Knoxville Basketball

only1coach

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut did not play to win. They rotated everyone in. Greeneville went 3-0

hhmmmm......East played 11 deep against Farragut and 21 deep against west greene but they still played to win :roflol: i dont get the didnt play to win thing :roflolk:

A quick and neutral observation

I stayed and watched the Farragut vs. Morristown East game and I think Morristown east probably had about 40 team fouls for the game, however the format of the scrimmage has foul shots only shot in the last minute. The officials seemed to get tired of constantly calling fouls.

I would think playing to get better is different than playing to win in a scrimmage, Its probably not great for a team to hack and smack and grab in a scrimmage just because the officials arent calling it because its a scrimmage, yeah you will win that game, but what will happen in the regular season.

Bearden never cares if it wins scrimmages or not..we play a lot of people and try to get them read for the season and the girls seem to play the same no matter the scrimmage format

Trottercoach,

I didn't even know Farragut played Mo East. I know they played Greeneville and the JV played half the game. I guess if their coach plans to sit his best 5 half the game while playing his JV half the game all season then he did play to win.

I watched Mo West beat Oak Ridge by 20. They had 10 girls on the bench. He played 7 girls until the last 2 minutes, and never did put one girl in the game. That, is playing to win.

If your coach played 21 girls against a team and LOST I wouldn't consider that playing to win. The girls that are playing at the time are playing to win but not the coach. Most coaches in scrimmages are trying to work on things but also look at players to evaluate.

Thanks for side-tracking the thread! lol

Farragut did not play to win. They rotated everyone in. Greeneville went 3-0

hhmmmm......East played 11 deep against Farragut and 21 deep against west greene but they still played to win :blush: i dont get the didnt play to win thing :blink:

A quick and neutral observation

I stayed and watched the Farragut vs. Morristown East game and I think Morristown east probably had about 40 team fouls for the game, however the format of the scrimmage has foul shots only shot in the last minute. The officials seemed to get tired of constantly calling fouls.

I would think playing to get better is different than playing to win in a scrimmage, Its probably not great for a team to hack and smack and grab in a scrimmage just because the officials arent calling it because its a scrimmage, yeah you will win that game, but what will happen in the regular season.

Bearden never cares if it wins scrimmages or not..we play a lot of people and try to get them read for the season and the girls seem to play the same no matter the scrimmage format

Quick and neutral?............40 team fouls? really 40?.....how's the ocean front property in townsend selling

:blink::blush: this really is going to be a fun year :ugeek:

yes. william blount beat cocke co and halls at heritage last saturday. both games were very close. clinton looked good in beating cocke co by 2 and seymour by 1. heritage is still gonna be tough- they beat sevier co by double digits and lost a very close game to morristown west(absolutely loaded). burnett from heritage looks to have improved in every facet of her game.