5a playoffs as listed on tssaa, thoughts comments

Darrian61

Didn't think Springfield and Henry County could meet in the 1st rd due to them being in the same district....

They confirmed it. Said that since there are 5 teams from 10AAA that it couldn't be helped. So the pairing stands...

Yea, regulations stated all along...

"The teams within each quadrant are placed in the bracket so that teams from the same district will not play each other in the first round. The only exception would be when 5 or more teams from the same district qualify for the play-offs and all 5 teams are in the same geographic quadrant."

I'm just glad to see that I was (hopefully) right all along (no disrespect) in asking why would Henry Co. be subject to the long distance of being lumped into the Memphis "quad" when we are closer to the Clarksville/Nashville group. Thankfully, the TSSAA agreed! I'm looking forward to playing someone else for a change (although we have to "go thru" Springfield - will be a good game as Springfield will be hungry!). :blush:

BTW, Henry Co. is 9-1, not 7-3 as the bracket has us.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand in Quad 2 and 3 the #4 and 6 teams playing and the #3 and 5 teams playing. Are the matchups correct and the seeds wrong? Or will these matchups be changed? In Quad 3 I think Gallatin is the 5 and Hendersonville is the 6 maybe? Shouldn't Hillsboro be playing Glencliff and White Co be playing Anderson Co in Quad 2?

Looking at the Quads, quad 1 is really tough. 4 teams in AP top 10 and Catholic, defending state champ. Quad 2 is a joke, as is quad4. Cake walks for top 2 seeds in each to the third round. Henry Co. May have to play 3 rematches to get to round 4. TSSAA really screwed the pooch with this crap.

Don't get me started about Quad 1 in 6A. Ooltewah a 4 seed. Come on man!

Looking at the Quads, quad 1 is really tough. 4 teams in AP top 10 and Catholic, defending state champ. Quad 2 is a joke, as is quad4. Cake walks for top 2 seeds in each to the third round. Henry Co. May have to play 3 rematches to get to round 4. TSSAA really screwed the pooch with this crap.

Don't get me started about Quad 1 in 6A. Ooltewah a 4 seed. Come on man!

Tell me about it and Oakland is #6 seed and #5 in TN

Well it's finally over, now we see how this master play-off plan works. It is rediculous in all classifications. It did not solve the travel situation which is what it was supppose to do (Tyner going to Alcoa, Farragut to Ooltewah) and 1 and 9, 3 and 7 teams got in and what about all the privates getting in and them doing their own brackets. All the football states around us are probably laughing the tails of at us also. Selection Saturday was great but the same problems are there. There is a better way but this first time with this system sure shows alot of flaws.

Well it's finally over, now we see how this master play-off plan works. It is rediculous in all classifications. It did not solve the travel situation which is what it was supppose to do (Tyner going to Alcoa, Farragut to Ooltewah) and 1 and 9, 3 and 7 teams got in and what about all the privates getting in and them doing their own brackets. All the football states around us are probably laughing the tails of at us also. Selection Saturday was great but the same problems are there. There is a better way but this first time with this system sure shows alot of flaws.

As much as we have bashed the system, I think it will work very well with some tweaking of the criteria. It's better than the one Alabama had about 10 years ago, when a team actually had to lose in week 10 to make the playoffs. If I remember that one correctly, there was a 3 way tie, all teams played outside their district the next week, if the team lost, their opponent would have won half their games which would have bumped them ahead in the tiebreaker. Either that or opponents overall wins would have gone up and their opponents would have stayed the same since they lost and played both the other 2 teams. Can you imagine that one!