Clinton Dragons Basketball

Space3

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt sorry no one posted, so here goes.

Clinton basketball should be pretty decent in their district. Depending on who all plays. I was really impressed with how CJ played during the rocky top league. I had no idea he is as good as he is. Good news for future Clinton teams. I heard they had several potential transfers in attendance at the football game Friday night. Hopefully they will get some of those boys. Because the ones I was told about are special ball players.

They would play both. They are friends with some of the Clinton players, and they are not completely pleased with their current situations, and I can definitely see why for a couple of them. It will be interesting to see if it happens, because I know 2 of them for sure can step right in and start for both sports.

• 3 weeks later...

Clinton High School Basketball team is really looking good early on in the season. The season started off a bit rough, but playing a really good Farragut team with football players having 2 days of practice was tough. They have turned it around since the first game racking up 4 straight wins 3 on the road, and Coach Lockard is doing a great job using his 6 seniors, and mixing in the younger guys as well. Pattrick is really some talent, and is now helping the varisty bball team as he did the football team. CJ and Stone look really good, working very well together, and the Williams brothers are scoring well too. He has also surrounded himself with a 4 extremely talented assistant coaches this season, which could prove very impactful as the season moves foward. Look for Clinton to challenge Central for the District title. Looking foward to watching the AC game this season. Hope it's just as exciting as the football games were this, only different outcome in round 2.

The Clinton Dragons had a pretty good week last week, picking up 2 roads wins againts Jellico and Karns. The Karns game was a little tougher than it should have been, but Karns shot the ball very well especially from 3 and Clinton played the game without their floor general Darion Stone. CJ Alred played another solid game both nights, leading the dragaons in scoring. Saturday Clinton suffered it's first lose of the season (2nd if count the Hall of Fame game but I don't think it counts on your record! it may but I'm not for sure) to a very good South Laura team out of London Kentucky. The team featured a 6'9, 280 pound Center that is getting D1 looks. He could really score the basektball from inside and out (he actually shoot 3's). They had 7 really solid roll players that could all shoot from 3. Clinton lost by 11 again without Stone and also without Spencer Mclain. Big week though as they face two district teams in Powell and Halls. Should be nice being back at home though, looking foward to watching them play.

The Clinton Dragons had a pretty good week last week, picking up 2 roads wins againts Jellico and Karns. The Karns game was a little tougher than it should have been, but Karns shot the ball very well especially from 3 and Clinton played the game without their floor general Darion Stone. CJ Alred played another solid game both nights, leading the dragaons in scoring. Saturday Clinton suffered it's first lose of the season (2nd if count the Hall of Fame game but I don't think it counts on your record! it may but I'm not for sure) to a very good South Laura team out of London Kentucky. The team featured a 6'9, 280 pound Center that is getting D1 looks. He could really score the basektball from inside and out (he actually shoot 3's). They had 7 really solid roll players that could all shoot from 3. Clinton lost by 11 again without Stone and also without Spencer Mclain. Big week though as they face two district teams in Powell and Halls. Should be nice being back at home though, looking foward to watching them play.

So sad AC and Clinton dont play for a while and Clinton fans (D123) is on AC boards I dont blam him look no one cares about Clinton B- :thumb::| ball

• 3 weeks later...

not enough people are talkin about the clinton high basketball team. unbeaten in district play, and 11-2 on the season..... coach lockard the best coach in the district has his squad playin at a very high level just like i said they would..... the way im hearing cj alred is playin, he might be the best player in the district.... look out for the dragons...... cant wait until next tues.... ill def. be at that game vs the COWS.... please beat them punks.... i cant stand em.....

not enough people are talkin about the clinton high basketball team. unbeaten in district play, and 11-2 on the season..... coach lockard the best coach in the district has his squad playin at a very high level just like i said they would..... the way im hearing cj alred is playin, he might be the best player in the district.... look out for the dragons...... cant wait until next tues.... ill def. be at that game vs the COWS.... please beat them punks.... i cant stand em.....

The best coach in the district? REALLY? Try not to start drinking until the afternoon from now on. I agree with you about Alred. He's a good player and a great kid. He has way to much class and self-respect to be playing at CHS.

The best coach in the district? REALLY? Try not to start drinking until the afternoon from now on. I agree with you about Alred. He's a good player and a great kid. He has way to much class and self-respect to be playing at CHS.

o an who is the best coach in the district? wallace? :flower: sure find me a coach in our district thats been to some sub states and a state tournament, and also has several district and region tournament championships under his belt and then tell me i have been drinking until then Lockard best coach period.... hands down ..... o yea an you wont find any of those things i just asked for either i promise ya that :flower: o yea and cj didnt want to play for an AD that likes to fight other coaches after games.... he was way more respect than that :thumb: