Camden at Milan-Round 3

BullDawgGirl03

Will Milan have any fans at the game Friday, or will they all be on Coacht complaining about Alcoa's open zone?

I would like to see somebody from Camden get on here and talk up there team. A little bit more than "go team" is required. Seems like all you want to do is get on here and complain about the dawgs talking amongst themselves. I guess Saturday is opening day of deer season an all, but surely you guys aren't ready to pack it in.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan is, and always will be, a great football program. Morris is a great coach and those guys just continue to put together powerhouse football teams year after year after year. With that being said I must say that Milan still HAS NOT WON A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP this decade. They have enjoyed a lot of good playoff success but in the end they have always seemed to fail against an elite team somewhere in the later rounds of the playoffs. Need proof?????

2000: lost in the 2nd round to Jackson South Side (eventual state semifinalist)

2001: lost in the 2nd round to Westview (eventual state runner-up)

2002: lost in the quarterfinals to Mitchell (eventual state runner-up)

2003: lost in the semifinals to Huntingdon (eventual state champions)

2004: lost in the semifinals to Huntingdon (eventual state runner-up)

2005: lost in the quarterfinals to Huntingdon (eventual state semifinalist)

2006: lost in the semifinals to Goodpasture (eventual state runner-up)

2007: lost in the quarterfinals to Peabody (eventual state semifinalist)

2008: lost in the state championship game to Alcoa (eventual state champions)

Is 2009 going to produce a state championship on the gridiron for Milan????? While the Bulldogs have enjoyed great success in the postseason they have really never (this decade) been able to put it together week after week to reach the ultimate goal of winning a state title. Now that the tune-up games are over it is time for Milan to square off against 3 elite teams in their class. Camden will be the first of those 3 tests. Can Milan pass the test????? We're about to find out week-by-week :thumb:

And Camden has? What is your point? Those stats you gave are pretty good. I would imagine Camden wishes they could claim those. Only one team can win the title each year. According to your post, 6 of those years we either lost to the eventually champion or the runner up. Wow!!! What team from around here has had that kind of success?

Milan is, and always will be, a great football program. Morris is a great coach and those guys just continue to put together powerhouse football teams year after year after year. With that being said I must say that Milan still HAS NOT WON A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP this decade. They have enjoyed a lot of good playoff success but in the end they have always seemed to fail against an elite team somewhere in the later rounds of the playoffs. Need proof?????

2000: lost in the 2nd round to Jackson South Side (eventual state semifinalist)

2001: lost in the 2nd round to Westview (eventual state runner-up)

2002: lost in the quarterfinals to Mitchell (eventual state runner-up)

2003: lost in the semifinals to Huntingdon (eventual state champions)

2004: lost in the semifinals to Huntingdon (eventual state runner-up)

2005: lost in the quarterfinals to Huntingdon (eventual state semifinalist)

2006: lost in the semifinals to Goodpasture (eventual state runner-up)

2007: lost in the quarterfinals to Peabody (eventual state semifinalist)

2008: lost in the state championship game to Alcoa (eventual state champions)

Is 2009 going to produce a state championship on the gridiron for Milan????? While the Bulldogs have enjoyed great success in the postseason they have really never (this decade) been able to put it together week after week to reach the ultimate goal of winning a state title. Now that the tune-up games are over it is time for Milan to square off against 3 elite teams in their class. Camden will be the first of those 3 tests. Can Milan pass the test????? We're about to find out week-by-week :thumb:

I'm not really sure if this post is supposed to be a slap against Milan not winning a championship over the last 9 years or what your intentions where? Everything you stated is true and also is the envy of every program in the same class with the exception of Alcoa and Goodpasture. Ok, we are not at the top of the mountian!! Only one team is and that is the mighty Alcoa Tornadoes. Another year and here is Milan again, heading to the Quarters, possibly the Semi's and hopefully the Finals!! I will take the sucess of this program over any in this area. We are very proud of what the coaches and players accomplish every year!!! They teach kids to do play the game the right way, they also take kids and turn them into fine young men. They do it every year without cussing out the kids and they lead by example.

Will this be the year? I sure think we got a chance. Our starting defense has given up 14 points since week 3. That may not impress you but but it does most. I think if our defense can continue this the next 3 weeks I like our chances. Knocking the Tornadoes off the mountian top isn't going to be easy but someday they are going to get beat by a 3A school. It might as well be this year.

I would like to see somebody from Camden get on here and talk up there team. A little bit more than "go team" is required. Seems like all you want to do is get on here and complain about the dawgs talking amongst themselves. I guess Saturday is opening day of deer season an all, but surely you guys aren't ready to pack it in.

No Smokem we have class sir, but we don't talk crap for our boys. Our boys do all their talking on the field with their pads. I'm still trying to figure out whosae side your on exactly?

No Smokem we have class sir, but we don't talk crap for our boys. Our boys do all their talking on the field with their pads. I'm still trying to figure out whosae side your on exactly?

I'm really not wanting to talk crap either so it really does not have anything to do with class. Actually it takes a little class to get on here and keep the posts somewhat objective. I would really like somebody that knows the team to talk about Camden's game, key matchups, strengths/weaknesses, highlights, injuries, and what it is going to take to win. I'm not much on cheerleading and "go team" post guy. I do state it the way I see it. I really thought Camden would give Milan all they wanted or maybe win until I heard about your qb. That's unfortunate. However your boys aren't going to roll over and forfeit. So how do they win this game. :thumb:

We can get on here and talk up the Lions all we want but anything said will be referred to as pipe dreams and so on so forth. I know we are about even when it comes to our common opponents. And before someone goes on a tear about how that doesn't matter, I already know. I think it will be a better game than most people think and if either team makes too many mistakes, they will lose. So lets get ready for Friday night. For those of you calling for a blowout, you will be disappointed. Regardless, let's all get out to Johnnie Hale, show some class and watch two great teams play the game we love.

Camden by 1.

Smokem

For Camden to win this game they need to show balance early. If they can connect on a few passes, it should open up the misdirection. Devon White vs. the Milan backers is a big matchup. He needs to get their attention fast so that when he gets the dive fakes, the LBs have to honor it. Easley will need to step up and get the ball out and over the line when he passes, as he had a sure touchdown on 4th and goal batted down last week against Westview. He will need to be decisive when he throws the ball.

Defensively, they will need to stop the big play. If they can limit Milan's explosiveness and get to the QB when Milan passes, they can take away the balance and make Milan one dimensional. If they can limit big plays and get a lot of people to the football, they could slow them down some.

And as always in any football game, they have to eliminate penalties and turnovers. That goes without saying but I said it anyway.

:roflolk:

I love how when Milan fans get on here, and state facts about how good our team is this year. And give our opinion of how we believe the game is going to turn out. We are viewed as "classless". Talking up your team to your opponents isn't classless....it's RIVALRY! Aside from a couple of our more zealous fans, what exactly has Milan's fans said this year that hasn't been true? We've said all year, and just about every game that we were going to dominate. And our boys have backed up all of our words......

Classless = Bud Adams giving the finger to the bills.....