Richland Raiders

memyme

It's time to do what is right for the best players in Giles County and put together one team at GCHS. A co-op is the way to go, as much as a lot of us don't like to admit it. Richland can build a good basketball, baseball, soccer team, but it can never build a good football team with the zoning situtation the way it is. So give the best players at Richland a shot to play on a county team that we can ALL be proud of!

Tee, get it done! Many of us in the north end of the county WILL support this.

I second that motion. Call the board put it on the agenda and I will meet you there. It would save money on the hiring of another teacher, theyre all about saving money when it comes to spending on teachers. Love to see OC have to deal with this problem. Everyone knows the best players hit the field first no matter who they are.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time to do what is right for the best players in Giles County and put together one team at GCHS. A co-op is the way to go, as much as a lot of us don't like to admit it. Richland can build a good basketball, baseball, soccer team, but it can never build a good football team with the zoning situtation the way it is. So give the best players at Richland a shot to play on a county team that we can ALL be proud of!

Tee, get it done! Many of us in the north end of the county WILL support this.

I second that motion. Call the board put it on the agenda and I will meet you there. It would save money on the hiring of another teacher, theyre all about saving money when it comes to spending on teachers. Love to see OC have to deal with this problem. Everyone knows the best players hit the field first no matter who they are.

I played at Richland in recent years, if I tried bringing this up I would have some close friends and good coaches feeling screwed. This needs to be brought to the board by parents from both schools. I'm not old enough for them to take me seriously anyway.

they dont need to combine the football richland can have a good team they have had it in the past and they can do again

It will take more than a new coach to fix Richland. The zoning policy needs to change. More money needs to go into the program. Look at the stands and pressbox rusting and rotting down. The locker room has no sink or toilet. When it rains there is no where to practice but Giles has a million $ building. Richland parents are paying taxes that are spent on Giles County football. Why can't their boys go down and be part of the better treated program?

There has been a lot of discussions around my parts about a "co-op" with GC. I am fortunate to have many open minded Richland friends and this has been a interesting discussion. Da buzz; Richland kids would not get to play much. Da fact; You do the time and put forth the effort - you play when OC is the coach. Doesn't matter who the parents are, which school you are at, your social status, what you did last year or week, height, weight, or skin color. Da buzz; Richland kids can't handle QC's practices. Da fact; Bull%_^!*. If GC kids can Richland kids will breeze through. Da buzz; It would be hard for players who don't drive to attend practices. Da fact; Maybe, but like educational values its about the parents. Kids who succeed in the classroom have strong support and those who exceed in sports also find support to get where they are supposed to be. Da Buzz; Not having a football program would hurt moral & school spirit. Da Fact; Lets see. Your young men play every Friday night with a good chance to win or you hope you can win 2 games next year. If Richland had 30 young men on the field Sat. night in Cookeville I'm pretty sure their school spirit could be heard in Cornersville. Besides you still have the junior high program.

Rehashing some comments here.

Money spent or needed. Major preventive maintenance needed on equipment, stadium and facilities. Positions and salaries for coaches and assistants. (They are looking for a HC but they will need at least 4 GOOD assistants to be successful). Money$ Money$ Money$

Now for the BEST reason to co-op. Finally after 31 years Giles County boys could kneel down mid-field, holding hands as one, reciting The Lords Prayer after pulling together as one team. What an example this would be for those who hold the elected positions in our county that continually attempt to segregate us based on what school we are a alumnus of. :wacko:

you are right money does make some differnts and getting help to but every school wants there on teams and OC would be good for the boys but I think the county needs to help all the schools to have the best teams in the county and it can be done if everyone helps out not just a few but getting every one on board is hard to do but getting a new coach for richland is a start

you are right money does make some differnts and getting help to but every school wants there on teams and OC would be good for the boys but I think the county needs to help all the schools to have the best teams in the county and it can be done if everyone helps out not just a few but getting every one on board is hard to do but getting a new coach for richland is a start

I agree with you about wanting their own teams. I strongly believe that this is the crossroad for Richland football. I would like to at least see open discussion among school board members, commissioners, & parents about this issue. Bring it out in the open for gosh sakes. Typical Giles way of doing things. Decide outcome behind closed doors with no open debate or discussions and put it out there. If the powers that be would just openly discuss it.

There is no money, especially new monies. It is not about just hiring a new head coach. Richland would have to hire at least 3 assistants to help him. Is there 4 teaching slots open at Richland? If not a new HC hasn't got a chance. I would expect OC would be the first to tell you that without his assistants Giles would have been 2 and 8 and he would be fighting for the Alabama State Championship as head dude at another school!

Please understand I want only the best for all Giles County children. Classroom to sports and everything in between. Just openly discuss the issues. Get the best ideas. Put aside personal agendas. There should be more examples where a "co-op" system would benefit everybody from education standards to tennis.

how would it help all giles kids if the kids at richland had to drive to pulaski to play ball the only way it would work for richland kids is if you close the high school and bus them to giles county school so they could get the same time in with the team it seams to me they are wanting all the money to stay at one school the money is there just look at the new football field other countys have more than one football team and make it work and richland will make it they all ready have some coachs just need a head coach and they be ready to go