Big Games in Memphis ... Week 11 (1st Rnd Playoffs)

kwc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My picks:

5A:

Craigmont over LC ................... 14-13

Mitchel over JNS ..................... 28-0

Melrose over Bartlett ............... 28-14

HC over Ridgeway ................... 28-7

6A:

Arlington over Independence ..... 28-21

Whitehaven over G-Town .......... 27-21

Millington over Wooddale ........... 21-7

Brighton over Kirby ................... 28-21

White Station over Cordova ....... 28-7

5A (Quad 4)

#1 Lawrence Co. (8-2) (H)

#8 Craigmont (7-3)

#4 Jackson Northside (7-3) (H)

#5 Mitchell (7-3)

#3 Melrose (6-4) (H)

#6 Barlett (4-6)

#7 Ridgeway (4-6)

#2 Hardin Co. (8-2) (H)

6A (Quad 3)

#1 Arlington (10-0) (H)

#8 Independence (6-4)

6A (Quad 4)

#1 Germantown (9-1) (H)

#7 Whitehaven (8-2)

#5 Millington (5-5)

#4 Wooddale (8-2) (H)

#3 Brighton (8-2) (H)

#6 Kirby (5-5)

#8 Cordova (6-4)

#2 White Station (8-2) (H)

My picks

Craigmont

Melrose

Mitchell

Ridegway

Whitehaven

Millington

Kirby

White Sation

Independence

Interesting how none of the county schools are in the same "league" with the city schools :thumb:

Are you saying that because no one is picking county schools? Arlington, millington, GTown, Cordova and most fans think none will win. That is pretty standard come playoff time.

It appears that if this bunch is picking it would be all West teams playing for the championship! I am not convinced the west teams are that strong. I guess we will see soon enough. I would have to say the TSSAA has these teams picked about right except for the Hardin County game. They may be the only team that gets beat according to the seeding. LCHS will handle Craigmont about the same way Bartlett did and Melrose will beat Bartlett in a close one.

LCHS will handle Craigmont about the same way Bartlett did

Good stuff.....keep the bulletin board material coming.

The games are not won on a bulletin board! It is playoff time and if all you have to get the Chiefs up is some bulletin board posts then you are in trouble!

GO CATS

True, but every kid is different. What motivates one might not motivate another.

The games are not won on a bulletin board! It is playoff time and if all you have to get the Chiefs up is some bulletin board posts then you are in trouble!

GO CATS

You're right.....games arent played on paper or on bulletin boards. But if you think that bulletin board material is all we use to get the kids fired up, then you have obviously never been in a locker room. Bulletin boards are used to add more fire to a team. Be careful how much fire you give this team. Ask Briarcrest what a fired up Craigmont team can do.

GO CATS

You're right.....games arent played on paper or on bulletin boards. But if you think that bulletin board material is all we use to get the kids fired up, then you have obviously never been in a locker room. Bulletin boards are used to add more fire to a team. Be careful how much fire you give this team. Ask Briarcrest what a fired up Craigmont team can do.

You know, I have never thought of this the way it has been explained here! I am now changing my prediction. I just don't don't think Lawrence County will be able to play on a dry field. This will be so new to them that those 300 + yard games are finished. The Chiefs are also so fired up from reading these boards that they will have a fire under them that has never been seen from a high school team. The Bartlett game was an absolute fluke. This bunch let them win just so they could take travel and show off their talents to the kids from middle TN. This 2A Briarcrest team is much more talented and the bench is so much more deep than this 5A LCHS team it won't even be funny! Another thing is that West TN teams are just more physical, better coached, faster, bigger and are just plainly more talented than any of the teams east of Memphis. That is the reason west teams win the state every year. I think that I will be attending the White County game now due to the fact they are a much more superior team at 1-9 and should match up well against any team out of the middle and east. Do I get a five dollar footlong too?? Good luck Friday night and GO CHIEFS :thumb:

You know, I have never thought of this the way it has been explained here! I am now changing my prediction. I just don't don't think Lawrence County will be able to play on a dry field. This will be so new to them that those 300 + yard games are finished. The Chiefs are also so fired up from reading these boards that they will have a fire under them that has never been seen from a high school team. The Bartlett game was an absolute fluke. This bunch let them win just so they could take travel and show off their talents to the kids from middle TN. This 2A Briarcrest team is much more talented and the bench is so much more deep than this 5A LCHS team it won't even be funny! Another thing is that West TN teams are just more physical, better coached, faster, bigger and are just plainly more talented than any of the teams east of Memphis. That is the reason west teams win the state every year. I think that I will be attending the White County game now due to the fact they are a much more superior team at 1-9 and should match up well against any team out of the middle and east. Do I get a five dollar footlong too?? Good luck Friday night and GO CHIEFS :thumb:

I really hope there are better, more sensible LCHS fans out there. You are completely twisting what I said to make it sound like I said that West TN teams are untouchable and their opponent shouldn't show up. That is not what was said. I simply replied to your statement that LCHS will dominate Craigmont much like Bartlett did. Your response was one of the most absurd posts I have seen on here in quite a while. Good work. And Briarcrest is a very talented DII team. They don't have the firepower of MUS or Christian Brothers, but they are no pushover by any means. They are not 2A.....they are a private school in Division II. BIG difference. And yes.....they probably DO have the depth that LCHS does.