EAST VS. WEST

Bean0007

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is found on http://www.thsca website:

The Tennessee High School Soccer Coaches Association along with the Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association will sponsor a Girl’s All-Star Game on Saturday, November 14, 2009 at Drakes Creek Park in Hendersonville, TN. The game will be played by all senior girls who have been nominated by their district/regional chairperson to participate. Part of that participation will be that the players coach is a member of both the Associations sponsoring the event. so if you have not signed up there is a place here on the site to do that. Nominees will be accepted and district/regional chairpersons have been notified to be on the lookout for senior talent to play in this game. Please support and recommend players as we want to showcase the best Tennessee High School soccer has for the sport.

The game will be this week at Hendersonville. See below:

THSSCA

Your Source for Information for Tennessee Soccer Coaches

Nov 11

All-Star Teams

November 11th, 2009

East vs West

All Star game

East

Carissa Sanchez ? Baylor

Taylor Cravanas D Bearden

Ashley Howarth F Bearden

Kirsten Bodker M Bearden

Stephanie Terry M Blackman

Carly O’Connell D Brentwood

Savannah Shipman GK Brentwood

Molly Johnson ? Brentwood Academy

Lauren McInturff GK Dobyns Bennett

Katie Clark M Dobyns Bennett

Katie Jones M Dobyns Bennett

Alexis Franco M Oak Ridge

Greta Jochmann M Oak Ridge

Jennifer Lee M Oak Ridge

Shelby Farmer M Smyrna

Kerbi Towry F/D Siegel

Stephanie Surgerner D Siegel

Hanah McGowan M Riverdale

Hailey McDonough ? Independence

F M D GK ?

2 9 3 2 3

West

Caty Hunter D BGA

Becca Menke D Father Ryan

Rachel Mayes M Father Ryan

Savannah Kegg M Father Ryan

Grace Stumb F Harpeth Hall

Anne Panagon F Briarcrst

Grace Hooper GK CPA

Alexis Pugh F Collierville

Allison Tutt F Collierville

Avery Martin M Collierville

Caroline Hiskey D Franklin

Taylor Mangrum GK Franklin

Morgan Zigelsky M Franklin

Tisha Blakeship F Houston

Bailey Bussard M Houston

Alex Driver M Houston

Kelsey Plummer D Hendersonville

Lanie Foutch M Hendersonville

Lauren Browning F St. Agnes

F M D GK

6 7 4 2

This is a great idea to let the seniors have one more game. I recognize many outstanding players on the list and assume they all are, but the are some equally outstanding girls missing. Are these girls committed to colleges or still looking for a chance to stay in the game? Why did some elect to not play? While this may be titled the East vs. West, without a true "all-star" team for both sides, it's hard for me to think this would be a real test of the best of the best for bragging rights. Hope the word gets out for some college coaches to attend, but this is a tough week-end for that with the playoffs starting.

I also hope they have a fun week-end and stay injury free. Who's coaching? I couldn't get the TSCA site to load.

The participants are all excellent. Several excellent players are not included. There seem to be whole teams that are ommitted. Examples from the East:

Farragut-- MC Suhocki, Lauren Ward, Morgan Brandon

West - Caitlan Cody

Notre Dame - Danielle Ciattabone (sp), Carey Lieper

CAK - Brittany Hoffman, Ruth Edmunds, Mary Thompson

Webb - Katie Proud

I think that was my point and rather than leave someone out, I won't try to name excellent seniors from the West that are not playing. Just wondering what criteria was used to select the teams. Was it on a volunteer basis. How did the word get out. I personally don't have a senior in the pool, so I'm only curious and think this could be a great post season outing for the future and maybe add additional age groups. Also, given sufficient notice and planning, a great exposure for girls and coaches looking for college opps.

My understanding is that Coaches that belong to the THSSCA were asked to nominate Senior players from their school or areas and then a roster was put together based on that. There are many outstanding Seniors that have already starting practicing with their Travel teams, etc. that probably could not make it. I know my daughter has been practicing for a week for the Texas tournament the first week of Dec. She will be attending this game but after practicing that morning with her travel team. I applaud them for starting a game like this. It should get better over the next couple of years.

I definitely agree that there are some awesome players from the West who are excluded from the list....which doesn't make sense! I would like to think that it may be that they have club conflicts for the weekend, and their club games are taking precendence.....however, if that is the case, their names should at least be listed as nominees.

If some of the players that I am thinking about were not nominated, then I would also like to get a better understanding of the criteria for the list. I also do not have a child that is a senior this year and would also hope to have a true representative team of the best of the best.

I do want to congratulate the girls that are on the list....most of which are outstanding players! I wish them a great game this weekend.

My understanding is that Coaches that belong to the THSSCA were asked to nominate Senior players from their school or areas and then a roster was put together based on that.

This is correct. ONLY coaches that belong the THSSCA can nominate players.

I am signing up next week just for that reason.

What happens after the players are nominated? Who makes the final decision on who makes the final roster? Was each coach provided the number of players that they could nominate?