indy @ arlington

ilovecfb3

No one has known what indy team is going to show up to play all year, so why is it going to change this wk? I mean you think they would come to play with it being a playoff game and all the seniors possible last game ever. But it seems like ihs has no senior leadership which has hurt them all year.

IF and thats a big if indy shows up to play friday night then i guarentee alrington will have their hands full and it will be a good close game. However if they dont its just gunna be another first round #1-#8 seed beatdown.

Goodluck indy! I sure hope yall come to play this wk!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy cant play in the rain, if they play the way they played against Brentwood in the first half then they could defeat anyone the could play in the playoffs but i have to agree somewhat Eubanks is at fault for some cruddy play calling past couple weeks. As in running on 3rd and long not fooling anyone there. Pass it for more than 50% of the time on 3rd down for once you have a senior quarterback with a talented reciever in Cory Sartain and plus Ty and Brett can catch out of the backfield. Play calling and preperation will make or break a playoff run by the Eagles.

Not knowing anything about Indy, I do also think dry conditions will help Arlington. They need to be able to pass to set up their run. They have enough running game to keep most defenses honest and unless Indy can stop the run with 6 in the box there should be some throwing lanes open for Arlingtons QB to make some throws. Arlington needs some easy scores to get rolling and open up their offense but will grind it and play field position if needed. It should be a tight game (minus turnovers). I hope Arlington can get this one for West TN but i am a little nervous about the outcome.

I'm an old fan whose connections to high school ball are long gone but I do have a couple observations. First I saw the Indy vs Brentwood game and watched Indy push Brentwood around all night. In my opinion they dominated and I'm shocked they did not win at least 8 games this year. Secondly....I've watched high school football in Middle TN since 1995 and everything considered West TN is just not up to par with Middle TN. I have never seen Arlington but I would not be shocked if Indy wins.

I dont care about all of this contreversy on playoff births or indy not being a good team. The fact of the matter is that indy, with good playcalling, could and very well would be the best team in 6A. When you have a former HIGH SCHOOL player on the sidelines calling Offensive plays over a former NFL player somethings going wrong. Put heckman in the shotgun and we rack up wins. weve done it twice this year, Siegal and MBA. and you know what came out of those 2 games? WINS! Eubanks needs to face the facts, we need to pass the ball. run the Wing T or w/e, just throw the ball some! the run will be more effective with a pass threat. Granted Arlington is a good team, but indy has the will power and has been seeing far better competition. Get Ready for a win Indy fans, (if we pass the ball!!!)

28-10 Indy

I dont care about all of this contreversy on playoff births or indy not being a good team. The fact of the matter is that indy, with good playcalling, could and very well would be the best team in 6A. When you have a former HIGH SCHOOL player on the sidelines calling Offensive plays over a former NFL player somethings going wrong. Put heckman in the shotgun and we rack up wins. weve done it twice this year, Siegal and MBA. and you know what came out of those 2 games? WINS! Eubanks needs to face the facts, we need to pass the ball. run the Wing T or w/e, just throw the ball some! the run will be more effective with a pass threat. Granted Arlington is a good team, but indy has the will power and has been seeing far better competition. Get Ready for a win Indy fans, (if we pass the ball!!!)

28-10 Indy

Whose the former NFL player on the staff? just curious

28-10 Indy

Whose the former NFL player on the staff? just curious

just a little part to the music city miracle. you might know him. Former Tennessee Titan Kevin Dyson.

INDY DID NOT WIN ONE GAME AGAINST A 6-A DISTRICT OPPONENT !

AGAINST THEIR THREE MAJOR RIVALS ( BHS, FHS, RHS ) THEY WERE 0 - 3 ! !

INDY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN REWARDED WITH THIS WILDCARD SELECTION ! ! !

In terms of talent IHS has skill players like Heckman and Standard complimented by lineman such as Farrell and Kelly. To be certain IHS has plenty of talent. The problem is coaching from the pre - season to the debacle against Ravenwood Eubanks just can't measure up when it really matters. So IHS may well win it's 1st round match-up only to be beaten again by Franklin in the 2nd round. Indy Nation you are stocked with young talent ( Prado & CO.) but as long as Eubanks is " managing " the game the rest of us in Williamson Co.can rest easy knowing the you will never realize your potential.Good Luck in West Tn. Your next beating by Franklin will begin promptly on Nov. 13 at 7 pm.

The "fan" has creeped out of the snake pit long enough to take a few shots at the Indy program once again. "Fan" what can you really tell us about this Indy team? I bet you cannot supply anyone on here with any factual information, so please, slither back into your hole and chew on another rat, or maybe we will get lucky and the rat will whip your @$$$$ and do us all a favor.

You can cry over spilt milk all you want, the facts here are that Indy is in. If you are truly a WillCo fan, then you know that everyone lost to Franklin and Brentwood. I follow Indy and the WillCo teams each season. Franklin and Brentwood have better talent and better overall coaching across the board year in and year out. Indy has some talent, but not near the talent that those two programs have, nor do Centennial or Ravenwood for that matter. I have seen Indy play several times this season, and saw many of the games in 2007 and 2008. I think Eubanks has done done a decent job in his time there. The Eagles have rebounded nicely after a rough 2008 season, and find themselves back in the playoffs.

Speaking of playoffs, the thread is about Arlington and Indy. I know some folks in the Memphis area that tell me they are a good football team, but might struggle in the quad they were placed in. I do think that Indy will present some problems for Arlington, simply based on the schedule that Indy has played. I also know that Indy has gone toe-to-toe with some great football programs this year and if they take their best effort to Arlington, they could win this game. I would not be surprised at all to see Indy take this one. I wish them well and hope they get it done, then maybe we see Indy and Franklin go at it again, if Franklin gets by Overton.

Good Luck Indy :thumb:

Well this is hard for me but here goes, Since I am a Trojan I now have a love hate relationship with Arlington.

I think they can and will win this game, they have also played a tough schedule even though we did not give them credit. I believe that district 14 may be underrated and will be pulling for Arlington.

Question to Independence fans, is this not the same coach who beat us to go to state? Why alll the anti coach sentiment?

"LET'S GO TROJANS" :thumb:

Doug

No disrespect to your team that year, 2007, but it was kinda hard not to lose with all of the senior talent and size that year. We were loaded, that being said i think it was because of Eubanks that we didnt win the Gold Ball or lose only two games instead of five that year. He is an ok high school coach but he'll only be a great high school coach if he trusts in his quarterback in throwing it. Heckman is more of a quarterback who can read coverages only at the most 20-25 yards deep. I say just let him throw those intermediate throws untill the defense proves they can stop them then run that wing-t down there throat.

I really wish it was Millington who we were playing again i want to relive some memories by going to that field what a game that was :thumb: .... Hopefully we'll make some new ones this friday :thumb:

No disrespect to your team that year, 2007, but it was kinda hard not to lose with all of the senior talent and size that year. We were loaded, that being said i think it was because of Eubanks that we didnt win the Gold Ball or lose only two games instead of five that year. He is an ok high school coach but he'll only be a great high school coach if he trusts in his quarterback in throwing it. Heckman is more of a quarterback who can read coverages only at the most 20-25 yards deep. I say just let him throw those intermediate throws untill the defense proves they can stop them then run that wing-t down there throat.

I really wish it was Millington who we were playing again i want to relive some memories by going to that field what a game that was :thumb: .... Hopefully we'll make some new ones this friday :thumb:

I agree we have wanted to play you again also. I warn you though this Arlington team seems to have destiny on their side, kind of like you guys in 2007.