York at Goodpasture (2nd round of playoffs)

GOODPASTURE

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so sensative GOODPASTURE? I just asked where the kids were from? If you're going to write big long posts about how proud you are of the players and Goodpastures' traditions, surely you can tell me where they're from...or can you not?

Wow, how you like to turn the conversation from talking about young men playing football! I am not ducking where they are from. I am proud of where our boys are from. I did not know that I had to justify to you were each kid is from! It seemed to me like you were trying to shift the conversation to something other than football. Are you?

Good one Big Reid....somebody sounds GUILTY!!!

All goodpasture fans are guilty of something, mainly being trash. Bet they keep metro cops busy in the stands. I heard they need 5 or 6 officers at most home games to control the parents.

I love the way you blanket sterotype! Just keep making verbal jabs. I am sure everyone is proud of the way you represent yourself and your community. I feel sorry for the good hearted people who do live in your community, because you are giving them a bad name by your words! You should think before you post! But it is easy to make accusations behind a computer with no facts, just slander.

I hear the talk around Jamestown is the Dragons are going to whip up on Goodpasture. They say Goodpasture got lucky beating a weak Grundy County team last friday, and York is going to show them how a good public school can play and win football.

We will see if eveyone in Jamestown is right! Here at Goodpasture, we will just play the game and see what happens. I hope that everyone makes the trip safely, and I hope all the players are healthy before and after the game!

All goodpasture fans are guilty of something, mainly being trash. Bet they keep metro cops busy in the stands. I heard they need 5 or 6 officers at most home games to control the parents.

Wow, you have no class!

gpcougar fan, crawl back into your dumpster.

York better get ready for the late hits and dirty play on the field, and the parents in the parking lot as well.

You continue to impress! Is this thread about young men playing playoff high school football, or has this turned become about you taking jabs at people that do not deserve it?

Sorry I did not respond earlier, I was working. It really bothers me that so many people make the type of statements that have been made on this thread! This is suppose to be about football. This is not suppose to be about making slanderous statements to get a "rise" out of someone! I hope the people who are posting on York's behalf are not involved with the York program! Does it have to turn into a "private vs public" or asking people where they are from? What does that matter? What does that have to do with Friday nights game? I just dont understand!

To all the Goodpasture players that do read this thread, work hard, and continue to improve! We are all so proud of you, and we wish you the best of luck Friday! I know you boys can accomplish great things this year if you keep your priorities in check! Let your actions do your talking. To York, good luck and I hope you arrive and return safely Friday night!

Sorry I did not respond earlier, I was working. It really bothers me that so many people make the type of statements that have been made on this thread! This is suppose to be about football. This is not suppose to be about making slanderous statements to get a "rise" out of someone! I hope the people who are posting on York's behalf are not involved with the York program! Does it have to turn into a "private vs public" or asking people where they are from? What does that matter? What does that have to do with Friday nights game? I just dont understand!

Unfortunately....it will always be a public/private debate. I have no horse in this race (yet) other than hoping York does well in representing the district. What does it matter?? The thing is most small country schools have to play the hand they are dealt. Ever been to Jamestown?? Very few move in there. 99% of their player were born there, and grew up together. I'm not so sure GP can say the same, I don't know, maybe they can....but there seems to be a large number that go to school there from other areas. If they didn't go to a private school, where would they be zoned and playing ball?? APPEARS to give an unfair advantage....true or not.

Unfortunately....it will always be a public/private debate. I have no horse in this race (yet) other than hoping York does well in representing the district. What does it matter?? The thing is most small country schools have to play the hand they are dealt. Ever been to Jamestown?? Very few move in there. 99% of their player were born there, and grew up together. I'm not so sure GP can say the same, I don't know, maybe they can....but there seems to be a large number that go to school there from other areas. If they didn't go to a private school, where would they be zoned and playing ball?? APPEARS to give an unfair advantage....true or not.

Thank you. I do understand your point. I do understand that there are certain people that will never let the "private vs public" thing go. I do understand community pride, but what I do not understand is the way the posters take verbal jabs on a personnal level. Is that necessary? What does that accomplish? Most of the Goodpasture boys grew up going to Goodpasture elementary. Only a few come from a distance. So what does that mean? Is it wrong for some families to send there kids to private school? TSSAA makes the rules. We have a qualifier. Is it perfect, no. The team in 3A that has the biggest advantage is Alcoa. They are public, and they have an open district. And I say good for them! What we are talking about is not football! People are upset about this or that, fine, I get it! But does that justify what I have been reading on this post? Think about it! What type of example are setting for the kids when you post this way? And believe me, all the boys read the posts about there respective school!