The State Of Tenn. High Viking Football

couch qb

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh........I almost forgot!

South...............King of the One & Done!

Isn't this a viking thread... why don't we stay on topic here boys :o

That boy is Obsessed. I couldn't stomach it, but if someone would care to look through his thousands of posts, I will guess 75% mention South.

Little old South? Half the size and money of the great DB. Strange, IMHO.

"It takes a loss to taste the sweetness of victory" is a sign now hanging up next to Boone's field house. I have no idea what it is like to win everything then lose once and go home. I think TN High is in fine shape...but I think you all were not as good as you thought you were. No, I am not saying you were bad, I am saying that you didn't think you could lose to anyone but while you were riding high....other teams were getting better. All it took was a good game plan and personnel that could get the job done. This long doing the same thing did hurt you...but can you blame it when it was working for 11 weeks straight.

I think TN High is in good shape....maybe some humility from certain fans but hey that is every program including my own. Better luck next year.

1.but I think you all were not as good as you thought you were..not as good as we should have been is a better fit.

2. I am saying that you didn't think you could lose to anyone but while you were riding high....other teams were getting better....Complacentcy ...you have to try and stay one step ahead and we did not .

3.This long doing the same thing did hurt you...but can you blame it when it was working for 11 weeks straight...falls under complacentcy..you have to have a second page in the play book and sometimes a third.

"It takes a loss to taste the sweetness of victory" is a sign now hanging up next to Boone's field house. I have no idea what it is like to win everything then lose once and go home. I think TN High is in fine shape...but I think you all were not as good as you thought you were. No, I am not saying you were bad, I am saying that you didn't think you could lose to anyone but while you were riding high....other teams were getting better. All it took was a good game plan and personnel that could get the job done. This long doing the same thing did hurt you...but can you blame it when it was working for 11 weeks straight.

I think TN High is in good shape....maybe some humility from certain fans but hey that is every program including my own. Better luck next year.

1.but I think you all were not as good as you thought you were..not as good as we should have been is a better fit.

2. I am saying that you didn't think you could lose to anyone but while you were riding high....other teams were getting better....Complacentcy ...you have to try and stay one step ahead and we did not .

3.This long doing the same thing did hurt you...but can you blame it when it was working for 11 weeks straight...falls under complacentcy..you have to have a second page in the play book and sometimes a third.

Well then... looks like you found three problems that need to be addressed. :o And also.....every team aside from a 60-0 Maryville is not as good as they should have been.

Oh........I almost forgot!

South...............King of the One & Done!

Isn't this a viking thread... why don't we stay on topic here boys :o

That boy is Obsessed. I couldn't stomach it, but if someone would care to look through his thousands of posts, I will guess 75% mention South.

Little old South? Half the size and money of the great DB. Strange, IMHO.

This thread started out with a good post by couch qb that should of set the tone. If any "thinking" person wishes to look back to the second post you can see the post by W1ldcat (a South fan). This post is what hi-jacked the thread and brought my response in the forth post, which started the pi--ing match. If any "thinking" person wishes to look back at almost any thread for any upper east tn. team you will see a South fan will be the first to fire a shot at DB. It doesn't have to be a DB thread. I call them the Goone Squad. When one of them shows up I give it back to them 10fold. Little old South, maybe.......Big old Mouth, for sure. This is not about me. This is about the "Goone Squad" The group of South fans that are obsessed with DB. You may never beat DB on the football field if you couldn't do it this year. You now know this so this is all you got. The problem is your losing on CoachT to. I mean, dang, explain to all of us just how can you throw all this crap out here against a team that you have not beat in 17 years. I just don't get the logic there. Either way.......you keep putting them up and I'll keep knocking them down. Im not even going to mention 44-0 this time.

This thread started out with a good post by couch qb that should of set the tone. If any "thinking" person wishes to look back to the second post you can see the post by W1ldcat (a South fan). This post is what hi-jacked the thread and brought my response in the forth post, which started the pi--ing match. If any "thinking" person wishes to look back at almost any thread for any upper east tn. team you will see a South fan will be the first to fire a shot at DB. It doesn't have to be a DB thread. I call them the Goone Squad. When one of them shows up I give it back to them 10fold. Little old South, maybe.......Big old Mouth, for sure. This is not about me. This is about the "Goone Squad" The group of South fans that are obsessed with DB. You may never beat DB on the football field if you couldn't do it this year. You now know this so this is all you got. The problem is your losing on CoachT to. I mean, dang, explain to all of us just how can you throw all this crap out here against a team that you have not beat in 17 years. I just don't get the logic there. Either way.......you keep putting them up and I'll keep knocking them down. Im not even going to mention 44-0 this time.

