OS not hosting a playoff game.

supergeek2130

Come on, you honestly thought after the past three seasons, that this was going to be your year? You were probably one calling for Coach Brackett to resign, after last year. No one in Roane County, except the team expected to be in the play-offs. They probably didn't know they could until the third or fourth game of the season. You are really showing how much you support O.S. by bashing O.S. teams, coaches, and the administration. Way to show your spirit! I am sorry your boy won't have one play-off game at home, because that is all it would be. If you win, you have to go to Hampton anyway, so quit whining about it all, and go support O.S. like you should. Oh, and by the way it is still football season! No one should be, or is jealous of the girls program! The best statement Coach Christopher and the Girls Basketball team could make is by showing up at the Tellico Plains game and supporting their fellow Bobcats.

Call it whining if you want. I call it being pissed off.

I didn't say anything about this being our year. To me "our year" would indicate a state championship. I wasn't that optimistic. I did say I expected the season to be like it has been. I actually thought we would go 9-1. Changing divisions and adding a good group of seniors that hadn't been playing was my basis for that reasoning.

I never called for Coach Brackett to resign or be dismissed. My son believes in him, I believe in my son. I also went to Mrs Brackett last year and told her that she and coach had my support. They both still do.

My whole point is this. For the last four years I have watched my son and his teammates play every football game. Some of those games were over by halftime. All of us know how tough the last three years have been. The four or five seniors that have been there the whole time deserved this home playoff game. They worked hard, busted their tales, and got screwed out of the home playoff game because of lying and cheating in girls basketball. Those four or five seniors and their families all have the right to be angry. If you don't understand that bosshog I don't care. You are also wrong about Hampton. They may be 9-1 but look at their schedule. I'm not sure OS can get by TP but if they do I for one would like our chances at Hampton.

I do agree with your last statement though. It would go a long way with me if Coach Christopher brought her team to TP. The whole team, as a team. I would then back off. I might even come early enough to watch them play before the boys.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is what it is. If you dont like it take your kids and go somewhere else. Nothing at OS is changing. I dont know if this is parents that are jealous of the girls programs success or what? But, fact still reamins. Everyone needs to get the fact straight (because its still yet to happen). I know for a fact that coach christopher isnt going to let a bunch of childish people but a damper on her season. Its basketball season now anyways!

I couldn't help but notice that you didn't SIGN your post, as long as your going to hide behind a screen name (like a coward) and make accusations about others, your opinion doesn't add up to a bowl of dung!

I'm done with you and this topic, if you want to continue just look me up!

KF

Catback, not one time was i implying that roberts had a problem with your kid, or did i for that fact. It was a general statement on why people didnt like him... Sorry you took it all toward you. it wasnt meant that way. And all yall keep sayin it was the girls this an that. Well fact of the matter is that a Single A school has to be 1000 seats to host ANY tournament games... The past admin, fire marshal, and city mayor all signed off on it. An the appeal OS turned in was about the previous admistration and ad tryin to get the whole decission overturned. IF you knew how the process worked you would understand that you cant really hold this over the current coaches, ad, or staff.. The information was turned in years ago when OS hosted its first Region Tourn. Laura Halls freshman yr i belevie. After you turn it in, it never has to be updated. So all you who want to keep on, please do your research and know exactly what TSSAA bylaws and processes are before you post. Because i for one know them. And to catback, if you want to know who i am. Ill find you friday night when i travel to TP and speak to you about this because i for one thought that of all people that youd understand and be a little more understanding of all this... 8

I just wanted to post a few things that might help clear some things up or even make them worse.

No one at Oliver Springs to my understanding knowingly lied about the gym's seating capacity. The count was done before Coach Christopher was the head coach.

The problem with the count to my understanding is the aisle ways. Some gyms don't have aisle ways in the bleachers and when they measure for seating capacity they measure from one end to the other and then divide by 16 inches (could be 18) to see how many people sit in a row. This is what Oliver Springs did several years ago and they came up with a number more than 1,000. However, with the aisle ways not counting as seats, the number is under 1,000. I believe the fire marshall even signed off saying the gym seated more than 1,000 people. It's my understanding that Coach Christopher or any of the school's current administration has done a count since that original count was done several years ago. So I personally don't think it's fair to say that they knowingly lied about the seating capacity. They probably shouldn't have counted the aisle way seats several years ago, but that's a different story.

I also don't think anyone from OS turned in Cloudland to the TSSAA. I heard TSSAA officials saw pictures from the game and had a question about the temporary seating at the game, all seats have to be permanent to my understanding and the portable bleachers that were brought in were at issue. Heck, TSSAA could have even seen pictures from the newspaper and that's how they became aware of it. I personally don't think I ran any photos like that, but I'm pretty sure that Coach Christopher or any of the OS administration did not turn in Cloudland.

The sad thing is that everyone at the OS at Cloudland game at Cloudland at OS game had a seat to my understanding.

Again, I don't know if this helps, but it might clear the air a little on when the count was made. I think the best thing for OS is that they didn't have to pay a fine for each year they hosted a sectional contest.

