Farragut vs Ooltewah

Minethatbird

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad one of these teams will be going home after the 1st round. You have teams in this thing with a 1-9 record =How crazy is that. Two former #1s facing each other 1st round. :)

Then youhave Oakland and MtJuliet against each other 1st round. TSSAA has to do better than this.

You have a lot of the top teams facing each other the 1st week.

T$$AA screws up again :thumb:

Good luck Admirals.

Both Teams deserve a better draw than this.[/quo

Agreed!

I believe this will be revisited by TSSAA multiple times in the off season!

I could see the Owls facing OR and Farragut vs Mcminn then the teams facing each other.

Again who ever comes out of that top bracket will beone heck of a team. :ph34r:

We are going to be loud and proud on Friday night. Let's wear red all week. Hoping Bearden upsets Sevier and if we pull the W we will bet Bearden at home. Weather forcast for the week clear and cool with no rain all week so the field should be in it's best condition since August. Have a safe trip down Ads fans and remember that play off football kicks off at 7:00 not 7:30 or it used to. Who knows with the way T$$AA screws around with everything.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Owls

Sad one of these teams will be going home after the 1st round. You have teams in this thing with a 1-9 record =How crazy is that. Two former #1s facing each other 1st round. :thumb:

Then youhave Oakland and MtJuliet against each other 1st round. TSSAA has to do better than this.

You have a lot of the top teams facing each other the 1st week.

T$$AA screws up again :thumb:

Good luck Admirals.

Both Teams deserve a better draw than this.[/quo

Agreed!

I believe this will be revisited by TSSAA multiple times in the off season!

I could see the Owls facing OR and Farragut vs Mcminn then the teams facing each other.

Again who ever comes out of that top bracket will beone heck of a team. :P

Your a pretty smart 'ole hound dog, rigger101! :thumb:

The scrimmage they participated in earlier this year is probably moot at this point in the season. Ooltewah held a slight advantage in the scrimmage, but Farragut looks nothing like what they did in August. QB Browning is looking better than ever, the running game is stronger now with the OL being first reshuffled, and now has gelled somewhat. WR Van Dyne has really come on the last half of the season. He's always been able to stretch a defense, but now he's making highlight catches and competeing for every ball thrown his way. If you want to double Van Dyne Ok, they have Allen down the seam, or Urevic underneath. The running game is a little stronger now with Hudson at close to 100% and Perez seems much better than he was early. SO...I think the real story will be what happens on the other side. Ooltewah's offense vs. Farragut's defense. Farragut's defense has struggled against good passing teams, but from what the Owl faithful has said, Ooltewah has stuggled in the passing game. Turnovers are always important, but huge in the playoffs. Farragut has really had trouble generating any turnovers defensively. I'll also be interested to know where the officiating crew will be from. I know the crews always are from out of the area in the playoffs, I just wonder how far out of the area, and if they know the history of these two teams.

Even if the refs are from Chattanooga, it will not be an advantage for the Owls. The refs around the Chatt area are not good enough to give the Owls an advantage. They plain stink.

Now that I think about it, the refs have stunk all year. The refs from McMinn looked like the same umps that called my daughter's softball games this summer. They looked like'kids.'

What a first round game down near chatt... Wish I could be a bird sitting on the lights watching this on Friday.. Farragut has a great team, with two losses, and Ooltewah has a great team with one lose... I have seen Farragut play this season on two occasions against Catholic and Maryville... I haven't seen Ooltewah play but have heard about there D-end thats heading to Tennessee... Good luck to both teams an since Farragut is a Knoxville team I'm wanting them to win, but I do remember the two trips they made down there last season and they didn't go to well for Farragut.... maybe the tide will turn this season, good luck to both teams, i know this is going to be a battle for four quarters..

Thanks BIG-HAIRY......for following through today,You made one kid very happy.He's excited,I'll leave it at that.

Maybe he can frame that gift, pull it out one day, look back on it, and have a smile!!!

Tell him my pleasure to do it!

I cant wait to see him play as an Owl when he gets to high school!!! :roflol:

Only a few more years and he will be an Owl, makes me feel old bro!!! :roflol: