Lipscomb @ Giles Official Thread prediction

likearock

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what High School Football is all about. I love the Giles vs. Lipscomb rivalry and last years game was the best one yet. Both teams will be hungry and ready to play. It doesnt matter what happened in the past its all about this year and I am sure both teams know this. As usual in playoff football the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. Every yard will be earned. I really hope on the board that conversation can be focused on the game and players. I really hope this year no insults regarding religion. christianity, and public private will taint the conversation. Looking forward to a close one. I'm taking the stangs in a war by a field goal.

This is what High School Football is all about. I love the Giles vs. Lipscomb rivalry and last years game was the best one yet. Both teams will be hungry and ready to play. It doesn't matter what happened in the past its all about this year and I am sure both teams know this. As usual in playoff football the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. Every yard will be earned. I really hope on the board that conversation can be focused on the game and players. I really hope this year no insults regarding religion. christianity, and public private will taint the conversation. Looking forward to a close one. I'm taking the stangs in a war by a field goal.

Great post. No reason for any Giles fan to complain period. As the last 4 years have slowly educated to the fact that DL does NOT have any advantage in personnel. Actually, in most cases Giles may have had superior athletes at most times. With that being said, DL players focus is on responsibility and playing with heart. Now, Giles has that intensity and commitment combined with an excellent experienced coaching staff. I think its ironic that these two teams actually mirror each other on game night. Both do their talking on the field and nothings left when the horn sounds. Neither team will quit!

I think the game again will depend on Giles defense. Many teams have a preferred style of offense. They live or die by the run or the pass. Giles offense takes what the defense gives. I doubt there is a more balanced team in any classification. If DL punts 3 times, Giles wins.

:roflolk:

Heck. I'm going to the store right this minute. No buying cheap generic milk this week...I need to buy Purity. Those big yellow jugs are great. I can almost see (ugh..hear) it now! I'm excited...that is fired-up!

-snd

Save your money, those jugs will be like jugs on a boar hog, useless. With the band playing, the stereo blasting, and the airhorns blowing , they wont be heard, we dont want to have to pick those jugs up from THE BRICKYARD to I65. all in fun.

Compare Giles's Schedule and Lipscomb's. BIG difference in talent. Lipscomb will be the first skilled/talented/ team Giles has seen all season...

Nice to see new experts arrive on the scene. I have already forwarded your 2nd post EVER to tssaa. There has been a lot of discussion over the last seven days concerning the new playoff format. Who would have known that a new member of CoachT on their second post ever would identify the problem. 7 teams with NO SKILL or TALENT were placed in the brackets. If you would have only told us Friday 7 teams on Giles schedule would not have played! Think of the electricity we could have saved! Speak up boy when you have important information like this! :thumb:

Compare Giles's Schedule and Lipscomb's. BIG difference in talent. Lipscomb will be the first skilled/talented/ team Giles has seen all season...

Nice to see new experts arrive on the scene. I have already forwarded your 2nd post EVER to tssaa. There has been a lot of discussion over the last seven days concerning the new playoff format. Who would have known that a new member of CoachT on their second post ever would identify the problem. 7 teams with NO SKILL or TALENT were placed in the brackets. If you would have only told us Friday 7 teams on Giles schedule would not have played! Think of the electricity we could have saved! Speak up boy when you have important information like this! :lol:

Im glad your trying to make a smart comment to boost self esteem. Although the number of times a person posts has has nothing at all to do with how smart or dumb they are. Stating that fact to inform you and other Giles people to not too ahead of yourself this friday night. Have a good day sir. Never really saw the point of trying to pick on people on the web. It sure looks cool though dry.gif

I am not "picking" on you personally. I am "picking at" your ideology that Cookeville, Lawrence County, Spring Hill, Page, and even Shelbyville could not be competitive in DL's district. I am also pretty sure long time David Lipscomb fans will tell you they have a little respect for Giles program now. As I have stated before; Giles has not won anything yet but we are working toward it. Giles will be competitive, in any district you choose. :lol:

This will be another great battle.But then again who knows?Could be another blowout.

I wouldnt bet on that either.DL has somehow,someway,every year,found a way to win

these games.If GC is to get the win they must not make more than one mistake and that may

be too many.Giles gets an edge at home but Lipscomb gets an edge in never lossing to GC.

Both teams have it all,speed,talent,confidence,coaching,ect.ect.Who will it be?Could go either way.

Giles gets an edge in a better win/loss record,Lipscomb gets an edge in playing a tougher

schedule.Who will it be? :lol:

Finally I may see another decent football game. :lol:

Lets go Cats, but either way I will still pull for the winner.

Nice post, Dedicated. I am a long time Mustang fan and will be rooting hard for our boys to advance to Round 3. However, if GC pulls out the win I hope they will go on to be State Champs.