Shelbyville and 8AAA

TIDEFAN

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCHS Lady Cats just about has to be team to beat in 8aaa. It's a toss-up after that. I think S'ville will always be there year in and year out. Lincoln Co. will be a hill every team will also have to climb. Franklin Co. sure has a lot of girls. Everyone else in 8aaa has sorta been quiet. Excluding any major injuries, all roads to the district should be patrolled by Trooper Scott of the Lady Cats.

• 2 months later...

No doubt Lawrence Co. lady cats. If they can get a win against Shelbyville this Friday night at Shelbyville,no doubt they will win the district. You have to worry about them a little come regional tournament time though due to the weak district. The best team they have played this year is Blackman, and they have lost to them on multiple occasions. That being said, I do like the Lady Cats to make a deep run this year, because i don't believe they have "peaked" as a team yet, especially with the youth they put on the floor. Oh, yeah, and having one of the top basketball players in the state in Jordyn Luffman never hurts either. :popcorneater:

The way I see it as of last night.

1. Lawrence Co

2. Shelbyville

3. Linclon Co

4. Columbia

5. Franklin Co

6. Tullahoma

I do not think things will change with either Shelbyville Winning or Losing Friday night. All it will give them is a win before they go into the tournament over Lawrence Co. Now places 3-5 could change with games coming up. With schedule as follows:

Linclon Co has Columbia and Franklin Co left

Columbia has Linclon Co and Lawrence Co left

Franklin Co has Tullahoma and Linclon Co left

Shelbyville is going to play hard Friday night I'm sure. Some of their fans and others have looked down on Shelbyville this year. Yes Lawrence Co has Luffman, Gilbert and others but what I have seen out of Shelbyville they have heart that others do not see. Janie Graves will lay it on the line for Shelbyville (She may not be the best player in the district (But close) or State but she Will play hard all game and be a good team Player) even with others feel different :excl: . Kelsie Smith has come a long ways this season at the post (She feels better at Wing I think). Katlin will shoot well at times. Keely Sales is starting to find her game with this group. Johnson is real quick at point.

Now these girls are not what this district nor the Shelbyville fans are custom to seeing on the court but they have Heart. They have not given up on themselves like some fans have. So Please do not count them out now or during the tournament. :excl:

Good Luck to ALL District 8AAA Teams :roflol:

As an observation, Shelbyville deserves consideration no matter what you might think of its program. Its coach deserves respect in what has become a very tough season. Nobody much seems happy. But this time of the year reflects on next. Outwardly sniping by fans will nt help and not seen in recent years and portends dicipline problems. Winning a few games will help that. Shelbyville will be back.

It was a good game from start to finish. If you look at the box score the team leaders matched each other. It was the other players that made the difference in the end for their team. If we could have hit a free throw or a 3 pointer things could have end up different.

Maybe we can do what they did to us last year in the tournament. :lol:

Thanks to each team for a great show :thumb::o

Congrats to Lawrence Co. I think they can go undefeated in the season. They have one more game

It was a good game from start to finish. If you look at the box score the team leaders matched each other. It was the other players that made the difference in the end for their team. If we could have hit a free throw or a 3 pointer things could have end up different.

Maybe we can do what they did to us last year in the tournament. :lol:

Thanks to each team for a great show :thumb::o

Congrats to Lawrence Co. I think they can go undefeated in the season. They have one more game

Are you talking about regular season or district? No doubt they can run the table in the district, but they have two regular season losses.