Clinton Dragons Basketball

Space3

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to both Anderson County and Clinton tonight in a district showdown out at AC. This could be the best AC vs Clinton matchup since 2002 when I played and back then a share for the district lead was never on the line. Should be a great game to watch. I hope Clinton shows up because the Mavs will be ready to play. Look for Smith and Stone to go at it all night, both are very talented athletes and great basketball players. Look for either CJ alred or Chad Worthington to be the difference in the game.

Great win for Clinton last night. It was a great game but give Anderson County alot of credit in crunch time making a big run down 8 points with under 2 min to play and making it a ball game. Both teams really didn't shoot the ball very well but Stone and Josh Willard made some big plays in the fourth quarter to preserve the big district win. Congrats to Coach Lockard as Clinton remains unbeaten in District play at 7-0, the best start since 2002. Keep up the good work!!!!

Huge game for Clinton tonight vs the Central Bobcats who are also unbeaten in District play. Both teams feature some very athletic players with the Bobcats featuring a 6'8 center as well. Look for this game to be up and down the floor all night long. Clinton will have to with stand the outstanding pressure Central's athletes will put on them both in the full court and the half court. They will also have to with stand big runs that Central tends to make. The biggest challenge for Clinton tonight will be shooting the basketball better than they did Friday vs Oak Ridge. There shooting percentage was terrible and needed a fourth quarter run late to beat the young Wildcats. Look for Clinton to have an edge at home, but this game will be the toughest game of the season so far for the Dragons. Good luck to both teams tonight.

Tough loss for Clinton last night at home vs Central. Central is a very athletic team from top to bottom with one of the best guards around and a center who can kill you on the offensive glass. It was a very intense game from start to finish with some questionable calls on both ends. The worst of the night was a missed goaltending call on Mcbee with Clinton making a big run late in the 3rd trying to cut into the Central lead. It was clearly a missed call by all 3 officials. Clinton also lost the game at the foul line connecting on only 14 of 31 free throws. But Central is by far the most athletic team in the district and they shoot the ball very well from the outside too. They remind me of the Austin East teams from 1999-2002, very athletic, press and play hard half court defenese, and crash the offensive boards like mad men. Hats off to their players. Clinton must rebound and get better from the foul line, that will cost them come tournament time if they are not careful.

• 1 month later...

Well no one has been on this forum in a very long time so I figure I would write about the DISTRICT TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS a little bit. If you were not able to see the game on Wed. you missed the best game I have seen in a long time. Both Clinton and Central played their hearts out, but CJ alred and Darion Stone were to much for Central that night. CJ had 37 points while Stone had a triple double with 17,13, and 10. Central made one heck of a comeback in the 2nd half so give their kids a lot of credit. West high school is up next for Clinton, Saturday night at Don Lockard Gym. West who I am hearing is the most athletic team from the other District. Not fair if you ask me, being the number one seed an having to play a team like West first round. But Clinton must show up and play as hard as they have been playing the last 2 ball games. They have looked like a totally different team, have to give the coaches some credit on that. Keep it up Clinton and lets make a run at the sub-state.

Well no one has been on this forum in a very long time so I figure I would write about the DISTRICT TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS a little bit. If you were not able to see the game on Wed. you missed the best game I have seen in a long time. Both Clinton and Central played their hearts out, but CJ alred and Darion Stone were to much for Central that night. CJ had 37 points while Stone had a triple double with 17,13, and 10. Central made one heck of a comeback in the 2nd half so give their kids a lot of credit. West high school is up next for Clinton, Saturday night at Don Lockard Gym. West who I am hearing is the most athletic team from the other District. Not fair if you ask me, being the number one seed an having to play a team like West first round. But Clinton must show up and play as hard as they have been playing the last 2 ball games. They have looked like a totally different team, have to give the coaches some credit on that. Keep it up Clinton and lets make a run at the sub-state.

THUD!!!!!