West View at Manassas

Memphisfootball

The coaches say this one will be played at BTW - Which believe it or not is one of the best surfaces left to play on in Memphis - that should tell you how bad it is here after all the rain, overuse, and poor care on all the fields.

Anyway, Man is 9-1, winner of 9 straight and Westview is 6-4, winner of 6 straight and a pretty impressive overtime win at Brownsville. They also lost to Milan 24-7, which by this year's standrds seems respectable to those of us who haven't seen either team play.

What do folks think in West Tn? Another typical one and done for Memphis vs West TN teams, or does Manassas realy have the juice to advance?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaches say this one will be played at BTW - Which believe it or not is one of the best surfaces left to play on in Memphis - that should tell you how bad it is here after all the rain, overuse, and poor care on all the fields.

Anyway, Man is 9-1, winner of 9 straight and Westview is 6-4, winner of 6 straight and a pretty impressive overtime win at Brownsville. They also lost to Milan 24-7, which by this year's standrds seems respectable to those of us who haven't seen either team play.

What do folks think in West Tn? Another typical one and done for Memphis vs West TN teams, or does Manassas realy have the juice to advance?

This should be a very good game. Westview is a much more confident team that early in the season. Manassas by all accounts is a very good football team. The few highlights I have seen showed speed, speed and more speed. This is for sure a much better Manassas than has come to West Tennessee over the past few years. I'm hoping the Chargers can go to Memphis and come home with the win but it is going to be tough going.

Chargers in a close one - 27-26

Manassas is ready to make a state run. The defense is much better then last season. Manassas has been a very balanced team all season and you never no who will kill you. The QB Will Redmond, RB Omar Williams, RB Antonio Parker, ATH Terrence Oliver, and WR Alexander can all make big plays!!! Martin Westview has not played a RB this season like Omar Williams this kid could take 30-300 yards :thumb: if he has to.

Well By-God! I'm Telling Ya From Experience BTW Aint The Place To Be Playing Any Football. It's Definately Not A Family Oriented Enviroment. Now No One Warned Me But I'll Go Ahead And Tell Ya. DO NOT PARK IN THE GAYHAWK PARKING LOT. Period. I Said Period. But The People From Manassa Are Top Notched! None No Better! Have A Good Safe Game, And DO NOT PARK IN THE GAYHAWK PARKING LOT. :roflol: Tell Them, Memphisfootball, I Can Hear You Snickering Right Now! :thumb:

Well By-God! I'm Telling Ya From Experience BTW Aint The Place To Be Playing Any Football. It's Definately Not A Family Oriented Enviroment. Now No One Warned Me But I'll Go Ahead And Tell Ya. DO NOT PARK IN THE GAYHAWK PARKING LOT. Period. I Said Period. But The People From Manassa Are Top Notched! None No Better! Have A Good Safe Game, And DO NOT PARK IN THE GAYHAWK PARKING LOT. :lol: Tell Them, Memphisfootball, I Can Hear You Snickering Right Now! :roflol:

Butchie, I think you have a picture of the security guy for the parking lot, don't you. I may be mistaken, but I think he palys the tamboreen and sits on the right of the Indian and the left of the biker. :lol: <<<<<< That is what he ooked like the first time he saw you - sweet, huh?

Manassas wins this one. Too much athleticism and speed at every position. Westview hasn't seen a player like OC Brown

OC Brown is the best O Lineman in the state!!! he should win Mr. Football!!!

Do offensive linemen carry the football? I know they pull and all, but I haven't seen them scoring many TD's. Don't get me wrong, other than OC's footwork, he is top notch. BUT, football is weak in Memphis unless you took the 4-8 players that are good on each team and put them on one team like MUS does. Then you would have a powerhouse! Still think they are too much for Westview. Camden speed hurt Westview. Milan speed hurt Westview. Manassas speed will hurt them as well. Good luck Chargers at BTW!