :thumb: . What do you guys think? LoL

I was there from the beginning to the end of the game, the GHS team showed they came out to play; although they tend to start off a little slow but they definitely came around. #44 I believe is Mr Craney, I cant remember at this point but he reminds me of Tyler Stewart from last years team, he kept his eye on the ball really well too! As far as the home stands not being full, I truly do not think most people realize these playoff games start at 7 NOT 730 like the regular season games! I really hope alot more people will be there to see this weeks game because I think it's gonna be a good one!!! (One more thing, CONGRATS to Wes and Rob for making the players of the week~sorry for being so late on this!) :hungry:

Regardless of where it is fired from I think it should be aimed directly at T$$AA headquarters :hungry: .

I had forgot about the early kickoff...I bet you're right. And the student section is starting to get it's swagger back. (atleast I think that is what the kids are callin it these days...haha) But seriously, whatever we call the field I think we should have t-shirts made that say "Friday night lights-Greene Devil style" on the front, with an arial photo of the stadium on the back that says "between a rock and a tombstone" :thumb: . What do you guys think? LoL

I think a new school should have been built which would have given them the chance to add on.

Jordan is playing baseball for Walters State and is going to undergo shoulder surgery unfortunately. Trevon is currently rehabing from knee surgery while attending Pellisipi State with intentions of walking-on with the newly rebuilt Universtiy of Tennessee football team :hungry: . How bout them Vols! Crompton is finally earning his scholarship and our D is nasty.

I had forgot about the early kickoff...I bet you're right. And the student section is starting to get it's "swagger" back. (atleast I think that is what the kids are callin it these days...haha) But seriously, whatever we call the field I think we should have t-shirts made that say [Friday night lights-Greene Devil style] on the front, with an arial photo of the stadium on the back that says [between a rock and a tombstone] :thumb: . What do you guys think? LoL

You should slap a trademark on that shirt an sell them! They would sell like crazy!

As for the cannon, I have never got to see it in person but have heard it over the radio, and I think it's a pretty cool idea. Maybe we can build a blowtorch out of a propane tank that spits massive flames into the air since we're the devis :D ! I've seen it done before, and think it would be a crowd pleaser.

Maybe T$$AA could come up with a few more regulations. I think there might be a loophole left out there where a team could possibly do something fun and creative :thumb: . Congrats guys...glad to see it's still about the kids. How bout the schools start instituting their own rule where we keep OUR gate money from playoff games until they fix a flawed system. The Z Plan? Really? Obviously plans A-Y didn't work very well either; makes me lose nearly all confidence in any decision left to the "powers that be".

I think the 7:00 start had people showing up late....I have not seen a specific rule for the play-offs that would pertain to the cannon...maybe someone could help me out. Would the rule apply say to Cherokee and their little horse or Boone's fireworks? Could be a liability issue. It was uber-cool though.... I like your blow torch idea...maybe a cool name for our field. Burley stadium is bordered by a funeral home and a cemetary...surely we could call the field some cool nick-name...like Purgatory or something.On a high note, its good to see the student section show some spirit... :thumb:

As a matter of clarification, the cannon, I believe fires a blank cartridge that's filled with gunpowder. Gunpowder burns rapidly, and thus there is no explosion involved. The rapidly expanding hot gases mixing with the much cooler air is what makes the "boom"; therefore; the use of the cannon does not violate the t$$aa regulations.

The cannon is a memorial to a much missed friend of GHS. As long as we sit back and take crap from those (t$$aa) that know nothing about us, or honor in general, then we will continue to travel down the road of submission. As such, our coaches and school staff, and every citizen of Greeneville, should tell t$$aa to kiss off.

Now let's fire that cannon !!!!!!

GO GREENE !!!!

As for the cannon, I have never got to see it in person but have heard it over the radio, and I think it's a pretty cool idea. Maybe we can build a blowtorch out of a propane tank that spits massive flames into the air since we're the devis :hungry: ! I've seen it done before, and think it would be a crowd pleaser.

Maybe T$$AA could come up with a few more regulations. I think there might be a loophole left out there where a team could possibly do something fun and creative :roll: . Congrats guys...glad to see it's still about the kids. How bout the schools start instituting their own rule where we keep OUR gate money from playoff games until they fix a flawed system. The Z Plan? Really? Obviously plans A-Y didn't work very well either; makes me lose nearly all confidence in any decision left to the "powers that be".

I think the 7:00 start had people showing up late....I have not seen a specific rule for the play-offs that would pertain to the cannon...maybe someone could help me out. Would the rule apply say to Cherokee and their little horse or Boone's fireworks? Could be a liability issue. It was uber-cool though.... I like your blow torch idea...maybe a cool name for our field. Burley stadium is bordered by a funeral home and a cemetary...surely we could call the field some cool nick-name...like Purgatory or something.On a high note, its good to see the student section show some spirit... :popcorneater:

As a matter of clarification, the cannon, I believe fires a blank cartridge that's filled with gunpowder. Gunpowder burns rapidly, and thus there is no explosion involved. The rapidly expanding hot gases mixing with the much cooler air is what makes the "boom"; therefore; the use of the cannon does not violate the t$$aa regulations.

The cannon is a memorial to a much missed friend of GHS. As long as we sit back and take crap from those (t$$aa) that know nothing about us, or honor in general, then we will continue to travel down the road of submission. As such, our coaches and school staff, and every citizen of Greeneville, should tell t$$aa to kiss off.

Now let's fire that cannon !!!!!!

GO GREENE !!!![/quote

The cannon is in the shop.... It was having issues.... So we will see it again just maybe not until next season!!!