Warren County, New Coach, New District !!

14pioneers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several new faces on the team. Look for some sophomores to help that was on last years freshmen team. Going to miss Jaylan Mount (moved) and his inside play. Beat Trousdale Co. yesterday in Cannon Co. Jamboree. Plenty of speed, but need to work on shooting and turnovers. GO PIONEERS!

Yes nitro we will miss Jaylan the team looked good against Trousdale at times I think part of the turnovers are because we aren't use to playing together yet that will improve with time. Shooting I hope will also they shot better than that last year . The running this summer looked like it paid off in the last part of the game sat. Oakland tonight Go PIONEERS !!!!!!

I thought the game was gonna go on forever !!!! Soooo many fouls and sooooo many fouls that were not called, but a good win. I thought the top 40 atheletes of-all time in Pioneer history, was a nice touch, however, I was amazed of some who were left off . Did anyone else, see something, quite disturbing about the top 40 :bored: ???

I believe you are talking about Jamie "Cat" Walker. I can't believe it was an oversight, so I don't know what happened. One of the best pitchers if not the best to come out of Warren Co. In the Austin Peay Hall of Fame and long time major league pitcher who pitched in the ALCS a few years ago. Knowing Cat, he may have declined wanting someone else recognized. Anyway, thanks to all that organized this event. I know from being in charge of recognizing the 1974 football team this year that alot of time and effort goes into these events.

Prepare your butts off for Tuesday night Pioneers. Dekalb Co. has a good team and will be ready!

Dekalb did great tonight in their win over Warren. 83-63. 3-0 keep it up.

DCHS Teams 3-0 after Beating Warren County

The DeKalb County Lady Tigers battled their border rivals from Warren County to a double overtime win Tuesday night to run their record to 3-0 on the young basketball season.

The Lady Pioneers led 12 to 10 after the first period and held a three point edge on DeKalb County at the half 22 to 19. The Lady Tigers took a 44 to 41 lead at the end of the third period, but Warren County pulled even with DeKalb County in the fourth and the score at the end of regulation was 49-49. Each team scored seven points in the first overtime and the score was tied at 56-56. In the second overtime, the Lady Tigers took the lead on a Mecedes Luna three pointer and with Cynthia Woodwards free throws, DeKalb County held off the Lady Pioneers to win 63 to 59.

Cynthia Woodward led the team in scoring with 22 points. Kristina Stephens had 15 points, Alex Meadows 11, Mecedes Luna 9, Martha Webb 4, and Morgan Page with 2 points.

The Tigers also remain perfect at 3-0 after knocking off the Pioneers Tuesday night 83 to 63.

DeKalb County jumped out to a 22 to 13 lead by the end of the first period and led by six at the half 44 to 38. The Pioneers trailed by only four points 59 to 55 by the close of the third quarter but the Tigers exploded for 24 points in the fourth period and won 83 to 63.

Destry Wiggins paced the Tigers in scoring with 20 points. Hunter Poteete had 13. Payne Denman and Seth Willoughby each had 12. Abram Edwards 10. Zach Neal 6 and Daniel Stanley and Sonni Young each scored 5 points.

DeKalb County will participate in the Cannon County Thanksgiving Classic Friday and Saturday in Woodbury.

The Lady Tigers will take on Bledsoe County for the second time within a week starting at 1:30 p.m. and the Tigers will rematch the Warriors at 3:00 p.m.

On Saturday morning the Lady Tigers will meet Hickman County at 9:00 a.m. followed by the Tigers and Hickman County at 10:30 a.m.

WJLE will broadcast those games LIVE.

• 2 weeks later...