York at Goodpasture (2nd round of playoffs)

GOODPASTURE

Good one Big Reid....somebody sounds GUILTY!!!

All goodpasture fans are guilty of something, mainly being trash. Bet they keep metro cops busy in the stands. I heard they need 5 or 6 officers at most home games to control the parents.

My experience both as a player and a fan with Goodpasture was nothing but positive. Good luck Friday night Cougars!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so sensative GOODPASTURE? I just asked where the kids were from? If you're going to write big long posts about how proud you are of the players and Goodpastures' traditions, surely you can tell me where they're from...or can you not?

Bigreid most all of our players come from a little town called Carthage, folks tell me thats why Smith County is so weak, but hopefully we will get the chance to see just how weak they are next friday nite.

Why so sensative GOODPASTURE? I just asked where the kids were from? If you're going to write big long posts about how proud you are of the players and Goodpastures' traditions, surely you can tell me where they're from...or can you not?

Bigreid most all of our players come from a little town called Carthage, folks tell me thats why Smith County is so weak, but hopefully we will get the chance to see just how weak they are next friday nite.

Your right, if you had 5-6 of them Carthage boys...you sure would be tough. But ain't no private gonna let bib overall, knee high hand-me-down-wearing, shoeless boys in their school. They ain't even got a place for them to tie up their mules. Weak??? Your right again. Little ole weak team that finished 2nd in a weak district. They didn't send but 5 out of 6 to the playoffs....and 4 out of 5 are still playing. Yep.Weak. Sure wish we could have won a game or two. I hate getting to the 2nd round on the pity vote. :popcorneater:

I don't know why all you guys have your little panties in a wad over who came from where and the it's not fair blah blah blah.

Alcoa will show everyone who their daddy is on Dec. 4

You need to just go ahead and watch basketball then. If nobody can play with Alcoa what's the point of even watching, posting or caring. You really don't/can't appreciate what high school football is all about.

Sorry I did not respond earlier, I was working. It really bothers me that so many people make the type of statements that have been made on this thread! This is suppose to be about football. This is not suppose to be about making slanderous statements to get a "rise" out of someone! I hope the people who are posting on York's behalf are not involved with the York program! Does it have to turn into a "private vs public" or asking people where they are from? What does that matter? What does that have to do with Friday nights game? I just dont understand!

Unfortunately....it will always be a public/private debate. I have no horse in this race (yet) other than hoping York does well in representing the district. What does it matter?? The thing is most small country schools have to play the hand they are dealt. Ever been to Jamestown?? Very few move in there. 99% of their player were born there, and grew up together. I'm not so sure GP can say the same, I don't know, maybe they can....but there seems to be a large number that go to school there from other areas. If they didn't go to a private school, where would they be zoned and playing ball?? APPEARS to give an unfair advantage....true or not.

This I must disagree with. About half of their people move there, it's just that that half are retired 60+ people who want to live the remainder of their lives in the pretty country. And, as for the boys, I don't know of one myself that has moved there within the last four years that plays. All I know have been there their entire lives. And GOODPASTURE, just chill. People will always be slanderous, it's just their ways. No need to get defensive and provoke them even more even though you aren't trying to. Just show up to the game, and if it goes the way you think, you can say "I told you so". Best of luck... GO DRAGONS!!!!

Talk about York all you want but id be carefull talking about Smith Co. or your apt to have a whole district breathing down your neck next week if GP wins and Smith wins. We small counrty teams support each other in the playoffs. Smith May be small but they can put a wooping on alot of teams. They have a long history of making it pretty far into the playoffs. I dont have much of a dog in this fight besides York being in LA's district but yall have gotten COMPELETLY OFF TOPIC!!! Ths thread should be about the Game in a few days NOT about weather one school is privite and the other public. They all play the same sport with the same rules. May the best team win!