Austin-East @ Elizabethton Quarterfinals

EHSTrack06

Betsy seem to have an organize callout. You don't do it unless you want a response. AE unorganized response. Couple of players from both teams cross 50. Coaches from AE get theirs under control. Preacher part of callout and realizes that he part of it and belatedly pushes Betsy back (sort of funny on the video). About even both sides. :thumb:

Glad Betsy won, now beat Alcoa!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to hand it to Columbia. That is first class transference and deflection. You manage to talk the pregame talk that you did, and then first post after your team getting dominated, attempt to switch the focus to what the opposing team did that you didn't like. Very well done if that is your "MO."

A-E had a very good team this year, and I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I am one who believed some of the hype that their supporters posed. Don't misunderstand me, they had a fine team, but from the preseason some of their fans indicated that they were a potential obstacle for Alcoa.

Columbia, I have read enough of your posts to know that you are an intelligent and articulate poster. You could have elected to be measured in your pregame posts supporting your team. However, you chose to postulate that A-E had a team that would dominate the lowly NET Cyclones. Elizabethton didn't stand a chance, right? To be candid, I was / am dissappointed that you didn't get on the board and take your medicine. My advice, worth what you paid for it: If you're going to make the kind of posts that you made before the E Town game, then be the first to post after the E Town game giving credit where it is due and admitting that you were wrong, and that Elilzabethton was the better team, at least that night. It is not difficult to see what you are attempting to do by trying to switch the focus to a pregame chant. Fact: A-E got dominated and you don't like it.

A-E is one of a number of good teams in 3A, but I for one won't be buying that A-E is an elite team that can give Alcoa a run for their money. Good luck in the off season, and hope to see you next year.

I've got to hand it to Columbia. That is first class transference and deflection. You manage to talk the pregame talk that you did, and then first post after your team getting dominated, attempt to switch the focus to what the opposing team did that you didn't like. Very well done if that is your "MO."

A-E had a very good team this year, and I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I am one who believed some of the hype that their supporters posed. Don't misunderstand me, they had a fine team, but from the preseason some of their fans indicated that they were a potential obstacle for Alcoa.

Columbia, I have read enough of your posts to know that you are an intelligent and articulate poster. You could have elected to be measured in your pregame posts supporting your team. However, you chose to postulate that A-E had a team that would dominate the lowly NET Cyclones. Elizabethton didn't stand a chance, right? To be candid, I was / am dissappointed that you didn't get on the board and take your medicine. My advice, worth what you paid for it: If you're going to make the kind of posts that you made before the E Town game, then be the first to post after the E Town game giving credit where it is due and admitting that you were wrong, and that Elilzabethton was the better team, at least that night. It is not difficult to see what you are attempting to do by trying to switch the focus to a pregame chant. Fact: A-E got dominated and you don't like it.

A-E is one of a number of good teams in 3A, but I for one won't be buying that A-E is an elite team that can give Alcoa a run for their money. Good luck in the off season, and hope to see you next year.

First of all, I'm not going to rush home from a high school football game to try to be the first one to post about the game. I've never posted on a Friday night, and I usually don't post on the weekends at all. I have a family and a life outside of high school football.

As far as Austin-East being a potential obstacle for Alcoa... that's what I believed at the time, but I was wrong this year. Btw, there was only one post were I indicated that Austin-East would beat Alcoa, and that was a friendly exchange that I had with BC. Every other time, I just said that I thought it would be a close game.

About the game...

I read back through all of my posts in this thread. I never said that Austin-East would dominate the game or that Austin-East is so much better than Elizabethton. I did believe that Austin-East would win, and I did say that Austin-East would score more than 14 points. You want me to say that I was wrong, and that Elizabethton was the better team that night... it's obvious that tey were the better team. I did not hear you apologize for saying that you "don't think the D line is the strength of the E Town defense" and that it "spells problems for them stopping the run game." I gave them their props... I said they have a good team and deserved to win. I still believe that Austin-East was a better team than what they showed against Elizabethton. For some reason, they didn't show up.

One of my main reasons for mentioning the pre-game chant, which btw did not sound like they were saying "we run this ship," was to hint that Austin-East would not get away with such behavior without being highly scrutinized. I do believe that it was more than just a chant to get themselves excited about the game. I think they were intentionally taunting Austin-East. Had that been Austin-East, people would've made a big deal out of it.