Catback, not one time was i implying that roberts had a problem with your kid, or did i for that fact. It was a general statement on why people didnt like him... Sorry you took it all toward you. it wasnt meant that way. And all yall keep sayin it was the girls this an that. Well fact of the matter is that a Single A school has to be 1000 seats to host ANY tournament games... The past admin, fire marshal, and city mayor all signed off on it. An the appeal OS turned in was about the previous admistration and ad tryin to get the whole decission overturned. IF you knew how the process worked you would understand that you cant really hold this over the current coaches, ad, or staff.. The information was turned in years ago when OS hosted its first Region Tourn. Laura Halls freshman yr i belevie. After you turn it in, it never has to be updated. So all you who want to keep on, please do your research and know exactly what TSSAA bylaws and processes are before you post. Because i for one know them. And to catback, if you want to know who i am. Ill find you friday night when i travel to TP and speak to you about this because i for one thought that of all people that youd understand and be a little more understanding of all this... 8

I would think the count was turned in in the 90's when the boys hosted their Sub-State game.

It is what it is. If you dont like it take your kids and go somewhere else. Nothing at OS is changing. I dont know if this is parents that are jealous of the girls programs success or what? But, fact still reamins. Everyone needs to get the fact straight (because its still yet to happen). I know for a fact that coach christopher isnt going to let a bunch of childish people but a damper on her season. Its basketball season now anyways!

I couldn't help but notice that you didn't SIGN your post, as long as your going to hide behind a screen name (like a coward) and make accusations about others, your opinion doesn't add up to a bowl of dung!

I'm done with you and this topic, if you want to continue just look me up!

KF

Yes there is a lot of that going on. The person that started this on another page asked the question Why did this happen and then one or two pages later tells the whole story on his I think 9th post.

Hello to all!! First time ever to post on coacht! Hopefully this will clear the air around OS so these boys can FOCUS and go take care of business!!

FIRST AND FOREMOST...... NOONE COULD BE MORE PROUD OF OUR FOOTBALL TEAM AND HOPE THEY WIN IT ALL THAN MYSELF!!!! I LOVE THESE KIDS JUST LIKE YOU ALL DO AND WOULD WANT NOTHING MORE THAN THEM TO HOST EVERY GAME OF THE PLAYOFFS IF THEY COULD!!! A APOLOGY TO OS FOOTBALL TEAM FOR THEM NOT BEING ABLE TO HOST A GAME! IT WAS INDEED GIRLS BASKETBALL THAT IS THE CAUSE OF THIS. BUT NOTHING WAS DONE KNOWINGLY I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT!!

1. When we as the coaches were told of the punishment for our school my first though was OH NO.... OUR FOOTBALL TEAM IS GONNA MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR AND THIS IS GOING TO HURT THEM AND KEEP THEM FROM PLAYING AT HOME AS WE ALL WOULD WANT TO DO!!! I have done nothing but support and lift up our football program and Coach Brackett for the last several years when everybody was bad mouthing all of them. I sat and watched how much time and effort he put into the guys when noone else had anything good to say about anything!!The reason they gave us for all sports being punished was that Ronnie Carter had spoken with past administration and he told them we seated 1,000 and that there was a letter from the fire marshall stating that the gym could hold 1,000. This to TSSAA was knowingly breaking the rules by lying. Both of the people that provided this information are no longer with us in this world. TSSAA has not called to check our seating capacity since this date so nobody that has a part of our sports program or administrator since I have been here has talked to TSSAA!! If they would have called we all know that Mr Woods/Mr Roberts/or myself would have counted and told them the truth. It bothers me that people on this board that have children at our school or anybody for that matter would question my integrity to this manner or for any manner for that matter. Any one that knows me knows that I do my best to display a CHRISTLIKE manner in my life and try to teach the kids good integrity and class!!

2. I have never counted the gym seating. I know there are people who have and to be perfectly honest I never knew any numbers and realy didn't want to or most importantly I guess I should say I didnt have time to worry about that.

3. I did not turn Cloudland in for all those people who think or are saying that it was me!! I informed the coach that I did not call anybody on them and that I loved playing up there,the atmosphere was great!! Alot of people tried to get us to call on them as people had done in the past but we(myself and administration) thought this was not the best thing to do. If you win you deserve to play at your place no matter what. There were plenty of seats at both places. And do unto others as you would have others do unto you!! Just to set the record straight.... TSSAA somehow got ahold of pictures of the gym and investigated from there. SOMEONE was in the right place at the right time!! Who? I have no idea!

4. TSSAA punishments usually affect POST SEASON PLAY!! Especially when it has to do with post season play. When going to the appeal it was asked to lift the other sports because they were not in the wrong in any way and it is not fair whatsoever!!! We admitted in the past that someone had done wrong in the past and were willing to accept our punishment as a basketball program. It was denied of course and others had been passed that offered more money and a loss of spring practice.

5. Now who is the PLAYOFFS all about anyway? THE OS FOOTBALL TEAM!!! Why dont we all stop arguing and back these guys and let them FOCUS on what they have set out to do and that is to win a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! The FANS are what is so great about OS SPORTS!! Unless we come together and support each other and the kids most importantly then we are not th efANS I thought OS had!!

