What to expect in Greeneville against Notre Dame

CHAMPDDS

I agree with Big G that this should be the game of the tournament. I am really looking forward to watching it. Greeneville's back line looked strong and I know ND's line is strong. Greeneville will need to figure out how to handle bigger midfielders.

You are right. This maybe the deciding factor as although Greeneville plays physical - they are not BIG and physical (except in GK position)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go LADY IRISH !

What's next? . . . Break the "Final Four" curse,

Make it to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP match

You have skill, strength, and stamina, add confidence, extreme focus, and HEART and you will be there

It's a long road to get here, don't wait for another year - JUST DO IT! now

Best of luck to the Lady Irish Team !

YOU DID IT!!!!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!! BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

So very, very, very, happy for the Lady Irish Soccer Team, Coaches, Families, and NDHS.

The "CURSE" is broken and you have made HISTORY. Only the 3rd Lady Irish Team to ever make it to the State Championship Match (1988, 1993, and NOW 2009, not since 1993, 16 years ago)

All the Lady Irish, past and present, just gotta be so proud of the The Lady Irish Soccer PROGRAM.

The Best of Luck in the Final.

Greeneville's team is mostly Juniors (3 Seniors on the team -1 is a starter) who played extensively last year in AAA competition so they are seasoned. Also they have been playing together on the club team for several years. They are also carrying with them the hopes of all those previous AAA Greeneville teams which seemed get just so close to getting to States only to lose a close one to Bearden, Farragut or OR in Sectionals. They are on a mission. It should be a very good game. Good luck to both teams.

yes, greeneville has only one senior starter, due to the fact that one has mono, and the other broke her fibula early in the season and has been out the rest of the season. There should be a little more credit for the seniors who have made it all 4 years on this team and have helped this team make history.

The "CURSE" is broken and you have made HISTORY. Only the 3rd Lady Irish Team to ever make it to the State Championship Match (1988, 1993, and NOW 2009, not since 1993, 16 years ago)

Just wanted to confirm what my daughter told me...that the 'curse' is that Coach Schermerhorn has had four losses in the quarterfinals and 4 in the semi-finals, but this is his first advancement to the championship ? Does that sound right ?

He looked absolutely thrilled after the game, you could tell he was happy !!!!

D :thumb:

I bet Coach, and everyone was THRILLED. It has been a long road/many years to get to the State Final.

I/we personally witnessed quarterfinal losses in 2003 and 2004 (Division II classification),

and the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 semifinal losses (Class A/AA classification) which become more heart wrenching as each year went by. Prior to that I do not know the exact history.

So to me, this is finally a step forward, and I wish the Lady Irish all the determination they have in them to have a great STATE FINAL and "bring it home". God Bless you all.