Austin-East @ Elizabethton Quarterfinals

EHSTrack06

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start by saying Elizabethton has a good team that played well Friday night.

Austin-East showed their youth and inconsistency. They were not the same team that beat GP they previous week. Their focus didn't seem to be there. They had untimely turnovers and penalties. There is never a good time for turnovers or penalties, but Austin-East turned the ball over on a punt return and had penalties that kept drives going for Elizabethton.

The atmoshpere at Elizabethton was nice, but I was surprised by the taunting that was allowed by the Elizabethton coaches before the game. I could not believe the Elizabethton players were allowed to face the Austin-East players at the 50 yardline and chant "we run this S_ _ _!" I did not see any Elizabethton coaches trying to discourage their players. I guess Elizabethton was trying to show that they were not scared, but considering the way they played, that was obviously not necessary.

Congratulations to Elizabethton, they deserve to play in the semis.

My son plays on the EHS varsity team.... all week they had heard the taunting coming from the west. "No one on our team was as fast as AE, we hadn't played anyone, we didn't know what good was... and so on - and so on- and so on"

Our boys had listened to the taunting while warming up on the field about "how AE was in COW-TOWN... and the cows say "moooooo" and so on - and so on- and so on..."

Our boys got in the huddle and started their chat... and then AE went to far... they started jumping on the E on our 50 yard line... Never did I see a AE coach do a thing to stop them... so I'm sorry, why should our coaches correct our boys for doing a chat in THEIR HOME STADIUM when your team is just as guilty of the taunting?

Either way Betsy had already decided their pads would do their talking... and the rest is history.

I'll start by saying Elizabethton has a good team that played well Friday night.

Austin-East showed their youth and inconsistency. They were not the same team that beat GP they previous week. Their focus didn't seem to be there. They had untimely turnovers and penalties. There is never a good time for turnovers or penalties, but Austin-East turned the ball over on a punt return and had penalties that kept drives going for Elizabethton.

The atmoshpere at Elizabethton was nice, but I was surprised by the taunting that was allowed by the Elizabethton coaches before the game. I could not believe the Elizabethton players were allowed to face the Austin-East players at the 50 yardline and chant "we run this S_ _ _!" I did not see any Elizabethton coaches trying to discourage their players. I guess Elizabethton was trying to show that they were not scared, but considering the way they played, that was obviously not necessary.

Congratulations to Elizabethton, they deserve to play in the semis.

ID SAY E-TOWN COACHES CONTROLLED THEIR PLAYERS BETTER THAN A-E IF YOU COUNT THE NO# OF 15 YARD PENTALITIES AT THE END OF THE GAME

My son plays on the EHS varsity team.... all week they had heard the taunting coming from the west. "No one on our team was as fast as AE, we hadn't played anyone, we didn't know what good was... and so on - and so on- and so on"

Our boys had listened to the taunting while warming up on the field about "how AE was in COW-TOWN... and the cows say "moooooo" and so on - and so on- and so on..."

Our boys got in the huddle and started their chat... and then AE went to far... they started jumping on the E on our 50 yard line... Never did I see a AE coach do a thing to stop them... so I'm sorry, why should our coaches correct our boys for doing a chat in THEIR HOME STADIUM when your team is just as guilty of the taunting?

Either way Betsy had already decided their pads would do their talking... and the rest is history.

Austin-East players did not say anything to Elizabethton players. There was not any "cow town" talk from the players or coaches. All the taunting that you speak of during the week was by fans and spectators (some from Austin-East and some not affiliated with Austin-East). The taunting that I spoke of was intentional and probably planned. Elizabethton players lined up (spanning the width of the field) facing Austin-East at the 50 yardline, and did jumping jacks (I did not hear what they spelled). After the jumping jacks, they came together in a group at the 50 yardline still facing Austin-East and began their chant.

This excited Austin-East players, and they began jumping up and down. I saw 2-3 Austin-East coaches between the two groups trying to ensure nothing physical started. I did not see Elizabethton coaches doing the same. Based on the comment from the CAK fan, I guess this is a pre-game routine for Elizabethton. If Austin-East had such a tradition, people would talk about Austin-East having no class, no discipline, and no sportsmanship.

Our kids spelled EHS. Our Chant RTD it was painted on our field. "Who runs this Ship?" We run this Ship?" When Coach Witten came in as Coach he asked for 3 years to Return the Elizabethton Program To Dominance and "Right the Ship". Hence RTD.

Before the game the AE kids were out there walikng all over the E kicking the dirt trying to erace it. I saw that... Here it is and both teams coaches were there..

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=cat ... gbzFyzdZA8

Austin-East players did not say anything to Elizabethton players. There was not any "cow town" talk from the players or coaches. All the taunting that you speak of during the week was by fans and spectators (some from Austin-East and some not affiliated with Austin-East). The taunting that I spoke of was intentional and probably planned. Elizabethton players lined up (spanning the width of the field) facing Austin-East at the 50 yardline, and did jumping jacks (I did not hear what they spelled). After the jumping jacks, they came together in a group at the 50 yardline still facing Austin-East and began their chant.

This excited Austin-East players, and they began jumping up and down. I saw 2-3 Austin-East coaches between the two groups trying to ensure nothing physical started. I did not see Elizabethton coaches doing the same. Based on the comment from the CAK fan, I guess this is a pre-game routine for Elizabethton. If Austin-East had such a tradition, people would talk about Austin-East having no class, no discipline, and no sportsmanship.

I personally heard some of the players taunting the Elizabethton players with the "cow talk" when they were warming up. A friend that works for a local paper that was standing on the sideline heard it as well. Our players ignored them, as they had been advised to do all week.

The chant is something that the players do at everygame... they were in the huddle before it began ON THE 45 yard line, not facing the AE players. The AE players got on the other 45 yard line to begin with --- then they moved to the 50 yard line. I guess it depends on what side of the field you were on then, because there were Cyclone coaches as well as Cyclone players trying to keep the two apart.

The only thing that was done differently in the AE game was the fact that our team was in a huddle on our sideline when AE took the field. They had watched film from the Gatlinburg - Pittman game and saw the AE players "flipping the GP players off, and making other obsene gestures..." as they took the field. Our coaches did not want to subject our players to that type of "taunting".