Mitchell at Lawrence County

catbacker33

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder why all the other #1 seeds are getting the pleasure of playing the 2 toughest teams in their quadrant in round 1 & 2 as LC has. Mitchell has a score ratio of 388-158. C'mont is a really good team as well. I noticed that a lot of first round games were blowouts simply because of the amount of far lesser teams involved. Not so here in this part of the bracket. LC will definitely have to do a better job of play calling in the last 4 mins of the game this Fri. nite. The C'mont game should've and could've ended 12-0. LC will also have to win the TO stat to win. We also have to have enough discipline to refrain from what ever the heck it was causing all the 15yd personal foul penalties. It will be a hard game to win, hope it rains like crazy b4 and during the game. Go (Mudcats) Wildcats.

Game recap, anybody?

Thanks.

I am riding and typing, so it may be messy, what a game. First, if our defense play this bad next week , we had a great season. LC would drop 8 on defense which they should have changed in 2nd half. If you cant cover then send heat. The score at the end of the half and the opening drive of the 2nd half decided the game. Mitchell adjusted their defense the second half and that stopped the long runs. We walked the SS to the line of scrimmage and that slowed them down. TraderB you were correct our WR'S were free all night. LC had one of the best running games i have seen in a long time. That is a short recap, hard to type in this car, will give more detais later.

I am riding and typing, so it may be messy, what a game. First, if our defense play this bad next week , we had a great season. LC would drop 8 on defense which they should have changed in 2nd half. If you cant cover then send heat. The score at the end of the half and the opening drive of the 2nd half decided the game. Mitchell adjusted their defense the second half and that stopped the long runs. We walked the SS to the line of scrimmage and that slowed them down. TraderB you were correct our WR'S were free all night. LC had one of the best running games i have seen in a long time. That is a short recap, hard to type in this car, will give more detais later.

Galilee,

Congratulations to your Mitchell Tigers on a big, convincing victory!!!

Thanks for posting the 4-1-1 about the game's key moments. I look forward to reading your additional game-comments, and seeing the final stats.

Next week at Melrose figures to be another barn-burner! As you correctly stated, Mitchell MUST play better next week, or else..........

I hope that you all make it home safely!!!!

-----------------------------

Good game Lawrence County.

Mitchell Offense was outstanding.I think the difference was the Mitchell QB's ability to escape pressure and avoid negtative plays.More than once he escaped a certain sack and turned plays into positive yardage.If Mitchell can find some resemblance of a defense and special teams,They will win the 5A state championship.Their offense is that good.Lawrence county played a terrific offensive game,they were just out-manned on defense.Mitchell's offens showed what SEC caliber players should look like vs.Average or slightly above average High school playewrs.There,s no simulation for that kind of speed in practice,no substitue for that kind of speed in a game.GREAT GAME! Hats off to both teams.

Mitchell Offense was outstanding.I think the difference was the Mitchell QB's ability to escape pressure and avoid negtative plays.More than once he escaped a certain sack and turned plays into positive yardage.If Mitchell can find some resemblance of a defense and special teams,They will win the 5A state championship.Their offense is that good.Lawrence county played a terrific offensive game,they were just out-manned on defense.Mitchell's offens showed what SEC caliber players should look like vs.Average or slightly above average High school playewrs.There,s no simulation for that kind of speed in practice,no substitue for that kind of speed in a game.GREAT GAME! Hats off to both teams.

Thanks for the info, Rattler8285.

It sounds like the fans got treated to a great, exciting game! Unfortunately, somebody had to lose.

------------------------------------------------

As for Mitchell, I just want to interject some critical points here:

1) From your comments, it seems that Mitchell's combined speed and passing game simply overwhelmed Lawrence County (no disrespect intended).

2) Mitchell's "speed" is a virtual non-factor vs its fellow Memphis teams-- because they all possess it, pretty much the same. They see everyday in practice, and play against it every week. Additionally, many Mphs teams pass the ball a bunch .......

3) This is why Mitchell MUST execute and play a WHOLE lot better--on both sides of the ball, in order to get past Melrose (That game will be played at Melrose on the sparkling new, fast-track turf field. I expect lots of fireworks and big-plays in that game).

4) Mitchell and Melrose are two very similar teams. Melrose is just a bit more balanced, offensively, and plays better defense. Mitchell is more explosive.

5) It will be very interesting to see how Gallatin/Beech is able to cope with the speed and passing game of Mitchell/Melrose and the outright explosiveness of Mitchell.

---------------------------------

Congratulations on an excellent season, Lawrence County. :roflol: