How will District 8 AA, and region 4 be this year

upperman20

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

DeKalb won sub state beating McMinn Central 3-0 and are going to play at in Murfreesboro sometime Tuesday. They beat Chattanooga Christian 11-4 in region and then beat Smith Co. again in the finals 7-1. They made history for the school. Won district and region now hopefully they will do great at state. Great job Tigers.

Smith County started off their postseason with a loss to DeKalb County in the first round of the district tournament. In their second game of the district tournament Smith came from behind to beat Livingston Academy 9 to 6. In their third game Smoith County played Upperman for a chance to go to the region tournament. Smith jumped out to an early 12-0 lead and that was enought to advance them on into the region. They were beaten later that night by DeKalb for the district championship(congrats to DeKalb). The Owls then moved on to play the Indians of Sequatchie Co.in the first round of the region tournament. The Owls won this game and it gave them a berth to play in the sub-state game. The next task at hand was the region championship game against who else other than DeKalb Co. This was the fifth time these 2 teams had met this year and the series was split 2-2. Dekalb took this game easily to win the region and make the series 3-2 in favor of the Tigers. The Owls traveled to Polk Co. to play the Wildcats for a chance to advance to the state tournament and play in the Boro. The Cats had a lead up until the 6th inning then the Owls decided they were going to play baseball. Smith Co. came away victorious with a freshman pitcher getting the win and advancing the Owls to the big dance in The Boro. The Owls will play Tuesday in the first round of the double elimination state tournament. Congrats to the boys and coaches for making it this far. Now go out there and represent District 8AA!! :roflol: