Ezell Harding Opening

Ace5

• 2 weeks later...
Be ready to run Camp Cupcake. Jack Howell was asked to step down because he was too rough on the boys and punished them too harshly. You will get great support from the administration, but not any from the fans if you yell or punish.

CLEARLY this is the whole story. Howell is the Adminstration, the HS Principal, not an assitant, the Principal so according to this story he asked himself to step down. He was so rough on the players, they missed the playoffs due to a technicality and finished with the one of the best records there since Smith left. Don't forget about all the kids that quit because he was to rough on them. There is NO doubt he will give his new coach great Adminstrative support, he has more than a little interest in the FB program.

Let me try to help. He stepped down last year, as anyone in their right mind knows it is nearly impossible to be the HS principal and HFC. When he could not find a coach, he agreed to one more year. After game two while they were 2-0, he informed the School board/Committee that he would step down again at the end of the season. He made the choice 2x, but this one is not nearly as fun as he was asked to step down. Good Luck Coach Howell.

As for the questions about the job, you must be a Church of Christ member as it is a Church of Christ School. They have a good mix of athletes and have had some good sucess there. Cannot speak to the pay, but I think Coach Howell would be a good guy to work for and would get you off to a great start into the transition.

Jack Howell is a stand-up coach. He runs a tight ship and he went from 0-10, to 1-9, to 5-5. He shouldn't have had to step down, but you are right he wanted to the year before with the pressures of Principal and HC. Word is he was getting alot of negativity from parents on his punishment tactics. Good luck to Ezell and it's young men. I would say good luck to Jack, but he doesn't need it!

• 2 weeks later...

Anbody think Scott Smith's resignation at Science Hill and the Ezell opening have anything to do with each other? He had success there once with the current principal on his staff. I know he went to greener pastures, but he had success there and maybe he wants to recreate some of that. Just a thought, it probably won't happen, but Ezell fans should hope it does!