You all have our number, no denying it. Not really concerned about it right now, you won't hear me talk trash about the actual DB vs. South game cause well we don't have a lot of ammo there. I would like to change topics though because we have a game tomorrow. Anyone know what happened to the South v Boone thread.

Sorry viking fans, i know this is your off season thread. i won't clutter it up with any more south comments unless directly related to your THS squad. Congrats on a good season, you dominated the region for 11 weeks.

Well then... looks like you found three problems that need to be addressed. :roll: And also.....every team aside from a 60-0 Maryville is not as good as they should have been.

Thats your opinion and your intitled to it.

This was the year for the Vikings to make a run at the Gold Ball. All the ingredients were there:solid QB play,great kicking game that could dictate field position and put points on the board, diversified offense with multiple RBs and balanced rushing/passing, and a ball hawking ,hard hitting secondary. 23 seniors gave outstanding leadership . I'm sure the disappointment is great in Bristol as it should be. Take nothing away from a 10-0 season and championship of the new Big8 however. Congratulations.

Players may have been complacent and emotionally spent after the season ending wins over Boone and South. Scheduling is important and once it is set advantages and disadvantages become apparent. Playing Dobyns-Bennett every year the week after they play South will be a big advantage for Tn. Hi . D-B puts a lot of energy into preparation for that game whether they beat the Rebels by 44 -0 or 7-6, they are down the next week. They understand they simply cannot allow a loss to their cross town rival.You took advantage this year and secured that victory after many years of frustration. On the other hand, your schedule offers a disadvantage in the season ending Boone/South gauntlet. Boone is the coming beast and will continue to thrive as their enrollment and confidence grows. The advantage you currently have in playing D-B after South is not as significant as the disadvantage of playing 2 big ones at season's end when the playoffs start the next week. I believe this years Vikings were at low tide for the rematch with Boone.

NET was much stronger this year. Big 8 5A wins over Seymour (twice),Mo-East,Knox West,Knox Powell, Knox Catholic put to rest the theory we cannot play outside our corner of the state. Unfortunately ,the Vikings did not get to keep playing a "fresh" opponent,but instead had to play a very good Boone team that had confidence they could tweak a few things and come out with a victory. IMO,the losing team in close games always has as advantage in rematches. The Vikings may have been complacent but the coaching staff has to shoulder the brunt of the blame. Their job is to get the kids ready and add enough wrinkles week to week to keep the kids' juices flowing and to keep the look from growing stale and predictable. There is no question Coach Stubbs' staff has a great program going,but the playoff resume could use some bolstering.

Going forward ,I think the Vikings will be winners the next 3 years, but I do not see them vying for conference championships. Next year will be all D-B vs DB with Science Hill coming on and South and Tn Hi scrambling for 4th. That assessment is based on middle school talent I've observed over the last 4 years. Tn Hi is really hurt in the football program, IMO,by only having one middle school feeder. There is not enough skill player development coming into high school ball. I also understand rivalries are sacred, but playing East and Virginia High doesn't do much to get your team better.

As long as Cap and Shamus are in your corner there will be excitement in the Stone Castle, the greatest place to play high school football IMO. :thumb:

The Vikings may have been complacent but the coaching staff has to shoulder the brunt of the blame. Their job is to get the kids ready and add enough wrinkles week to week to keep the kids' juices flowing and to keep the look from growing stale and predictable. There is no question Coach Stubbs' staff has a great program going,but the playoff resume could use some bolstering.

Crawdad you are the man...spot on :popcorneater: .. except for i meant that it was the staff who was complacent not the players as much..but once agian i will say i hope they(the staff)will learn from this season.....BUT!!...weeellll...we'll just say we'll see :popcorneater:

On a somewhat unrelated note, but if you Tennessee fans like reliving yesteryear and enjoy game simulations, a guy who runs historical simulations with national powers from previous years in high school football and basketball is about to run a simulation on the 1971 high school football season, and Tennessee (Bristol) is one of the playoff teams. The Vikings start off with St. Rita out of Chicago.

Yes, this stuff is pie-in-the-sky fantasy, but it's something to pass some time and relive good memories.

http://www.jimmychitwood.com/