6. Last, someone said it would make it al lbetter if the team came and watched the game. Ask any of the girls what they had this past friday because of our football team which the love and support dearly!! AM practice so they could support the guys!! And remember basketball season is officially started!!

NOW....OS FOOTBALL... FOCUS AND GO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS ONE GAME AT A TIME. BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU HAVE SET OUT TO DO AND PROVE ALL THE PEOPLE WRONG THAT DON'T BELIEVE IN YOU!!

BIG TIME PLAYERS MAKE BIG TIME PLAYS IN BIG TIME GAMES!!!

YOU CANT WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AT OS!!!!! IT MUST BE ELSEWHERE SO GO WIN SOME FOOTBALL GAMES!!!

Hello to all!! First time ever to post on coacht! Hopefully this will clear the air around OS so these boys can FOCUS and go take care of business!!

FIRST AND FOREMOST...... NOONE COULD BE MORE PROUD OF OUR FOOTBALL TEAM AND HOPE THEY WIN IT ALL THAN MYSELF!!!! I LOVE THESE KIDS JUST LIKE YOU ALL DO AND WOULD WANT NOTHING MORE THAN THEM TO HOST EVERY GAME OF THE PLAYOFFS IF THEY COULD!!! A APOLOGY TO OS FOOTBALL TEAM FOR THEM NOT BEING ABLE TO HOST A GAME! IT WAS INDEED GIRLS BASKETBALL THAT IS THE CAUSE OF THIS. BUT NOTHING WAS DONE KNOWINGLY I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT!!

1. When we as the coaches were told of the punishment for our school my first though was OH NO.... OUR FOOTBALL TEAM IS GONNA MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR AND THIS IS GOING TO HURT THEM AND KEEP THEM FROM PLAYING AT HOME AS WE ALL WOULD WANT TO DO!!! I have done nothing but support and lift up our football program and Coach Brackett for the last several years when everybody was bad mouthing all of them. I sat and watched how much time and effort he put into the guys when noone else had anything good to say about anything!!The reason they gave us for all sports being punished was that Ronnie Carter had spoken with past administration and he told them we seated 1,000 and that there was a letter from the fire marshall stating that the gym could hold 1,000. This to TSSAA was knowingly breaking the rules by lying. Both of the people that provided this information are no longer with us in this world. TSSAA has not called to check our seating capacity since this date so nobody that has a part of our sports program or administrator since I have been here has talked to TSSAA!! If they would have called we all know that Mr Woods/Mr Roberts/or myself would have counted and told them the truth. It bothers me that people on this board that have children at our school or anybody for that matter would question my integrity to this manner or for any manner for that matter. Any one that knows me knows that I do my best to display a CHRISTLIKE manner in my life and try to teach the kids good integrity and class!!

2. I have never counted the gym seating. I know there are people who have and to be perfectly honest I never knew any numbers and realy didn't want to or most importantly I guess I should say I didnt have time to worry about that.

3. I did not turn Cloudland in for all those people who think or are saying that it was me!! I informed the coach that I did not call anybody on them and that I loved playing up there,the atmosphere was great!! Alot of people tried to get us to call on them as people had done in the past but we(myself and administration) thought this was not the best thing to do. If you win you deserve to play at your place no matter what. There were plenty of seats at both places. And do unto others as you would have others do unto you!! Just to set the record straight.... TSSAA somehow got ahold of pictures of the gym and investigated from there. SOMEONE was in the right place at the right time!! Who? I have no idea!

4. TSSAA punishments usually affect POST SEASON PLAY!! Especially when it has to do with post season play. When going to the appeal it was asked to lift the other sports because they were not in the wrong in any way and it is not fair whatsoever!!! We admitted in the past that someone had done wrong in the past and were willing to accept our punishment as a basketball program. It was denied of course and others had been passed that offered more money and a loss of spring practice.

5. Now who is the PLAYOFFS all about anyway? THE OS FOOTBALL TEAM!!! Why dont we all stop arguing and back these guys and let them FOCUS on what they have set out to do and that is to win a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! The FANS are what is so great about OS SPORTS!! Unless we come together and support each other and the kids most importantly then we are not th efANS I thought OS had!!

6. Last, someone said it would make it al lbetter if the team came and watched the game. Ask any of the girls what they had this past friday because of our football team which the love and support dearly!! AM practice so they could support the guys!! And remember basketball season is officially started!!

NOW....OS FOOTBALL... FOCUS AND GO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS ONE GAME AT A TIME. BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU HAVE SET OUT TO DO AND PROVE ALL THE PEOPLE WRONG THAT DON'T BELIEVE IN YOU!!

BIG TIME PLAYERS MAKE BIG TIME PLAYS IN BIG TIME GAMES!!!

YOU CANT WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AT OS!!!!! IT MUST BE ELSEWHERE SO GO WIN SOME FOOTBALL GAMES!!!

Great post I hope it clears everything up. Go Bobcats, Tigers, Devils and Jackets it's a new season now!!!