Anderson Co. @ Clinton Rd. #2

Space3

Coach Gillum has done an outstanding job with this group of kids. He is a fine christian man and deserves this. Him and Coach Price are two of the brightest minds when it comes to offense and they do an outstanding job, obviously. The defense, under Other Price, has done alot with such a small d-line. They bring them from everywhere. Gary Terry continues to do a great job with special teams and the movitavtion of the players!

But most importantly, the players on this team have shown so much courage and fight this year! They are a true TEAM. They play harder and more of a team than any other team I have seen this year. The Williams kid and Wilson are stars, but each week someone seems to rise up! They have made this community proud!

Go MAVS beat Columbia!

clinton sure was confident this game!

There isnt anything wrong with being confident tiger. If you take the field thinking you are going to lose, then that is a problem. AC just wanted to the game more and outplayed Clinton. AC gets really pumped up when they play us just like we get pumped up when we play Oak Ridge. AC needs to match that intensity this week if they want to pull out a win at Columbia! Good luck Mavs! ;)

So Clinton dont get really pumped up about playing AC? It would get me fired up if I just won 3 games out of the last 15 games :popcorneater: But I understand its hard to get pumped up when you know your going to loose!!!

Sorry space, but Oak Ridge has always been and will always be our biggest rival.

I dont get as excited about playing AC as i do OR and thats the bottom line. Just being honest!

Yea Oak Ridge will be AC biggest rival too. Its getting too predictable AC beating Clinton every year. You could almost say its automatic. So I would say in everyones eyes it will be AC and oak ridge to see who is the top Anderson Co. team. But for the old Clinton faithfull when you all had good teams and coaches it was oakridge and Clinton but not now sorry. ;)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idcoach has the right idea in regards to bias and unfair treatment of teams. It's not okay that the officials get to impact games the way they do, but it's part of a larger system. I just hope the same system doesn't come back to bite AC further down the road.

Here's hoping the Mavs make use of the win and take care of business representing the county with a win.

Remember through all this the stats don't lie. People will remember the numbers.

Opressed what does he have to do to get you on his side....Set a state record? Great Win to the Anderson County football team and to Coach Gillium. Gillium coached his kids up and got a big win. He has out coached every team he has played and won games that would have been lost in the past. Great Coaching job and great effort from the entire team.

As I said before oddsmaker, any average qb would do well under Gillums' system. What I am curious about is how accomplished a qb, such as Longmire, could have become under Gillums direction. Talk about your "Mr. Football"!

What does he have to do to get me on his side??? He has definitely come a long way from the beginning of the season. Tanner has matured greatly under JP's direction. You misunderstand me, I think. Or maybe I'm just not explaining myself. It's not that I am not on his "side". He's a Maverick! Of course, I'm on his side! Tanner is a smart kid, but his decision making processes under pressure, concern me. So many interceptions. It cost us the first Clinton game. If Tanner keeps improving as he has, I look for great things from him next year. And as I have said before, I would love for Tanner to keep proving me wrong. State records are great. A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP would be better. :|

Anderson County Can Hold Their Heads Very High!!!! Actually they were the better team; overall. I understand there were some referee issues against AC but let us be Honest the Mavericks have outperformed all expectations by unbelievable results. I noticed something tonight each and every player, played their heart out. A Maverick never quits and that holds so true tonight. This Team in itself has accomplished more than any team in this State for this year. You Guys need to Hold those Heads up High and Walk around Proud! You are the best! Trust me with the little time each of you have had, the different coaching changes, and the small time you have had to equip yourselves; you guys have done what no other team has accomplished.

This I can Say was A true Maverick Team!!! Team 2009

For the Seniors I wish you the best of Confidence! You guys are the best!!! Just Remember you were a part of this incredible dream!

For those that are ready for next year! Oh boy you will give AC schedule a run for the money! I really think that AC will be the only county team standing this time, without a doubt!!!

You Mavericks are the Best! I Could not be more Proud! Happy Thanksgiving and Have A Wonderful and Merry Christmas!!!!