TSSAA Screws Clinton

DragonFire

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vacating a win is much better than a loss. However, the TSSAA clearly overreacted with the Clinton issue. It blows my mind that they would seed a 1 loss team ahead of an undefeated team. Clinton will give Columbia a fit in the 3rd round. However, it would have been nice to play 3rd round at home before traveling to TN High. How does Anderson County, a 3rd seed, get to play a 1-9 team? How does that make sense??? I mean, they will be eliminated in 2nd round, but please justify that one?!?!

Vacating a win is much better than a loss. However, the TSSAA clearly overreacted with the Clinton issue. It blows my mind that they would seed a 1 loss team ahead of an undefeated team. Clinton will give Columbia a fit in the 3rd round. However, it would have been nice to play 3rd round at home before traveling to TN High. How does Anderson County, a 3rd seed, get to play a 1-9 team? How does that make sense??? I mean, they will be eliminated in 2nd round, but please justify that one?!?!

The criteria is not Overall record TECHNICALLY, it's number of wins. So in this case it would be different. Since they have the same number of Wins, it moves to the next criteria, which is wins over teams winning 50% of their games or more. So I am assuming Columbia holds that over Clinton.

The kid was ruled ineligible for basketball last year and as a result was ineligible for sports for one calendar year. Clinton did not cheat you know nothing about the situation. Clinton deserves a #1 seed for being #2 in the state and undefeated. Columbia must have called and complained. They are closer to TSSAA office. You now have a team that is undefeated playing possibly two road games and having to play their week 10 opponent in the second round after they play a 1-9 team. This system is a joke and those conducting it are a joke. Making coaches travel to exchange films and then changing games. Clinton won all their games and taking the seed away is another way for TSSAA to stick it to us. This whole thing is a disgrace to our kids who have worked so hard. Those of you who commented about the vacated game must have forgotten that this is about kids, not about adults in Hermitage finding yet another way to take a jab at a program that has worked so hard to get turned around.

The kid was ruled ineligible for basketball last year and as a result was ineligible for sports for one calendar year. Clinton did not cheat you know nothing about the situation. Clinton deserves a #1 seed for being #2 in the state and undefeated. Columbia must have called and complained. They are closer to TSSAA office. You now have a team that is undefeated playing possibly two road games and having to play their week 10 opponent in the second round after they play a 1-9 team. This system is a joke and those conducting it are a joke. Making coaches travel to exchange films and then changing games. Clinton won all their games and taking the seed away is another way for TSSAA to stick it to us. This whole thing is a disgrace to our kids who have worked so hard. Those of you who commented about the vacated game must have forgotten that this is about kids, not about adults in Hermitage finding yet another way to take a jab at a program that has worked so hard to get turned around.

It's pretty clear to me the "Adults" at Clinton allowed this kid to play knowing he wasn't eligible.