Mitchell at Lawrence County

catbacker33

Galilee, according to the Mitchell roster on here, you guys have a player, #57 Donavan Robinsin, that is 6'2 420 lbs. Is that legit!?!?!?!? :hungry::popcorneater:

As for this game, Mitchell is too explosive and is headed back to play for a state championship. I talked to someone that was at the Mitchell/North Side game and they said Mitchell is unreal. I was told that Keiwone Malone catches everything thrown his direction. North Side was actually a pretty solid team this year compared to years past! Don't let the score of that game make you think that North Side wasn't any good because they were talented and well coached this year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is about 380 now and he plugs the middle.

That's a big ole boy!!!

I really want to watch ya'll play this year, especially Keiwone. Mitchell gave Catholic everything they wanted in the state championship last year. If I remember right, Keiwone had a great game against Catholic. I'll be at all of the state championships this year so Mitchell better make it!!! Good Luck to your boys!

Just watched some tape on LC and they are very good. Their execution on offense is a thing of beauty. We will have to bring it Friday night. It will be a battle.

Galiliee, you still in Pittsburgh?? ..Ill go with Mitchell too ..too may weapons..

To LC fans K.Malone is an artist at work pass-catching .//Ive marvelled watching him the past 2 seasons.. //also if they need a free timeout they'll fake a player hurt that will come back in one play later..if refs arent watching too closely he'll stay in //

He is about 380 now and he plugs the middle.

Galilee ... I'm sorry I missed you at the Whitehaven/Mitchell game earlier this year but it is good to see all of the District 16 teams doing so well in the 1st round. You already know that I am pulling for those Mitchell Tigers!

Represent!

Wonder why all the other #1 seeds are getting the pleasure of playing the 2 toughest teams in their quadrant in round 1 & 2 as LC has. Mitchell has a score ratio of 388-158. C'mont is a really good team as well. I noticed that a lot of first round games were blowouts simply because of the amount of far lesser teams involved. Not so here in this part of the bracket. LC will definitely have to do a better job of play calling in the last 4 mins of the game this Fri. nite. The C'mont game should've and could've ended 12-0. LC will also have to win the TO stat to win. We also have to have enough discipline to refrain from what ever the heck it was causing all the 15yd personal foul penalties. It will be a hard game to win, hope it rains like crazy b4 and during the game. Go (Mudcats) Wildcats.

Wonder why all the other #1 seeds are getting the pleasure of playing the 2 toughest teams in their quadrant in round 1 & 2 as LC has. Mitchell has a score ratio of 388-158. C'mont is a really good team as well. I noticed that a lot of first round games were blowouts simply because of the amount of far lesser teams involved. Not so here in this part of the bracket. LC will definitely have to do a better job of play calling in the last 4 mins of the game this Fri. nite. The C'mont game should've and could've ended 12-0. LC will also have to win the TO stat to win. We also have to have enough discipline to refrain from what ever the heck it was causing all the 15yd personal foul penalties. It will be a hard game to win, hope it rains like crazy b4 and during the game. Go (Mudcats) Wildcats.

This bracket is much better than the ones you've been in the last 23 years!

anything on mitchell?

They have several players who will be playing on Saturdays, on major network tv, in the next year or so. They have speed, power, and size. Their right tackle is the biggest high school football player I have personally ever seen. Great qb who throws a tight pass, receivers with great hands who run outstanding routes, and did I mention speed? They play defense too and they hit like a mack truck. One very clean hit took out the Northside qb and he lay on the ground in the fetal position for a couple of minutes. He was knocked into next week. It was the type of hit I call a "Butkus"! They were up three touchdowns on Northside in the first 1:29 of the GAME!!!!!! They are disciplined and very well organized too. Did I mention that they have speed, power, and size?

Also, if they brind their band along, they are worth the price of admission by themselves.

Mitchell is the best team that I have personally seen play this season.

I hope someone from Mitchell will send me a check now. But, I saw what I saw last night.

I haven't seen either team play. After the game against JNS i listen to the post game show. They were basically saying the same thing you said. The commentator said he didn't see anyone beating Mitchell! They had it all and would no doubt be the team to beat!

I have followed Lawrence County very closely this year and have had the pleasure of seeing some very good football teams. I however have not seen any teams from the West other than Craigmont. I for one think Craigmont had a very good football team and if not for mistakes they could have won. That being said, I also saw LCHS make mistakes that they normally don't make. Was it the talent level they were playing that played a major role in those mistakes, Probably! I look for this to be a better game than what most realize. I am sure LCHS will make adjustments to Mitchell's strengths. Anyone that thinks any team that is still in the second level of any state tournament is not a good team is crazy! I have seen teams that had a better team get beat by lesser teams and so forth. Lots of times its just matchups that win and lose games. As far as coaching goes, I for one don't think teams east of Memphis has better coaches! I have never seen a coach drop a pass, throw an interception, miss a block, etc. These are kids and kids make mistakes. This is for GoChiefs: I read what you wrote about your kids being disappointed after the game against LCHS and I would like to say for them to hold their heads high! The kids played a great game and the coaches did a great job giving them a chance to win late in the ballgame. That defense is very good!!. I also read about the fighting and suspensions that happened. We don't have that sort of distractions and can't imagine having to coach around those type issues day in and day out. In parting, I would like to welcome the Mitchell fans to Lawrence County and I would be very surprised to hear that they were mistreated in any way! I for one am proud of our football team and proud of our community and fans! Go Cats :ugeek:

Thanks jvb. I agree 100% with your comments about the team and community. Every one of your players showed great class after the game. The community was very kind to us while we were there and congratulated us after the game for playing hard. If not for being a 4 hour drive, I'd be coming back there this Friday. Good luck to your team Friday

You all do know LC plays defense too. Maybe because our offense is so good you forget about the defense. Anyway the defense is only allowing 13 pts a game. Yes before you say it Mitchell is bigger, faster, and stronger just thought I would beat you to your line. Seems to be a reacurring theme.

Mitchell's first two possessions will set the tone of night, IMO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that Mitchell's defense is fully capable of slowing Lawrence County's Wing-T offense, enough to prevent LC from consistently controlling the clock. This will give Mitchell's high-flying, quick-strike offense more than enough opportunities to put up sufficient points.

It's been my observation that it's far more difficult for High School kids to defend the pass, than the run. This degree of difficulty rises whenever the receivers possess more raw speed and quickness than do the defenders.

Based on all of the above, I believe that the fan's should watch these two things very closely--during Mitchell's first two posessions:

1) If LC can NOT consistently pressure Mitchell's QB, then LC will likely lose the game.

2) If Mitchell's receivers are consistently getting wide open, for whatever reason, then LC will likely lose.