West View at Manassas

Memphisfootball

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manassas wins this one. Too much athleticism and speed at every position. Westview hasn't seen a player like OC Brown

OC Brown is the best O Lineman in the state!!! he should win Mr. Football!!!

Do offensive linemen carry the football? I know they pull and all, but I haven't seen them scoring many TD's. Don't get me wrong, other than OC's footwork, he is top notch. BUT, football is weak in Memphis unless you took the 4-8 players that are good on each team and put them on one team like MUS does. Then you would have a powerhouse! Still think they are too much for Westview. Camden speed hurt Westview. Milan speed hurt Westview. Manassas speed will hurt them as well. Good luck Chargers at BTW!

Matt_8777...you obviously have a deep love affair with MUS(who is Tennessee's best team without a doubt) but your idea of what a "good" team is seems to be drastically schewed. There are other teams in TN that are "good" teams (maybe not as good as MUS) and there are CERTAINLY other "GOOD" teams in Memphis as well! Manassas, Whitehaven, White Station, Melrose, Mitchell, Kirby, Wooddale, ...just to name a few. Memphis Football is NOT weak!!

we will see how weak Memphis Football is when #8 Craigmont knocks off #1 Lawrence Co. Mitchell kills Jackson Northside!!! #7 Ridgeway beats #2 Hardin Co

#8 Trezevant Knocks off #1 Liberty Tech. Kingsbury runs all over Crocket Co. Sheffield beats Dyersburg.

Oakhaven beats fairview and Manassas runs all over Westview!!!

we will see how weak Memphis Football is when #8 Craigmont knocks off #1 Lawrence Co. Mitchell kills Jackson Northside!!! #7 Ridgeway beats #2 Hardin Co

#8 Trezevant Knocks off #1 Liberty Tech. Kingsbury runs all over Crocket Co. Sheffield beats Dyersburg.

Legend....great post and I love you enthusiasm...I love Memphis football..however..I'm not saying Trezevant doesn't have a chance...but I doubt they upset the Crusaders.....the rest of what you say...is either possible or in some cases....likely to happen....especially in the 5A bracket!!!

no way trezevant, kingsbury, craigmont, wins and i doubt mitchell scores much on northside

you my man need to lay down the pipe :popcorneater::roflol::roflol:

Stay on track.....this thread is about WESTVIEW and MAN! Dont go off about other Memphis schools or the West TN folk will have to start talking about Milan and then the East TN folk will start talking about Alcoa. ....do you really want that?! All I want to know is why cant we split some $$ and have the game at UTM field where the conditions are always perfect - the field is beautiful, the parking is safe, the bathrooms are clean, and visitor section is great, the concessions are good, ..... etc. Who wants to drive to an unsafe place. There will be more people from West TN going to watch the game than there will be people from Memphis there watching the game - so figure something out where people's vehicles and lives arent in danger! RIDICULOUS!

Stay on track.....this thread is about WESTVIEW and MAN! Dont go off about other Memphis schools or the West TN folk will have to start talking about Milan and then the East TN folk will start talking about Alcoa. ....do you really want that?! All I want to know is why cant we split some $$ and have the game at UTM field where the conditions are always perfect - the field is beautiful, the parking is safe, the bathrooms are clean, and visitor section is great, the concessions are good, ..... etc. Who wants to drive to an unsafe place. There will be more people from West TN going to watch the game than there will be people from Memphis there watching the game - so figure something out where people's vehicles and lives arent in danger! RIDICULOUS!

Sounds lke you have no idea what you are talking about, but frankly rather than insulting us , you humor us. Your life isn't in danger for goodness sake. You need to go to the 1A/2A site, go to a McKenzie thread and ask Butchie and those guys about playing Manassas at BTW. You will be treated respectfully and security will be abundant. No, the field and the facility are not as nice as the University of Tennesse at Martin's field, but few are. It is in fact old and in an old inner city area - that is true. But equally true is that the kids on the Manassas football teamed have earned the platoff game to be played in their home - not yours. They have earned the opprotunity to have a playoff game in front of thier friends and families in thier hometown. Now, we realize that you folks think we are all second class citizens and would be happy to sell our kids and our program out for a few thousand bucks so you very nice people of West Teneessee can avoid this big ole dark hole you hate to even recognize is actually a city in the state of Tennessee, but we have a different view.

So, this is why we can't split some $$ and this is why if you want to see the game, you are going to drive to Memphis this Friday. Now, who is really - RIDICULOUS!!!

Well Let Me Clear This Up A Lil, Mckenzie's Experience In Memphis Was Nothing But Spectacular. The Manassas Team Was Top Notch In Class Top To Bottom. The Hospitality Shown On And Off The Field Was Like It Ought To Be, First Class. Now With That Said.....Manassas Does Not Have Thier Own Field...So They Have To Play Where They Can.....So It Just Happens To Be At The Arm Pit Of Memphis....I Mentioned the Gayhawk, Simply Because I Made the Mistake Of Parking In Their Lot...me And The Guy I Was With {Make No Connection Here} LOL Was Cat Called At Pre-Game And Post Game.

There Was Even A Handwritten Note Left On My Door Handle Inviting Us In For A Drink...Needless To Say We DECLINED.

And Left There With Haste...To Say The Least. We All Made Jokes Of This Visit, And Continue To Every Week. But I Will Say This Westview....We Played Ya'll...And Was Fortunate To Win.....Manassas Aint No Bottom Feeder That You'll Run Over. They Are Well Coached...And Good Athelete's. Don't Park North Of Railway Tracks Or In GayHawk Parking Lot And All Will Be Well. And There Was More Cops There Around The Stadium Than I Could Count. But The Field Was In Excellent Shape.

Well Let Me Clear This Up A Lil, Mckenzie's Experience In Memphis Was Nothing But Spectacular. The Manassas Team Was Top Notch In Class Top To Bottom. The Hospitality Shown On And Off The Field Was Like It Ought To Be, First Class. Now With That Said.....Manassas Does Not Have Thier Own Field...So They Have To Play Where They Can.....So It Just Happens To Be At The Arm Pit Of Memphis....I Mentioned the Gayhawk, Simply Because I Made the Mistake Of Parking In Their Lot...me And The Guy I Was With {Make No Connection Here} LOL Was Cat Called At Pre-Game And Post Game.

There Was Even A Handwritten Note Left On My Door Handle Inviting Us In For A Drink...Needless To Say We DECLINED.

And Left There With Haste...To Say The Least. We All Made Jokes Of This Visit, And Continue To Every Week. But I Will Say This Westview....We Played Ya'll...And Was Fortunate To Win.....Manassas Aint No Bottom Feeder That You'll Run Over. They Are Well Coached...And Good Athelete's. Don't Park North Of Railway Tracks Or In GayHawk Parking Lot And All Will Be Well. And There Was More Cops There Around The Stadium Than I Could Count. But The Field Was In Excellent Shape.

Thanks Butchie - oh, by the way, The Village people are playing live at The Gay Hawk next Wednesday (Hump Day) as a first night of their comeback tour. Here is the best news. Since you are a Gold Card member at the Gay Hawk, admission is free. This guy has been asking about you.... :blink: Good luck in the playoffs to you folks, I sincerely hope you win the Gold