Farragut vs Ooltewah

Minethatbird

I have no idea what some of you Farragut people are thinking. Farragut is still trying to find away to stop Smith from last year. I really do not see Farragut winning this game this Friday night. This years defense in not even in the same league as last years team. Farragut had Maryville 24-7 and let them come back, West and Catholic should have won and that is not saying much for Catholic. Those two freshman o-line are going to be in for a long day or night what ever you want to call it with Mr.Smith and they are going to see what a five star player looks like. Whats sad is the LB from from last years Owls team that hit Browning is back this year. To much defense on the Owls side and Browning doesn't do good with press look at the Maryville game. Say what you want to about coaching but he was on fire in that game the first half Maryville changed a few things in the second half with pressure two Int's. Isn't he sponse to be the best, don't you put the ball in the best players hands thats not coaching.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will not even be close. Farragut will be up by four or five Tds at half. Farragut will have the Freshman team on the field in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I don't know how the owls think they even have a chance in this one. Farragut is bigger, stronger, and just plain better. I know that DE Smith supposedly all world, but I just do not buy it. He takes plays off and doesn't go full speed every play. I was at both of last years games and that Will Jackson kid DOMINATED him. I just dont think he's as good as advertised. He's in for a big surprise when he gets in ole Monte Kiffin's system and he running scout team behind Chris Walker, Ben Martin, Willie Bohannon, Rae Sykes, Steven Fowlkes, Gerald Williams, and Big Jon Morrison. Never gonna see the field. Sorry, for that little tangent, back to the game. Gonna be a blow out, not even gonna be a game after halftime.

come on give me a break just wait for friday night 2 more days

Farragut had Maryville 24-7 and let them come back, West and Catholic should have won and that is not saying much for Catholic.

Well if you are going to say Catholic and West should have beat Farragut... then Farragut def. should have beat Maryville... Not really sure how West should have beat Farragut though.. I can sort of see an argument in the way of Catholic, but not West.

Also I think with Catholic... by the end of the year for them with their losses to Heritage(lol) and Bearden.. They were just completely worn out. So I don't really think it looks bad that Farragut "barely" beat them.

Wow, I don’t know why all you folks let one silly post bend you all out of shape. Any knowledgeable Farragut fan knows this game will be a challenge. Ooltewah will be the toughest defense Farragut has faced all season, and Smith is an OUTSTANDING talent. This should be a great match up.

As for Farragut barely beating Catholic, remember that Catholic needed a touchdown AND a two-point conversion JUST TO TIE. Furthermore, Farragut easily ran the ball down Catholic’s throat to kill the clock (a concept I wish they had employed with a 10-point second half lead in the Maryville game).To say Farragut was ever in jeopardy of losing to Catholic is definitely stretching the truth.

Wow, I don’t know why all you folks let one silly post bend you all out of shape. Any knowledgeable Farragut fan knows this game will be a challenge. Ooltewah will be the toughest defense Farragut has faced all season, and Smith is an OUTSTANDING talent. This should be a great match up.

As for Farragut barely beating Catholic, remember that Catholic needed a touchdown AND a two-point conversion JUST TO TIE. Furthermore, Farragut easily ran the ball down Catholic’s throat to kill the clock (a concept I wish they had employed with a 10-point second half lead in the Maryville game).To say Farragut was ever in jeopardy of losing to Catholic is definitely stretching the truth.

If I recall this right Catholic missed 2 fieldgoals had you blocked and dropped a touchdown pass by number 11 with 4:00 mins to go in the game plus drive back down to fumble the ball at the three by Brooks Harper hit with a little over 2:00 mins to go in the game and missed one of there fieldgoals missed was late in the 4 qtr. they had a dropped TD pass in the endzone, a missed fieldgoal, plus the fumble late in the 4 qtr.

After the trash that some Ooltewah folks have been talking on the Maryville threads in recent weeks, I gotta tell you that I was looking forward to meeting the Owls in the playoffs. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. Looking over the schedule and results, I really don't think they're going to knock off the Admirals again this year.

I'll take Farragut by 10-14 points.

HTV: Looks like Benny has his "reason" that the Owls are going to fold up on Friday.... :D

UF was going to win anyway.

Hate it that the kid is not going to play though.

Yep, I hate it, too. Hopefully he'll get past this and have a productive career at UT and keep his nose clean and earn a degree.

HTV: Looks like Benny has his "reason" that the Owls are going to fold up on Friday.... :D

UF was going to win anyway.

Hate it that the kid is not going to play though.

Yep, I hate it, too. Hopefully he'll get past this and have a productive career at UT and keep his nose clean and earn a degree.

So it is true about Mr. Smith not playing this Friday night against Farragut. You know Farragut will be glad of that.

Even without Smith, Ooltewah will win by three - Ooltewah 17 - Farragut 14. Ooltewah has an awesome TOTAL defense and their depth chart has outstanding athletes that would start on many teams. Owl offense will have a solid game - and then we will host Bearden next week! They will play with emotion on Friday night - Benny has already made the adjustments necessary and watch the Owls swarm to the football! Go Owls!