SBEC Head Coaching Position

Ace5

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What offense and defense does the Trojans run? Why is the coach leaving? Returning players? Coaching staff? Could someone bring some of their own assistants in?

I believe that recently, they have ran a wide open passing offense. The coach, who is that AD and basketball coach as well was quoted as saying it was time to move on. He has been there for a long time. Most of his family has worked there although a couple of them went else where a year or two ago. Do not know much about players or coaches that will be retained.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything about who SBEC is hiring or if they have hired anyone. They have known since about two or three games left in the season that Veazy was leaving and now he has been hired at Lewisburg And they posted on TSSAA about the job around the first of November. Surely they will have a coach in house before the holidays are over so the incoming coach can get the weight program running and start implementing new philosophies when school resumes in Jan. which could or could not be an issue since Veazy was there for twenty years because the only coach the kids at SBEC has ever known was Coach Veazy. Can anyone shine any light on this situation

Has anyone heard anything about who SBEC is hiring or if they have hired anyone. They have known since about two or three games left in the season that Veazy was leaving and now he has been hired at Lewisburg And they posted on TSSAA about the job around the first of November. Surely they will have a coach in house before the holidays are over so the incoming coach can get the weight program running and start implementing new philosophies when school resumes in Jan. which could or could not be an issue since Veazy was there for twenty years because the only coach the kids at SBEC has ever known was Coach Veazy. Can anyone shine any light on this situation

2nd hand information, but I hear they will name some one by mid-January?

I hope it happens soon. I'm really interested to see who the Trojans will hire to replace Veazy. Hopefully it will be someone that will bring a new style to the football program. I don't think hiring an ole dog coach thats looking to just finish his career up at a private school because if they do that they more than likely will be looking for a new coach in a couple years or so. Veazy was at SBEC for twenty years and stability is the key in the hire, someone that will look to keep building the program to championship contender. I'm sure there are plenty good young coaches that have applied for the job it's just finding the right fit for the school and football program.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard the same a week or so ago. My guess is it won't be very long now though I don't think a specific date has been committed to...nor should one be. Be thorough and make the right hire.

AGREE.....Any idea on who is in the running for the Job? The only person I have heard mentioned is the current AD at the school. Any thoughts?

I heard the same a week or so ago. My guess is it won't be very long now though I don't think a specific date has been committed to...nor should one be. Be thorough and make the right hire.

AGREE.....Any idea on who is in the running for the Job? The only person I have heard mentioned is the current AD at the school. Any thoughts?

Not a clue.

• 3 weeks later...

They all seem like the good finalists for the job. The coach from Munford are you talking about the head coach Matt Saunders, didn't he just get their last year. But he was the offensive coordinator at Jackson Prep I believe in Jackson,Ms maybe he is looking to get out of the public school setting and back into the private. Now if the AD doesn't get the job how would the working relationship be with the new coach if he decided to stay?? Potential problem or not.